Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Well for another entirely different musical trip back in time ... looky here for $4.50
10140817.jpg

And Tiny Tim gets Top Billing (((shudder))) o_O:eek::confused:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Elvis "1968 Comeback Special" I consider one of the finest performances ever given by any Entertainer .. backed by his Original Sidemen, he truly did reclaim his title as "King" .. he had been out of the public eye for a while, dressed head to toe in black leather, in excellent physical shape and his voice was absolutely powerful, nailing the songs as if it was 1956 ..

In addition, although a Southern Boy, he had absolutely no prejudice in him, period .. the choir for the Special was originally all white, yet, Elvis insisted they bring in the Blossoms and Darlene Love ..

You've probably already read these, however, I recommend anyone that enjoys Music History check out Peter Guralnick's books :: "Last Train to Memphis" and "Careless Love" .. a two book series on Elvis ..

In this show, he ruled his Kingdom .. from "Trouble"/"Guitar Man" to the final chord .. it was and is, truly sublime ..

I was SO THRILLED to watch that comeback special!!!! I had a chance to go to a concert of his when he played at the then Pontiac Silverdome many years later...but I simply couldn't bear to see him in the condition he was in at that time...what a damn FOOL i was!!!!:(

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Well, i guess i'll let the cat outa the bag with this video.....that's me shakin' my booty, but I'm wearing a wig so you probably don't recognize me....

LOL....I don't doubt for a minute you could "shake that thang"....;) but....you've never, ever had that much junk in your trunk.....and no way you could disguise those big baby blue eyes...:D

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I really should be asleep, but...I got side tracked listening to Ukulele...this guy is no Tiny Tim..:D

And with that, I bid you bon nuit...:sleep:

And now you've got me listening to it in the wee hours. Wow!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

OMG! That is the first person and video that popped into my head. ANOTHER huge favorite of mine. The one where he combines 'what a wonderful world' with 'somewhere over the rainbow' is my favorite of the two versions.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
((( yawn / stretch )) popped out of bed about an hour earlier than usual .. slept straight through, not even a bathroom trip :) .. headed to Hardees for a bacon egg and cheese .. drained the first 1/3rd of the coffee out of the pot as it brewed, spoon standing up in the cup industrial strength .. :)

Carls-Jr-Hardees-Mile-High-Biscuit.jpg

black-coffee-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread