BWB Malty Toffee Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
I just grabbed two 100 ml bottles from The Sauce LA for a total of $20 on a BOGO sale. Caramel Waffle Cappuccino and Vanilla Bean Cream - 80/20 @ 6 nic. They taste like a Starbucks drink. If you want something that is more like that and less like an actual cup of coffee, I recommend both.

What does any of this have to do BWB's Malty Toffee?

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
@Katcandoo - this:

Kinda Malty Toffee (adapted):
6% Caramel Toffee (Hangsen)
9% Cotton Candy (10% EM/Ethyl Maltol) (TPA)
1% Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA)
Flavor total: 16%

...I can't rate it any higher than just OK. I can taste the toffee flavor and it seems very good (my standalone tester of that flavoring is still waiting for me), but I think the high EM is stepping on it with a rather bland cotton-candy effect. Oddly, the mix not very sweet at all. I'll have no trouble finishing the 15mL bottle, but the recipe is not very compelling for me. I'm much more interested in pairing the HS toffee with other things (cake, coffee, nuts, butterscotch, cream/custard and such).

I've tried different flavors, but I've found that the simple recipe of English Toffee and EM is the closest to Malty Toffee. I've experimented with adding sugar cookie, coconut, and vanilla milkshake. Some were good, some were horrid. As I've opined before, the key is the percentages.

I've pretty much got the recipe down pat. I've made at least 240 ml of a Malty Toffee clone.

I found half a 60 ml bottle from BWB from February. Here's my mixture I made yesterday as a comparison. Pretty darn close!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: man00ver

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
Why pm it post it here :)

Nope. Not posting publicly. I spent a lot of time, research, money, and experimenting to come up with this formula. The original mixmaster, Don, from BWB, hasn't revealed his recipe, but he left a lot of clues. I have it to 50/50, but I'm still trying to get it to 30/70.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
Why pm it post it here :)

You're right. I was being a biotch that night. So sorry. :( Here's a screenshot of my formula for 30 ml, using 48 mg nic base of 50/50. Hence my final outcome is 50PG/50VG, or else the formula required a negative PG. Not possible. Sheesh. You live, you learn. I've ordered a nic base with a higher VG, so I can mix to 30 PG/70 VG. But the flavor is very close if not identical. (Although, I often add an extra shot or 2 of English Toffee to suit my taste.) The nic level is 12mg with this formula. :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 85

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
You're right. I was being a biotch that night. So sorry. :( Here's a screenshot of my formula for 30 ml, using 48 mg nic base of 50/50. Hence my final outcome is 50PG/50VG, or else the formula required a negative PG. Not possible. Sheesh. You live, you learn. I've ordered a nic base with a higher VG, so I can mix to 30 PG/70 VG. But the flavor is very close if not identical. (Although, I often add an extra shot or 2 of English Toffee to suit my taste.) The nic level is 12mg with this formula. :)
Nice! What brand of English Toffee are you using for this @Katcandoo?

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
COOL! I have been vaping a recipe with high EM - not perfected and it was purely accident - I was wanting a butterscotch cappuccino and grabbed the wrong 10ml bottle that had TFA Cotton Candy at 10% (9%VG - this was to be an experiment to get a nice, fat CC taste). I made my mix and tasted it - not realizing my mistake - well, long story short I'm still working on that mix but I'm up to 14% EM now.

I know this wasn't about toffee but just excited to know I'm not a freak and love high percent EM. :D

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread