Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I am going on a cruise next spring and would like to get a couple of 100-200 watt internal battery mods to take along so I don't have to pack batteries and charger on the trip. I use Power mode only from 40 to 80 watts so need something that can handle a .15 to .3 ohm coil with some decent battery life. I don't normally walk around the ship with my vape and will mostly be vaping in my stateroom or off the balcony.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I am going on a cruise next spring and would like to get a couple of 100-200 watt internal battery mods to take along so I don't have to pack batteries and charger on the trip. I use Power mode only from 40 to 80 watts so need something that can handle a .15 to .3 ohm coil with some decent battery life. I don't normally walk around the ship with my vape and will mostly be vaping in my stateroom or off the balcony.
Karen!!!!!!!!!!
Where ya been woman?????
Good to see ya :)

Reactions: Tonee N

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
93a00625a87ac1a3499c3b8bf5c3c78d.jpg
Have ya seen this one?
Stentorian AT-7 Box MOD

Reactions: Tonee N

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
Thanks Shawn I'll look into those. I was also looking at Smok G150. I'll have to check some reviews.

I have had the G150 for about 3 weeks now and, while it's nice, I would be reluctant to take it on such a trip.

1. Unreliability. I've noticed several issues that give me pause about the reliability and even safety of this device. Number one is charging. Sometimes it stops charging before its fully charged. It has definitely fried one of my usb wall plugs as well. Sometimes it seems to take a lot longer than it should to get fully charged. I definitely do not trust to charge it unattended . plus it could burn out my charger . .that would make me worry about taking it on an extended trip.

I also don't trust the resistance reader. Just last night, I removed the tank to fill it . .put it back on and got the "new coil" prompt . .but the coil resistance was way off. So I did it a few times .. screwed the tank on and off to see what G150 said the resistance was . .it was a .3 coil but I got a different reading every time ranging from .3 to .48.

Otherwise I really like it . .so these issues are kind of a bummer. It has a lot of power, fits good in the hand even though it's too heavy to pocket. I don't know if mine might be defective but I definitely would not purchase one right before a trip . .at the very least I'd want several weeks with it first to make sure everything is in order.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks for the info Bosco, I definitely don't want to cause a Carnival Triumph like incident on the high seas:eek: That just gives a whole new meaning to Poop Deck:lol: My plan is to purchase the devices in January for our cruise in April so I should have plenty of time to determine reliability on whatever I choose. I don't trust any device or battery to charge safely in my absence so my plan is to charge them in the evening while we are in the cabin since we are not exactly the life of the party on the ship :blush: I'll keep looking and reading reviews. I like the new Aegis and that would be a good one to carry while in port at the beach and I like the Tesla Steampunk Mini and the IPV Vesta (I am a fan of the YIHI boards). I may just get what I like and drag along the charger:)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
So, one I have decided on for sure is the Smoant Battlestar, it's been out for awhile with good reviews and seem to hold up well with no chip or 510 issues reported so far. The plus side is balanced onboard charging via USB, plus pass through capable, so no need for a charger. It might also replace my now broken Aliens as my daily driver so I can leave the big boys at home. If my new I Joy Captain holds up well after a few months, it may also be a contender. Internal charging thru USB so the best of both worlds with these two. I am also contemplating the Charon TC218. I'll keep an eye on the reviews.

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
You're on a search for the perfect mod, DNA devices are (imo) the closest thing you're going to find. Pick on up for your cruise and you'll find yourself abandoning all other mods.
You may be right, after disassembling these cheap mods, I may end up in the market for something more durable and dependable.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I'm not saying one HAS to spend a lot to get a good vape. But I've been through a lot of gear and nothing has held up and performed as well as my Dna mods.
Yes after parting and piecing 3 different mods this morning just to get one working. I decided that it would be good to get a decent box mod with a good chip. I like the YIHI chips but may eventually get something with a DNA evolve chip, but the chip is usually not my problem, it's the cheap 510 connections and the even cheaper and flimsier plastic bodies. So I will eventually get a better mod but the cheaper ones serve the purpose of no big deal if they get lost or dropped, especially on a cruise ship :)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
A nice built in battery device I own that might interest you is the eLeaf Astrer RT22. Nice Sub Ohm TC MOD.

View attachment 680457
Thanks Steve but I am really not a fan of Eleaf/Joyetech products. I know a lot of people use them, but they have never held up for me. Nice looking mod though :)

Reactions: SteveS45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread