Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Finally got mine a couple of days ago after a 58 day fasttech wait.

Nice mod but I see how the battery door might be a problem with use. My Alien door just started going after almost 9 months of heavy use, so if it lasts nearly that long I will be happy.

It is a very heavy mod but ergonomic so it doesn't bug me to carry around. Balanced USB charging would have been a great feature to add, but no biggie.

The mod looks great and seems to work well (haven't tried TC yet). Definately a solid, well built mod. Not expensive either.

Edit: Forgot to add that the fire button is a little rattly which bugs me a bit.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I enjoy TC mode... I haven't used it a lot though and I can't say I have much comparison to say if it's great or awful.... I haven't used TC mode much yet, period.

A note about my silicone sleeve, however, I had a MAJOR leak while trying to coil and wick my first tank, and I thought the majority of it went *outside* the sleeve, and just washed it down on the outside. This morning, early (sheesh, it's always when I wake up, man) when changing some batteries, I noticed that some juice had gone down inside the sleeve.... Had to dismantle everything and the one that's sleeved and in use is the copper mod, and it had a green patina! Had it not been a sticky mess I might have been in favor of it, but no... It was easily wiped off with some rubbing ETOH, and I had to wash down the inside of my black sleeve, which had also turned green/sticky. So those of you using them, be careful with leaks? I guess the good news is nothing got into my battery compartment somehow or down inside the 510 pin (I do wash that every time I change a tank, take one off, etc.) so there's that. :)

Anna

Reactions: cooladdict

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I deceided to not buy the "juice sleeve" and opted for my roll of electrical tape.[emoji106]
37af716d9ea0d70ceb479ba05a40113e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I deceided to not buy the "juice sleeve" and opted for my roll of electrical tape.[emoji106]
37af716d9ea0d70ceb479ba05a40113e.jpg

Be perfect if the mod had USB charging capabilities. Do you just "redress the wound" every time you change batteries?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Yep. And I have ALOT of black electrical tape![emoji6]

That's a real P.I.T.A. but I will have to do this with my Alien soon. Luckily the Alien USB charging isn't half bad.

I picked up a Crown 3 today and it matches very well with my black (silver) Tesla Nano. Great tank so far.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've tried it briefly. I thought I saved my setting, but I did not. I can say I kept it fairly low, IIRC, and I got a lovely, consistent vape out of it. Kind of different feeling, but I've only used it on one RTA, when I normally use coils, so who knows. But it worked. Gotta watch another review on how to save my settings.... Heh. 400F range though, I believe...

Anna

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Have any of ya'll tried TC on the Nano? What settings do you use?

I use TC predominantly on the nano. 316L SS .25-.28 ohm coils at 420-430 F fabulous vape. One of the most rock solid tc vapes I've had. I use single coils and went with a tcr of 135 per Daniel DJlsb recommendation. Spot on [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I had a woefully poor experience with TC on the Innokin Coolfire 4 100 TC model. Silly me, I thought that it was designed for TC. My next mod was the Smok Alien and there are no, to my knowledge, drop in coils for TC on the Big Baby Beast so never tried it on the Alien. I am building up to giving it a try on the Tesla Steampunk but am leery after my experiences. I can make an SS coil for my OBS Engine Nano and will report back once I have done that. I am not in a rush though. Convince me why I should. ;)

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I enjoy TC mode... I haven't used it a lot though and I can't say I have much comparison to say if it's great or awful.... I haven't used TC mode much yet, period.

A note about my silicone sleeve, however, I had a MAJOR leak while trying to coil and wick my first tank, and I thought the majority of it went *outside* the sleeve, and just washed it down on the outside. This morning, early (sheesh, it's always when I wake up, man) when changing some batteries, I noticed that some juice had gone down inside the sleeve.... Had to dismantle everything and the one that's sleeved and in use is the copper mod, and it had a green patina! Had it not been a sticky mess I might have been in favor of it, but no... It was easily wiped off with some rubbing ETOH, and I had to wash down the inside of my black sleeve, which had also turned green/sticky. So those of you using them, be careful with leaks? I guess the good news is nothing got into my battery compartment somehow or down inside the 510 pin (I do wash that every time I change a tank, take one off, etc.) so there's that. :)

Anna
Hey Anna,

I noticed this the other day but didn't have the time to reply. Why not do your coil building and wicking on an atomizer deck like the Coil Master 510 Mini Tab? That way you can test the ohms, fire the coil, wick, and juice it up while it is off the mod, reducing the risk of leaks. Just a thought.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Why not do your coil building and wicking on an atomizer deck like the Coil Master 510 Mini Tab?

I did that, all the way up to not juicing it! It was a nice stable base for me to build on, so that's why I did it that way. But, it's a great idea to go all the way to juicing up my tank and firing it on there, thanks for the tip! :)

Anna

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I did that, all the way up to not juicing it! It was a nice stable base for me to build on, so that's why I did it that way. But, it's a great idea to go all the way to juicing up my tank and firing it on there, thanks for the tip! :)

Anna
I didn't actually mean to fill the tank while it is on the deck. When I said "juice it up" on the deck, I just meant the coil and wick.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
When I said "juice it up" on the deck, I just meant the coil and wick.

LOL, in thinking more about how they're designed, yes, that would not work. But otherwise, great (occasionally ditzy on my part) minds think alike? It's a great stable base for building on, for me, there's just so much pesky stuff to keep track of. :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread