GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA

Wow.. Cool..

That made me smile. A couple of weeks ago, I ended up in the hospital emergency. I spent the day in one of those 'monitor' rooms. I needed to vape! So, I was sneaking some puffs under the sheet. The one moment you wish you didn't have your atomizer rigged for clouds? :) I felt like I was a kid, sneaking smokes. Too funny!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello everyone. I hope all is good with everyone.

Just wanted to share my initial findings on the Spheroid V4.
So far, very good. I know I have special needs because of my hands, but so far Im finding this one the easiest to take apart and put together.

Threw on a simple coil and KGD cotton and so far its performing great. I like the airflow and it could not be more simple.

Im hoping it stays doing great and very pleased with it. Of course the quality cant be beat, smooth, gorgeous and what can I say, its GP and its fantastic.

If I have any questions or problems, I will update. I have this uncanny way of doing the first build perfect and then somehow I screw things up on second build. Its the 3rd new coil and build that will usually confirm if its another "favorite"

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
B'coz of its simplicity I bet it will. Congrats ma'am!

Thank you Mr Q, it is super easy, and lovely !!!! Im loving it so far, its only been a little over 3 hours, and I think this is what Ive been needing for a long time.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Threw on a simple coil and KGD cotton and so far its performing great. I like the airflow and it could not be more simple.

I'm so glad that you're enjoying the Spheroid v4. Are you using fluff or fluffless? I've become a lazy vaper and will use the same regulated mod and Spheroid v4 with fluff for an entire week (rewicking every day or so). I like it because it's simple, tastes great, and just works without hassles.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I'm so glad that you're enjoying the Spheroid v4. Are you using fluff or fluffless? I've become a lazy vaper and will use the same regulated mod and Spheroid v4 with fluff for an entire week (rewicking every day or so). I like it because it's simple, tastes great, and just works without hassles.

Im going fluffless :) and loving it a lot. I use NET tobacco and they are expensive and hard to get so for me every drop is gold. Fluff gets full of sediment and starts to taste off, so a lot gets wasted in the fluff.

Ive been enjoying the Spheroid V4 for a day now, and dont know why I kept putting it off for soooo looooong !!!

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Does anyone remember if the Heron v2 single hole topper was okay to use in fluffless builds?

I know the original double port topper was good for that but I find that I prefer a deck tail instead of two upright wicks.

Edit: my two Heron v1s are my workhorses (fluffed build) but I'm thinking about playing with the Heron v2 again.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Does anyone remember if the Heron v2 single hole topper was okay to use in fluffless builds?

I know the original double port topper was good for that but I find that I prefer a deck tail instead of two upright wicks.

Edit: my two Heron v1s are my workhorses (fluffed build) but I'm thinking about playing with the Heron v2 again.

I'm using a regular old cotton wick in my heron v2 right now. Love it!

"I'm squonkin'!" - Clarence Carter

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central

I'm using a V2 with the single hole, as I special ordered one trying to stop the leaking I could not fix with the side holes. It does just tine with 100% cotton. And, in my case, it solved the leaking problem.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

It works better with VG heavy liquids, try it!

Reactions: cliffy15

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I'll give it a go. Unfortunately I pretty much exclusively vape 50/50 mixes...

Almost all I vape is 70 PG / 30 VG. Haven't seen any problems at all. I'm not disputing Perseus at all (the absolute master of all things Vapour Art) but just wanted to throw in my experience. To think that the Heron V2 could be even better than what I've experienced is staggering. I've found a couple other atties lately that I like a lot, but the Heron is like an old friend.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Just out of curiosity, did everyone move to a different forum? I only just now noticed that there was a vapour day on Aug 4 (went to the vapourart.com site) but it doesn't seem like there was any post on the notification forum...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Just out of curiosity, did everyone move to a different forum? I only just now noticed that there was a vapour day on Aug 4 (went to the vapourart.com site) but it doesn't seem like there was any post on the notification forum...

I noticed that too when I recently went to the Vapourart website to browse.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm still here. Nowhere else I want to be. :)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Hey guys, picked up a Piccolo used from a friend with the Gpin for Spheroid V4.

All is working well except a small gap. Do I need a different battery (eFest button top in there)?

Piccoloid.jpg

Or do I need to swap out for one of these?

IMG_20170830_195745.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread