This poll is for former smokers who quit with the help of e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
For vapers who’ve quit smoking: Was your attempt using e-cigarette products effective for smoking cessation?
Yes, after 50+ years of smoking. Knew vaping was going to fill my mental and physical requirements to attempt cessation. Easy choice,vaping is far superior than smoking.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
The first time I tried vaping, in 2012, I was unsuccessful. I think it was the lack of good gear because almost 1 year ago I started vaping and except for 2 drags off of a cig last October (tasted awful!), I haven't smoked at all! I can't say enough about how much I love vaping and how much my health has improved in the last year.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
For vapers who’ve quit smoking: Was your attempt using e-cigarette products effective for smoking cessation?
Yes but to be honest I couldn't afford to buy cigarettes anymore because of an injury and I didn't have AFLaaK. So I didn't have much of a choice. I spent a little money on some crap proprietary cig-likes until I found this place and learned the difference between crappy ecig money grabs and quality setups that used 510 threads and the protank. The first setup I bought used a "special" threading and cartomizers that they filled with their crap juice and no way to fill your own with your own juice. Their filled cartomizers were so high priced that it would have been cheaper to keep smoking a pack and a half a day. Original protank and learning to mix my own, was my saving grace. Oh the answer to the original question is- YES thanks to the members on ECF sharing their collective knowledge

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I guess if going from two and a half packs a day to being a non smoker, now over four years strong, is anything but anecdotal, then yes, but I wasn't really looking to quit. I tried ecigs as a curiosity and to appease my wife who suggested them, quitting smoking was quite accidental in my case, a lucky accident, but not planned nonetheless.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I really had no clue about vaping until I saw a coworker vaping on a cheapie vape pen on break three years ago. He got me started. I was skeptical and promised myself, no pressure, I'll smoke when ever I feel like it. Six weeks of dual using later I wasn't a smoker any more. A month after that I got a brother started vaping. He was a dual user for 10 months and finally stopped smoking. Without ecigs there's no question both of us would still be smoking, assuming we kept on living.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I started smoking at 8yrs old. Tried to quit so many times using guaranteed methods to quit. Nothing worked until vaping entered my life. I smoked 46yrs. I am now 54 and have been cigarette free over 2yrs. My answer is yes, vaping had everything to do with my success at smoking cessation.

I never touched a cigarette again when I bought my first vape setup back in 2015 (istick 30 w Kanger Aerotank and cowboy (local vape shop houseblend) 18 nic I now vape at 3 nic

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Absolutely!

2 PAD for 37 years. Felt helpless. Thought I would die a horrible death from emphesyma.

Then started vaping. Last cigarette was on Feb. 27, 2011, 6 1/2 years ago!

• Winner
Reactions: ENAUD

KC1BLE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Concord
I started vaping to help me cut down on my20 year+ 2+ PAD habit. I figured if I could cut it in half I would be happy, but much to my surprise, within the first week I just never picked up another cig. Its been like 3 years now and I couldn't be happier, hardly pick up my vape now either finally.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Yep. Effective.
Haven't smoked in over 7 years.
I paralleled for a bit making sure the hardware worked, finished off the last pack and didn't buy any more. There was some minor withdrawal (for me) from all the OTHER chemicals in cigs, but you push through it and it goes away rapidly and you still have the nic and the vape. I also DIY'ed my juice flavors so I had something to obsess over during the switch. Soon, my taste-buds recovered and sense of smell, and the air was clean and my clothes didn't stink anymore.

And that was with the OLD style hardware (510's and then eGo style, and mostly dripping...those old atomizers didn't wick for crap)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Posted here in Nov. 2014 and 3 years later am still going strong......including the little dance bit getting the morning cuppa. :laugh:
{{{{{choochoogranny}}}}}

Long time, no see! Come over to the Old Folks threads. People were asking about you and missing you over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread