canvape shipping charges are crazy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
What it is you're looking for? Maybe one of us can help locating it in China for you.

They had an hcigar Hammer for only $4.50.
At that price I was going to use it for spare parts.
Good luck matching that price.
Best I’ve seen is $22

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
At the post office they show you a large card that has a prolly 1 inch by 6 inch slot in it and if your package doesn't slide through the slot your charged parcel rates that start at 12 bucks for a small box. They then measure to see if its small , medium or large package and again charge accordingly. If its over a certain weight for the package class then you get charged more. Its been many, many years since I shipped a parcel through the post office till a couple years ago I sent all my Smok DCT tanks, a couple dozen carto's, couple 18650's in a case, wire and a bunch of jugs of juice to a friend in Ontario from BC and after the gong show of hoops that package came to 20 bucks shipping and it wasn't that big of a box nor heavy.
Now ordering packages from china that come in envelopes, there is such a backlog at the postal sorting facilitys, it starting to take minimum of 3 months to get delivered...pay for epacket it comes a lot faster.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
After all i'm 90% sure it's illegal to export tobaco product too over here (vaping is considered smoking pretty much, and it's illegal to import vape products).

Nope. Not true.

Only eLiquid containing nicotine is illegal to be SHIPPED into Canada. Generally fine in a car or on your person.

All mods, tanks, coils, cotton, wire, PG, VG, flavours, etc. are perfectly legal to import into Canada and I do this almost weekly from China, Europe and the US.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Nope. Not true.

Only eLiquid containing nicotine is illegal to be SHIPPED into Canada. Generally fine in a car or on your person.

All mods, tanks, coils, cotton, wire, PG, VG, flavours, etc. are perfectly legal to import into Canada and I do this almost weekly from China, Europe and the US.
Thanks for clarifying :p i wasen't sure at all i only hear about horror stories from people getting confiscated at customs and stuff

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for clarifying :p i wasen't sure at all i only hear about horror stories from people getting confiscated at customs and stuff
No prob.

Eliquid and nic MIGHT get thru if you are lucky, but if they catch it at customs they will confiscate it. I have flown from the US with 10-15 bottles of eJuice (30 and 120ml bottles) and after telling the customs agent what it was, I was waved thru. Having it shipped to you is the problem and you will eventually get caught and lose your eliquid.

Don't worry about hardware or DIY supplies (excluding nic). Perfectly legal.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I buy lots of stuff from Canvape! 10 bucks shipping 2/3 days delivery max were I live :)
If your in Canada it's a good place to buy from. If your American mite not be?
Their clearance section has some real good deals from time to time :)
If your American why bother with cross boarder shipping , just to save a few bucks?
Seems like a hassle to me, just buy from a US supplier :) Many good deals in the US + cheap & fast shipping :)

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I buy lots of stuff from Canvape! 10 bucks shipping 2/3 days delivery max were I live :)
If your American why bother with cross boarder shipping , just to save a few bucks?
Seems like a hassle to me, just buy from a US supplier :) Many good deals in the US + cheap & fast shipping :)
Not for what I wanted.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Agreed. I almost never buy from local B&Ms or Canadian companies like Canvape. MUCH cheaper almost always to buy from Fasttech or US companies such as VapeNW. Almost all of my vape gear comes across the border.

There have been rare instances where a Canadian retailer blows out products cheaper than anywhere in the US (Dashvapes ships a ton of Nemesis mechs for about $75US and Kayfun Lite Plus tanks for about $60US to the US), but this isn't normally the case.

I guess buying an item in Canada that just can't be had in the US is a last resort, but I would personally buy from China or Europe if I was in the US for cheaper shipping.

Reactions: QcVaper

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Agreed. I almost never buy from local B&Ms or Canadian companies like Canvape. MUCH cheaper almost always to buy from Fasttech or US companies such as VapeNW. Almost all of my vape gear comes across the border.

There have been rare instances where a Canadian retailer blows out products cheaper than anywhere in the US (Dashvapes ships a ton of Nemesis mechs for about $75US and Kayfun Lite Plus tanks for about $60US to the US), but this isn't normally the case.

I guess buying an item in Canada that just can't be had in the US is a last resort, but I would personally buy from China or Europe if I was in the US for cheaper shipping.
Although i agree with ya here i must add that i buy my juice in stores for 1 reason : it's made in my province and i wanna encourage those companies + they are delicious :p Not as cheap but hell if i can help my store stay open a bit more then it's all okay to me.

Reactions: Steamer861

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I use 3 contributing factors to determine where I purchase a product from.....

Cost
Shipping Charges
Shipping Time

Yeah, I know I want it good fast and inexpensive but waiting a month for something to ship is one thing I will never do. Expedited shipping isn't always an option or cost effective.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Ya I'm not big on the 13% tax from Canadian vendors :( I use FT a lot to.
But for batteries & some stuff that I just don't want to wait a few weeks for, it's Canvape for me :)

I'v shipped into the US, stuff I sold on the classifieds & it's near 20 bucks no matter were in the US it's going. Shipping in/from Canada cost more than in the US :(

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Although i agree with ya here i must add that i buy my juice in stores for 1 reason : it's made in my province and i wanna encourage those companies + they are delicious :p Not as cheap but hell if i can help my store stay open a bit more then it's all okay to me.
Nothing wrong with that.

I make my own, but do buy all of my nic, PG/VG and flavours from a small retailer locally. He is a bit more expensive, but he is a good guy and his location is about 100 yards from my inlaws. :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I was going to order some items from canvape.com.
They have very good prices.
When I went to checkout, I found out that they charge a flat $25 for shipping !
That’s crazy !!!

As has been said already, cross border shipping between our countries really varies. I have been quoted $45 for a $10 item from the US. I'm used to it so I'm careful when I order anything.

Canadian shipping to Canadian addresses is $10 minimum and that's generally only if it's not far. Canvape mostly has the best prices in Canada and their local shipping is very competitive. I'm also about a 10 minute drive from a flea market here which they go to on weekends so I can pick up there saving me the shipping cost entirely. It's a pretty good deal for me :)

I believe USPS costs inside the US are more subsidized than they are for Canada Post. The costs are definitely lower and the service is frequently faster. It's just the way it is ... enjoy it :thumb:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Yep, the second it becomes "International" shipping, the prices skyrocket. When I was living in Canada, I was contemplating ordering a dollar part from a company. They used a third party shipping company for international orders and they wanted 50 bucks to ship that one dollar part from the East Coast (US) to Canada. NEWP!

Having said that, it's possible that 25 bucks for shipping is in Canadian dollars. That would put it at around 19.64 USD at today's exchange rate.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada

I had a nice chat with border guards a couple years back so since then and me beginning DIY, not buying commercial juices anymore from both Canada or US. Things might have changed but this is what I was told.
No your not suppose to bring nicotine over the border so if you have a couple personal jugs chances are you can keep them. Bring a load of juice over the border and not declare them or not have a receipt and they catch you...juice gone and fine.
Declare it and its pretty well up to the guard to whether you can keep it, pay duty or confiscate. Have a guard thats had a bad day and chances are you'll have a bad day also or a guard that isn't educated and considers that juice a drug.
Bring large amounts of Nic over the border like gallons and maybe quarts but I'm not sure what is considered large amount in their eyes but get caught smuggling..you walking home, everything else is impounded. Declare the quarts or gallon of Nic and its rolling the dice but I assume they will take it, I doubt the offer to pay duty and probably not a fine cause you didn't try to smuggle so your out the money spent.
I live 6 minutes up from the Idaho border and use to bring juice(4x50=200mls) that was shipped to the parcel depot in Idaho and didn't have problems cause vaping was new to the guards and they more thrilled we quit smoking than the nic in the juices along with being local regular customers of border hopping picking up all sorts of parcels. I pay the extra and buy my Nic in Canada, you may save buying US but the pain of a black mark will affect our border crossing indefinitely.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Yep, the second it becomes "International" shipping, the prices skyrocket. When I was living in Canada, I was contemplating ordering a dollar part from a company. They used a third party shipping company for international orders and they wanted 50 bucks to ship that one dollar part from the East Coast (US) to Canada. NEWP!

Having said that, it's possible that 25 bucks for shipping is in Canadian dollars. That would put it at around 19.64 USD at today's exchange rate.
$25 US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread