NY State bans e-cigs on school grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Law Banning E-Cigarettes on School Grounds Signed by Governor

"School yards should be full of the laughter of healthy children, not e-cigarette vapor,” [Rosenthal] said in a statement. "Banning e-cigarette use on school grounds statewide will help reduce e-cigarette use rates among our young people and will protect the health and safety of their growing bodies.”

Law Banning E-Cigarettes on School Grounds Signed by Governor

These fools can't even protect kids from violence, yet here they are conjuring up fantasy worlds populated by innocent babes.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I know back in 2013 and my son's elementary school they banned all parents in the car line or school property smoking with cigarettes or e-cigs. I still vaped in the car with the air on! I mtl so there was nothing to see.
Here both smoking and ecigs are banned from use by anyone anywhere on school grounds. Is it annoying when I go to pick up the hubby from work and I end up sitting in the parking lot waiting for him (for sometimes an hour or longer) yes, but I really do not have a problem with it.

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
I'd like to see the actual bill that was signed to see what's prohibited and the punishment.

In my highschool days I carried cigs into the building everyday. I never smoked on school grounds. Are there going to be metal detectors at the entrances or stop and frisk? In my high school there was never anything like that.

When I was in High School they had a smoking room for the students during the winter and an area outside for good weather.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I'd like to see the actual bill that was signed to see what's prohibited and the punishment.

In my highschool days I carried cigs into the building everyday. I never smoked on school grounds. Are there going to be metal detectors at the entrances or stop and frisk? In my high school there was never anything like that.
My high school had designated smoking areas for students and teachers. Yeah my age is showing LMAO. That was late 70s early 80s.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
When I was in school the "boys" room was the only smoking room.
I think there was a song about that.
Mid 1970s. The smoke wafting from the girls room every time the door opened was just as thick as from the boys room. Teachers had a "lounge" that was even worse.

I guess I'm probably one of the few people here who did not smoke in high school. I only started the summer after my first year in college, where smoking was allowed pretty much everywhere except in classrooms.

Reactions: puffon

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
I graduated high school in 1974. We had a designated smoking area for students (outside only). I smoked there several times a day. Smoking in the rest rooms was forbidden and could get you a paddling and/or 3 day suspension.

Thinking about high school reminds me of the time someone flushed an M80 in the boys room and literally blew the toilet off the wall. Not a very smart thing to do but at the time we thought it was hilarious. I don't think they ever caught the guy either. (And no, it wasn't me...I wasn't that brave or foolhardy in my teens.)

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
If you can show me where vaping by minors is a freedom guaranteed by the Constitution and/or Bill of Rights, I'll be more than happy to retract my first statement.
We don't need any specific Constitutional guarantee of a specific freedom to take back our liberty. That misrepresentation is in fact a treacherous attack, because the purpose of the Constitution is to define what the federal government may do, while leaving the rest to the states or to the people. It is NOT the purpose of the Constitution to list what is permitted to the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread