Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I mix in this order but all at one time. I do the VG last because it is the most volume of all the components.

Nicotine
Flavors
PG
VG

Shake/Age (Infuse)/vape

I mix in the same order and I seem to put out a good juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SteveS45

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
In my humble opinion shaking too vigorously or too many times exposes the nicotine to more air than required and will promote degradation.
Well, in mixed juice which isn't usually ment to last long, + you reopen and refils from countless times, then in my view it doesn't matter, but respect your opinion of course.

I feel the same as you with regards to nicbases from sources which I trust have a proper blended base sent to me, in which case I don't even shake or mix it at all afterwards - It doesn't fall out of solution unless 60+C, and I usually buy nicselect nic from vendors who don't dilute themselves but gets big batches of nicbase prediluted and batchtested by alchem themselves(well, outsourced pharma-subcontractor, but regardless), and e.g. in such cases I never shake/mix the base afterwards, only in premixed juices from that base. Well, I wouldn't shake/mix nicbases from most reputable sources anyways, as I think they are blending the product themselves properly.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
In my humble opinion shaking too vigorously or too many times exposes the nicotine to more air than required and will promote degradation.
I started mixing 2 years ago. Mixing can be compared to home cooking. Some people are willing to spend hours in the kitchen if it might produce a "better" result, which usually means more flavorful. I have minimal interest in doing that with food and NO interest doing that with e liquid. I mix once a month, with one flavoring, at 1%. It's an unflavored mix except the 'unflavor' is a flavoring instead of the raw ingredients. I mix with graduated cylinders because I like to use them and have the certainty of how much ingredient is being added. My total time to mix a batch (200 ml) is about 20 minutes. Most of the time is for set up and cleanup. I keep the mix in the frig and give the bottle shake each time I refill my 18 ml bottle. I enjoy my vape. It's a far superior experience to smoking. I never tire of the taste. (I didn't tire of the taste of the single brand of cigarettes I smoked.) Flavor chasing adds time and complexity I can live without. If that's your thing go for it but it's not a necessary part of vaping for the purpose of avoiding cigarettes.

Recently I made a batch of unflavored so I could try some different flavorings at my 1% to see if there is any reason to use another flavor or a variety of flavors. That exercise appears to be a waste of time so far. Many flavorings used at 1% will probably accomplish my purpose but why bother?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape unflavored at least half of any day. At 70pg/30vg there's enough VG to add a slight sweet flavor to the PG portion. I've switched for the most part to mixing mostly unflavored when I DIY and I just mix up several 50ml side batches of my favorite tobaccos while I'm doing to 200ml to 300ml of unflavored.

Between DIY sessions I use the unflavored fuice to mix a new flavor here and there for a trial.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread