New Eleaf pico 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
That's weird. Have no issue at all with SS316L wire. Have you locked the resistance? (Hold fire and plus in TC mode) and what kind of coil are you using? Any type of spaced coil works best for me.

BTW did modify my Pico today, did add a carbon fiber sticker to the plastic part.
89913f19bcb7a62b039a1882e3b39dbd.jpg

samuels

Jul 4, 2016
Smok TFV8 tank with a .40 ohm coil in temp mode but it wouldn't work in temp mode, it would go to wattage.

Unusual that it is happening with the RBA - i don't own that tank but i have the baby beast with the RBA and it works fine, unspaced.

Not sure what the general consensus is these days on initially dry burning the 316L coil but i always do it before i add KGD.

I find this fixes my RBA coils, or normal recoils SS 316L from jumping out of TC mode.

Else you could, depending the wire gauge and resistance, put it in wattage mode from 15-25 watts and vape it like that for 5 mins or so.. let it get back to room temp, unscrew from box mod, go back to TC, screw it back on, lock resistance.

Reactions: Letitia

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I should give the lock resistance another try, I went through the manual and there are so many features included, combinations of button pushes, The Smok makes it so much easier. The Pico 25 is okay once it is set up for a coil though. I had found what resistance coil was in the original and made a coil to that resistance.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
For the heck if it I put the Pico Griffin tank on the Smok, it automatically went to .25 omhs temp mode and worked. The Pico acts funny when I put the Smok .40 ohms on it, it will read .32 ohms then when I go to lock this it displays .25 ohms, if fire is pressed it displays temp protection, preheat temp was reduced and it still displays temp protection. Putting the Griffin tank back in I get the .25 ohm and a bit of playing around I got the preheat back up and it works again.
The Smok seems to take any value but the Pico seems to have limits that it will accept, in an earlier model it was that way with nickel coils I would use with it, couldn't use SS with it.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
When finished testing the Pico I ended up in stealth mode so I had to get the manual to view the display and found I did not do the test right. There is locking and unlocking the adjust buttons (press up and down buttons for 2 sec) and locking and unlocking the resistance (press the fire button and up button for 2 sec). So the above test on the Pico 25 was not done right. There is also M1, M2 and M3 modes I could have tried. I found it easier to just use the Griffin tank and make a coil that could be used in temp mode. One could never remember all the combinations of buttons which is why I like the touch screens. The Pico 25 is a nice small vaporizer the works nicely once set up.

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
It's not that hard though, it's not that many combination you can do. But it would have been easier with settings in the menu like other mods have done and just have does combination like shortcuts.

You can also install Arctic Fox on the Pico 25 if you wanna be able to tweak everything... Haven't tried it yet (not sure if I will since I'm happy with how TC works) but I'm using it on my joyetech cuboid.

There are always some "problem" with most mods on some way, only thing I notice so far is if you flip the screen the charge battery symbol will be upside down. [emoji3]

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
For the heck if it I put the Pico Griffin tank on the Smok, it automatically went to .25 omhs temp mode and worked. The Pico acts funny when I put the Smok .40 ohms on it, it will read .32 ohms then when I go to lock this it displays .25 ohms, if fire is pressed it displays temp protection, preheat temp was reduced and it still displays temp protection. Putting the Griffin tank back in I get the .25 ohm and a bit of playing around I got the preheat back up and it works again.
The Smok seems to take any value but the Pico seems to have limits that it will accept, in an earlier model it was that way with nickel coils I would use with it, couldn't use SS with it.
Did you clear out the resistance of the last coil before putting on the .4 one?
A simple press of the fire button before you screw on the tank will do.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
It seems I just rut the .40 ohm tank on the Pico 25 and it had read .32 ohms, readings are off between units and the coil tester. be nice to know which reading is the correct one.
I haven't tried Artic Fox I'm a bit shy on doing that because I heard people say they lost mods trying to do updates.
I actually like the Pico 25, very nice to see all the updates included in the menu it dose the SS now and holds the 25 mm tanks that I've switched to since using the Smok.

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
Been looking to add to my 4 picos....
Need a mod for 25mm tanks...
Thinking pico 25 and/or Smok AL85.

Comments on the pico plastic sides? Looks 'cheap' and slippery.
Recs on the Smok vs the pico?
Yes it looks cheap and are little bit slippery but if you do like I did and add carbon fiber sticker to it, it will look better and will be more grippy if you get the silver one.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Reactions: capthook

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
Been looking to add to my 4 picos....
Need a mod for 25mm tanks...
Thinking pico 25 and/or Smok AL85.

Comments on the pico plastic sides? Looks 'cheap' and slippery.
Recs on the Smok vs the pico?
Was looking into the same choice not long ago. From what I read the AL85 doesn't have any battery venting besides what can leak out of the USB charging port. Also found posts of people not being happy with the way it handles TC.

Finally decided on the Pico 25 since I have had very good luck with my original Pico, and I'm glad I did. So far I haven't had any problems with it, and it performs very similarly to the original Pico. I have the stainless/black version and it's not slippery at all. The plastic side inserts would probably by slippery if they got any juice on them, but I don't hold it that way. The brushed stainless provides a fairly grippy surface, but I can't speak for the other colors.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I ended up getting a Voopoo vaporizer, it works great in TC mode with the smok tanks I've been using .40 ohm SS Claptons. I haven't gotten back to the Pico 25 for some time but it's still on my to do list. The Pico is nice because it is so small and only takes 1 battery, the Voopoo has 2 batteries is larger but no problems taking the SS coils no matter what the coil resistance is. I'm not familiar with the Al 85 but he Smok G-Priv is touch control and is great, they came out with an updated G-Priv 2 that costs less which I'd go with when I have to much money.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I ended up getting a Voopoo vaporizer, it works great in TC mode with the smok tanks I've been using .40 ohm SS Claptons. I haven't gotten back to the Pico 25 for some time but it's still on my to do list. The Pico is nice because it is so small and only takes 1 battery, the Voopoo has 2 batteries is larger but no problems taking the SS coils no matter what the coil resistance is. I'm not familiar with the Al 85 but he Smok G-Priv is touch control and is great, they came out with an updated G-Priv 2 that costs less which I'd go with when I have to much money.
Love my G-Priv but my minikin V2 is better build quality, touchscreen is finicky but performance is great. If you do firmware update the TC ain't half bad either.
I'm getting the cloud beast soon as the vape quality is great

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Arctic Fox fans, I need some help. I had previously shelved that software because if its persnicketiness but recently (and finally) got it to recognize my Pico 75's and my Pico Dual.

Half of what the tools do is gobbledygook to me. But I like the TC features. What I don't like is that I can't find how to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit on the device's display. The Eleaf firmware switches from C to F by scrolling past the upper or lower limit of the temp range. Arctic Fox doesn't.

Or does it and I'm missing some obscure setting in this arcane thing?

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
Arctic Fox fans, I need some help. I had previously shelved that software because if its persnicketiness but recently (and finally) got it to recognize my Pico 75's and my Pico Dual.

Half of what the tools do is gobbledygook to me. But I like the TC features. What I don't like is that I can't find how to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit on the device's display. The Eleaf firmware switches from C to F by scrolling past the upper or lower limit of the temp range. Arctic Fox doesn't.

Or does it and I'm missing some obscure setting in this arcane thing?
It does switch for me when I go up or down in temp. Think you also can set it when you connect it to computer.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
It does switch for me when I go up or down in temp. Think you also can set it when you connect it to computer.
2017.11.01 16.16.19.png

Pressing the "+" button does nothing, and I can't see an option in NToolBox to switch from C to F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread