I'm new to making juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal_Skye

Aug 16, 2017
I too buy my flavorings from there. It's an easy one stop shop for nic base, flavoring, and if you want, supplies and hardware. I generally shop around for hardware though, but I've been going to them for my supplies as well.

Like others, I also recommend using an ejuice calculator. Rounding off is almost a must. For that reason, I tend to stick with multiples of each other. Here's how I go about MY way of mixing juice, and I will explain why.

First, I bought several 100ml bottles. I have about 10 of them. Then I went to the grocery store and bought some nitrile gloves (Nic base is something I don't play around with), and while I was there I asked for some 10ml needle plungers from the pharmacy (Mine will give them away free). I went to My freedom Smokes and bought the flavors, VG and some PG (if you desire PG). I bought some of their 100mg/ml base. The base is fairly high mixture, but it does make it super easy to measure and do calculations (I will explain in a bit)

Now, most juices take about %5-%15 flavoring... I have experimented a bit and find I like a particular recipe... %10 Capella's vanilla Custard and %1 LorAnnes caramel. When I got my 100ML bottles, I checked exactly where the 100ml mark is by filling the plungers to 10ml with water (X10) and seeing where 100ML stops at. I made a small mark with my tape (if necessary) and that's my level. each % of flavor is 1ml, so I mix 10ml of the custard, and 1ml of the caramel. I use one plunger for each flavor, and wash them afterwards, and stick the plunger and flavoring in a ziplock so I don't cross-flavor myself. For the nic level, I prefer a 6mg/ml. So I put my gloves on, fill another plunger with 6mg of my 100mg/ml nic base, and put that in the mix. In the bottle should be 17mg of flavors and nicotine. I fill the rest up with VG, since I like max VG... Shake VERY well, then done. I shake for about 5 minutes, tossing, turning, spinning in as many directions as possible.. put it down for about 10 minutes, then repeat again (I'm OCD about mixing). Steep as desired.

Because of the 100mg/ml base, and the 100ml bottle, it makes it super easy to mix. Each percentage of flavor is 1ml, each nic level is 1ml, and no calculator needed. I am not OCD about the PG/VG levels, but if I wanted to, I make sure the nic base is all PG, and the flavors are PG if possible. that way, I know that the nic base and flavors are the PG levels.. in the above example, 6mg+1mg+10mg =17mg. if I wanted a 50/50 mix, I would simly add enough PG to = 50mg in the bottle, then fill the rest up with VG. If I simply put VG in after the flavors/nic, then I'd have 17PG/83VG mix.. which is usually what I use.
Sounds like a good plan... I too buy my VG and flavoring from there, but also shop around for hardware.

Reactions: Eskie

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Im getting 15 ml of 24 nic...

heres how I came to that number...

we want 120 ml of juice at 3 nic ( 120X3 = 360 mg nic total)

if your nic base is at 24 nic, divide the 24 into the 360 ( 360/24= 15 ml of 24 nic)

altho you will end up with some extra juice ( non nic flavored)
also, the flavored juice will loose some intensity due to being diluted from the nic base.

Last edited:

Crystal_Skye

Aug 16, 2017
Im getting 15 ml of 24 nic...

heres how I came to that number...

we want 120 ml of juice at 3 nic ( 120X3 = 360 mg nic total)

if your nic base is at 24 nic, divide the 24 into the 360 ( 360/24= 15 ml of 24 nic)

altho you will end up with some extra juice ( non nic flavored)
also, the flavored juice will loose some intensity due to being diluted from the nic base.
That makes more sense to me. I appreciate the help guys, really. As soon as I get my 1 liter bottle of VG, and the new 120ml bottles I ordered, I now know how much to put in the next ones I make.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
That makes more sense to me. I appreciate the help guys, really. As soon as I get my 1 liter bottle of VG, and the new 120ml bottles I ordered, I now know how much to put in the next ones I make.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diyordie-concentrates.html
DIY E-Juice Resources: Over 100+ DIY E-Juice Resources – E Juice Makers
How to get started mixing your own DIY e liquids.
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Holy crap that's confusing! I'm horrible at math, I never actually learned all of that in school lol. I'm just glad someone can do it for me...

Hi Crystal & welcome
Yeh I agree which is why for all such calc's I use one of the mixing calculators like others have suggested. The one I use is found on Eliquid Recipes but there are lots out there and most are fairly obvious how to use. If you have any difficulty with one just come back and ask about it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Most of the juice calculators I've come across are pretty bullet proof. It's a matter of just plugging in the numbers to achieve the expected result... I use an app on my phone as it's much easier to let my phone sit there as I'm counting mls than to try and get my computer situated in my mixing area. I thought it would be much more difficult than it was, but was pleasantly surprised with my results. That said, I kept in mind that I shouldn't expect it to taste perfect without some steeping, and since I use less flavoring and no sweetener, my juices taste.... I'm going to call it refined. :) They have great flavor without being overwhelming.

Good luck on your next mix!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread