Jul 27, 2017
Hi, so I have been working on a recipe I found on the web:

French Vanilla (CAP) 3 %
New York Cheesecake (CAP) 3 %
Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP) 4%

Strength: 2,3 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 20/80
Flavor total: 5 ml / 5g (10%)

The custard notes are really great but i want it more sweet in a caramelised way. I have tried adding 1% fa caramel but it doesn't add that sweet caramelised feel to it like these juices:

Liquid state apple butter
Fryd fried Oreo
Epicus gold standard vanilla custard

I am trying to get that thick sweet caramel note that is present in those except apple butter it has the caramelised apple, although it would be nice to know how to achieve that to.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I would look at subbing Inawera's Creme Brulee, for the CAP Vanilla Custard. It will provide that burnt sugar/caramel flavor; and maintain a rich and thick eggy mouthfeel. It won't add a lot of "sweet" by itself, so you may need to add a touch of sweetener as well (if sweet is what you are missing).

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
FA's Caramel is probably the least sweet Caramel I've got, which is not to say it's bad. Actually, to get to what you describe, I'd go with FW Natural Butterscotch at 2-3% (Natural, not the regular FW Butterscotch). I know it sounds weird, but this butterscotch has very thick, caramel-esque burnt sugar notes, and it's sweet. It also combines really well with the NYC and VC.

I also like @IDJoel 's suggestion.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks guys for all the great tips, I'll try out your sugestions. What kind of sweetner should I get? At the moment I only have ethyl malthol.
You can use sucrose liquid form but I never like the taste of those if you use something like the Dulce de leche or caramel candy then you can just use the ethyl maltol or cotton candy. Look up the flavor description on The Perfume Apprentice site and it will tell you which of the caramels is already sweet. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread