Phix - does anyone have long term experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraGR

Aug 19, 2017
I'm looking into the Phix as a possible replacement for my Bo One. Does anyone have long term experience with this pod system and know how it measures up against the Bo One?

My main concerns are:

- longevity of the battery:
Not so much per day, bc I can buy multiple ones and rotate through them during the day, but more in terms of will it break down within a few months.

- durability and consistency of the pods:
Read elsewhere on ECF that another member experienced problems in this area and woul like to know if he/she was the only one or that this is a common problem.

- the 5% nicotine by weight:
Is that still allowed in the EU? Don't want to get this system if the pods are discontinued shortly afterwards or my order gets stuck in customs.

Thx guys!

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I am a big fan of the Phix and have been using it since it was released. It is still my favorite pod mod. Pluses are that it is consistent, nearly silent, discrete, good flavor, and satisfying with their high nic pods. I have had no issue with any pod, and I've gone through 4 packs of the v1 pods with the plastic chimney, newer pods have metal chimneys. Tobacco and butterscotch are good flavors. Hard strawberry is meh at best, but the mint flavors taste like a mixture of soap and mouthwash. They are easily refillable once you get the cap off, and I have found the pods to be easily reusable for a dozen or more refills. I actually still refill the original pods that came with the device. I have not had a problem with any of the 3 batteries that I have.

Downside is that the batteries don't last long between charges. I find a noticeable dropoff in power after an hour of constant vaping, a half day of occasional vaping. I need to recharge at least 10 times to get through a pod, but all 3 still work. I've also found the charging cable to have inconsistent connection on one of my 3 cables. The price is a bit more than other systems, but I find it does what I need it to do.

Reactions: BarbaraGR

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    EU pods are 18mg/ml.

Its not a bad little device, draw is tighter than the BO, smoother vape quality.

Flavours are decent, the strawberry and butterscotch are popular. They recently updated the pods to give a better hit, stop leaking and spitback.

Pods last forever, if your getting 1 day out of a BO pod, this will last you 2x as long, if not more.

Reactions: BarbaraGR
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread