Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
still could use a bit more of that summer till well done here in germany. just had a huge storm passing thru and it feels like fall.

either way, TGIF (or is it, have lost track) - finally time for some brews, watching tv and feeling dumb.

since my mind can't do nothing I started to browse the internetz trying to figure out what the IRS will expect from me (in April). Since I'll spend more than 6 months in Germany this year, se germans will want that tax from me. however the IRS expects a fully fledged 1040 and stuff, just to relief me from tax altogether since I paid it all in Germany. (which I can prove through "FEIA" in form "2555" - them ppl say :blink:)
That self-employed tax (or FICA or social security/medicare tax) is what's causing me a headache. It obviously is not covered by a tax treaty that exists between Germany and the US, but might be covered by some sort of social security treaty....don't wanna pay another 15% of my income to that. I'ld love to pay all my taxes in the US (and none in Germany), but as it seems I cannot do that yet.
(and I haven't even started on what to do with state and local tax :/)

Well, anyway...hope y'all have a beautiful weekend

(and safe travels, Robin)

Just thought of Chakster today myself. Cleaned up my desktop and found the invoices from his battery orders again. Filed them for good. Miss him ...

Okay, I won't rant about that self-employment tax. But I want to. :-x

I do love Nevada for one big reason - among many others - no state or local income tax!

Also, no annual vehicle inspection. Emissions test and some hefty registration fees and that's it.

Good luck figuring out what them ppl say. It's not easy and it keeps changing. The bite is big. But then, so are the benefits. :)

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
I made it to Daytona. Was a little touch and go there at the end as they cancelled my connecting flight and rolled everyone over to the later one, but I'm here.

Aunt Ida moved to hospice this afternoon so I'll be seeing her there in the morning. I'm glad i was able to make it. My cousin is very sad and I'm glad to be here and give her a hug and help her.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
It sounds like you need a tax attorney to do your taxes for you! Good luck getting it all figured out!

Thanks!
Yes, most likely. Or a CPA or sth like that. At least for that first year until I have it all figured out. But I still want to roughly know what I owe and at least understand a bit why :)

Okay, I won't rant about that self-employment tax. But I want to. :-x

I do love Nevada for one big reason - among many others - no state or local income tax!

By what I've read, give me a couple of months and I'm right with you ranting ....

Ohio is going to want money I fear. The "vehicle inspection" I witnessed when I got my license was ok though - one quick walk around the car and done :D

PS: Good morning, BK :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks!
Yes, most likely. Or a CPA or sth like that. At least for that first year until I have it all figured out. But I still want to roughly know what I owe and at least understand a bit why :)

By what I've read, give me a couple of months and I'm right with you ranting ....

Ohio is going to want money I fear. The "vehicle inspection" I witnessed when I got my license was ok though - one quick walk around the car and done :D

PS: Good morning, BK :)

I used to always hire a CPA for my taxes, never did them myself.. (doing them myself is a reasonably recent thing) and if you want them to fully explain what's going on with your taxes, they will.

Just don't hire those shopping mall tax preparation people, get a good one. Your paying them, they will explain everything to you to your satisfaction. :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
welllppp... my AC has a hole in the condensor... must have picked up a rock.. the "real" part ( condensor) is 790$ and in stock o_O... aftermarket is 156$... guess which one I got :rolleyes: ... and its gonna take 3 days to get it too... gonna be a warm 3 days of driving... now I get to watch several UToob videos to see whats involved in the replacement...

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
IMG_0040.JPG

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARY!!! World's Best Chef and Ultra Cool Guy! @retic1959 - Hope you have a great day and a chance to celebrate and enjoy yourself.

:bday: :party:

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
welllppp... my AC has a hole in the condensor... must have picked up a rock.. the "real" part ( condensor) is 790$ and in stock o_O... aftermarket is 156$... guess which one I got :rolleyes: ... and its gonna take 3 days to get it too... gonna be a warm 3 days of driving... now I get to watch several UToob videos to see whats involved in the replacement...

I hated to "like" that post, but I do like that you're tenacious enough to tackle that job yourself. I hate working on modern cars.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon... Well the shower is fixed after 6 hours.(measure 6 times install once) Any way the guy said I owed him $20.. I gave him $80. Yes I helped and paid for parts but it was worth it. Now I'm going to cut the grass and then try to put new door hinge pins in the driver door of my pick up. That should be fun.. NOT!.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

Users who are viewing this thread