Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Thanks again Burnie, just ordered these!
Just so you know, FT is in China, so you are looking at 2 to 3 weeks for delivery of an order from them :( My fastest has been 10 days, normal is 2 weeks, longest is 49 days.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Just so you know, FT is in China, so you are looking at 2 to 3 weeks for delivery of an order from them :( My fastest has been 10 days, normal is 2 weeks, longest is 49 days.

I love FT and Hate it all at the sametime. I order some much stuff from there love the prices and the fact I can basically get anything I can imagine vape wise. But man the shipping absolutely kills me slowly. Specially ordering my Hangda RY4/Ruyan4 fell in love with this liquid but the shipping through singapore post is SOOOOOO slow. Ordered a couple 100ml bottles this time lol just have to keep up on ordering it and also placed another order for 50 more of those coils with single wick.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Just ordered 2 more Rocks and a couple of packs of pods, trying to get the DW to use them, so need a little extra stock. I have found with less gunky juice I get 9 to 10 tanks before it needs rebuilt. I am still on my first 4 pods, 3 really as I lost a part to one of them :facepalm: and they rebuild and work fine still, so the rebuild life is really good on these. I have started to use the 4 wick replacements coils exclusively. Using cotton or rayon had a little better flavor, but was even more of a PITA than it already is to rebuild one of these pods. I like the 4 wick as it is just a little bigger overall than the one wick, I think the one wick is 3mm and the 4 wick is 4 X 1mm, so 1mm bigger.

Momato

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2014
Maryland
This is my 4th refill on my first pod I am pretty impressed by the rock
2a4aab052469f14582ff26d86003f6a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
:( Houston We May Have a Problem :(

Was vaping like normal this morning and the button started sticking, not every time but enough to bother me. I messed with it some and it is working for now. Make sure to listen for the click when it pops back out, that is what I noticed first, no release click. Could have just been a little dirt/dust around the button not letting it come back out. Just wanted to let everyone know so they could watch for it. I was rotating daily between two of them, but now I'm going to use this one exclusively to see if there is still a problem with the button.

3daysNcounting

Apr 25, 2017
I bought it from csv group on Facebook they did this as an experiment last year but they stopped it[emoji848]that's juul for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh well, bummer... It probably would have been expensive had it become mainstream, and that's definitely something I'm trying to get away from! :)
Dipping my toe into diy soon I hope!
Thanks Momato

Reactions: Momato

Darbs3454

Oct 26, 2017
Ok mine arrived today so let me give some info on them after first look.
I purchased mine from
The Rock by Boulder

It has a Button :D :banana: Nice and clicky. 3 clicks on, 3 clicks off.

Filled up a pod with my ADV as I am most familiar with that flavor, not bad, lots better than the My Von Erl or the iCare, it has flavor. I am starting with a 50/50 juice to see how it wicks.

Capacity, well that is a little short. After I filled the pod, I sucked it out with a blunt syringe, only .8ml, so really small amount of juice. Not sure how long that would last.

Checked Ω with my DMM and it looks to be a 2Ω coil. Also the wick looks to be silica.

Looking at the pod, I'm not sure how they got the coil in there, so not sure how it comes apart to clean and rewick, I'll mess with that when I have a bad one needing rewicked. Don't want to mess up a good one as I only have 2, and they are $6 a 2 pack

The USB charging on the device, well I would rather have a cable. Looks funny when it is plugged in, but works fine.

I plan on using it as my first vape tomorrow and see how long the pod/battery last and how it vapes. I am also taking my normal setup, just in case. :D

I'll post more info as I test it out.
So I've had my rock for a little over a month and it's been working just fine. But today it started tasting burnt and had a burnt smell I did replace the mod yesterday so I really don't know what's happening. It's full of liquid. I'm just seeing if anyone else has experienced this before.

Darbs3454

Oct 26, 2017
So I've had my rock for a little over a month and it's been working just fine. But today it started tasting burnt and had a burnt smell I did replace the mod yesterday so I really don't know what's happening. It's full of liquid. I'm just seeing if anyone else has experienced this before.
I forgot to prime it.

• Informative
Reactions: Burnie

James Vapes

Jul 18, 2017
Just wanted to weigh in as I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago.

Currently, I also own the PlyRock Pulse, Juul, Suorin Air and My Von Erl.

In terms of general vape and flavour, I think the Rock is one of my favourites.

The Pulse is quite weak in terms of vapor production, the Juul is... well the Juul (decent flavour, but expensive pods... refilling isn't as solid as the proper pods, which are priciey if you're doing one a day). The Suorin Air is solid, but there's just something about the hit with Nic Salts that leaves me a bit "breathless". The Von Erl is comparable to the Rock in terms of vapor production/draw and flavour, but again, a recycled pod is never as nice as a fresh one.

Downsides so far with the Rock: The pods seem to go bad pretty quick, maybe 4/5 refills (which, tbf, is as advertised). But the Pulse and even the MVE pods will take many more refills before getting nasty. The Suorin ones seem to last the longest...

Also, the battery life of the Rock is... fine, but with no level indicator, I'm always topping it up to be sure. The vape quality also notable tails off as the battery drains (unregulated I assume?). No biggie, but again, another reason to keep it topped up.

Related: The LED is pretty hard to see if it's lit up or not in daylight, or while charging sometimes.

Also, it's not as nicely designed compared to the others. Minor thing, but just an observation.

Thanks to this thread though, I've bought a bunch of pre-made coils, so really looking forward to rebuilding the pods, and keeping this thing fresh. I have 5 pods, so hoping I can keep rebuilding them all and keep a decent flavour selection going to mix things up.

I'm running a 70/30 Salt Nic juice through them (Salty Man vapor) which seems to have no issue wicking with the built-in silica (though the cart needs re-seating sometimes, don't know why).

Anyway, all in, a good experience so far, and this is my current favourite Pod Mod at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread