Need some help, also hi there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name's David I'm 21 and just last Tuesday, I managed to finally afford a kit to quit my 8 years of smoking. I was starting to get up to over a pack a day, plus my breathing was getting worse by the day. So I saved up and bought myself an iJust PICO from Eleaf, with the MELO3 atomizer. All worked fine, started with 6mg nicotine on my liquid but felt that wasn't enough because I vaped a bit too much so swapped to 8mg and now it feels fine. Although just a bit ago I experienced something odd... The tank was empty-ish so I filled it up then I went to take a hit like I usually do(direct to lungs), and instead of the normal sensation, I expected it felt like it was just sprinkling hot juice onto my throat with very little vapor. Tried a few more times and the same happened even when I lowered the wattage. I tried a few things out like hitting it without pressing the fire button, adjusting the airflow to make sure it was clear, along with some other things I don't even really know. Now it seems like it's back to normal, but I'd like to know what happened and what can I do to prevent it, and what was the thing I did to fix it. I'll list below the setup I'm using.

Standard 0.3 Coil that came in the MELO3 box
Wattage mode on 50W
Divine Clouds Anubis e-liquid

Gratch

Jul 9, 2017
Hello and welcome, though i am new myself i think i know the problem. Since the tank was emptyish and you refilled it the juice hadnt had time to properly soak into the wick so when you took a hit the coil heated the little bit of juice remaining in the wick to much and that boilded and splattered into your mouth. Then the juice soaked in properly after a few minutes and the problem was resolved. I may be wrong but i think that was what it was.

Last edited:

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
sounds like you flooded the coil when you refilled your tank to me, happens to the best of us. when i would accidently flood my coil, i would get a papertowel, tilt tank upside down unto it and blow through airhole to get the excess juice out of coil area. Sometimes the first draw or two would still spit a little juice afterwards but, usually it fix the problem right away.

Garden gnome

Jul 19, 2017
Claxton,GA
sounds like you flooded the coil when you refilled your tank to me, happens to the best of us. when i would accidently flood my coil, i would get a papertowel, tilt tank upside down unto it and blow through airhole to get the excess juice out of coil area. Sometimes the first draw or two would still spit a little juice afterwards but, usually it fix the problem right away.
What causes the coil to flood?

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    No, the tolerances of some meters are a bit off and therefor not totally accurate. Also, the molecular structure of wire changes with the passage of time and while using the coil. As long as a coil is not totally black colored or gunked up then the slight variation in resistance should not be a worry. When a coil turns black and gets gunked up then it will effect the flavor and taste of the vape... That is when it is time to replace a coil.

Reactions: Necroknight

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    What causes the coil to flood?

When the internal pressure of the tank causes juice to oversaturate the coil.

To fix this, flip the tank upside down when tightening the last couple turns, it'll force air into the coil.

Or make sure your coil is not fully saturated when priming it, so that it has capacity to suck up extra juice when you close the cap and force pressure into the coil.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    A well built tank often develops a slight vacuum when you fill it nearly full then vape it down to empty. When you open it to refill, the vacuum is broken and top-fill tanks can flood as the liquid settles.

The blowing out helps prevent the spitting. We call that napkin thingies you blow into a Caper Towel. ;)

Welcome to ECF!

Reactions: suprtrkr

Garden gnome

Jul 19, 2017
    Claxton,GA
    When the internal pressure of the tank causes juice to oversaturate the coil.

To fix this, flip the tank upside down when tightening the last couple turns, it'll force air into the coil.

Or make sure your coil is not fully saturated when priming it, so that it has capacity to suck up extra juice when you close the cap and force pressure into the coil.
    Preciate it.. I've got two different tanks, my main tank Mtl is a geni tank mega and its bottom fill.. never had a problem with flooding but my backup tank is a top tank nano For dl and its always flooding when I refill it..I appreciate the advice.. like G.I. Joe use to say "knowing is half the battle" lol

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread