First full blown DIY juice batches today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Been re-mixing commercial juice for over a month, buying higher Nic mixing down to target Nic around 30pg/70vg. Just purchased a gal of PG for that. Full DIY supplies arrived Friday.

6x10ml mixed and steeping: 3 x tobacco's, french vanilla, butterscotch and free e-flavor sample white chocolate. Went ahead and put in the Nic since all will be used in some form or another mixed to come up with a couple blends I'll do all the time. I know I'll need more tobacco juice against those 30ml other flavors but will mix it after have a better idea of which/how much each tobacco. Oh got the flavors from NicVape since a couple of their commercial mixed tobacco's I like.

I'll likely test vape them way early in 4 days since I'll likely have some time Thursday afternoon. I may or may not be able to wait until at least next weekend and weekend after next wound be better I know! But but but I doubt I'll wait a couple weeks, I know me! Even though I have plenty commercial juice on hand to last me a couple months plus lol. So maybe just maybe I'll be patient....good luck with that.:lol:

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Your mixing commercial ejuice together that your buying online? Trying to understand what it is your doing. I'm confused. :)
I WAS mixing commercial juices, trying to make some I didn't like so much vapable trying a couple dozen different tobacco juices this first couple months. Then about a month ago found I needed to get the VG down so was buying a higher Nic of one I knew I liked and diluting with PG, which happens to be working well.

Today mixed 6x10ml from scratch...

Reactions: Bonskibon

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I WAS mixing commercial juices, trying to make some I didn't like so much vapable trying a couple dozen different tobacco juices this first couple months. Then about a month ago found I needed to get the VG down so was buying a higher Nic of one I knew I liked and diluting with PG, which happens to be working well.

Ok, glad you found something that's working. :)

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

10ml test batches are a smart move. I do my test batches in 30ml needle tip bottles, but I only mix 15ml to leave plenty of shaking room.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'll likely test vape them way early in 4 days since I'll likely have some time Thursday afternoon. I may or may not be able to wait until at least next weekend and weekend after next wound be better I know! But but but I doubt I'll wait a couple weeks, I know me! Even though I have plenty commercial juice on hand to last me a couple months plus lol. So maybe just maybe I'll be patient....good luck with that.:lol:

I to am confused with what your doing. Are you modifying already commercially made juice to change it's base component makeup or starting from scratch with flavoring, PG, VG and NIC. If your modifying already mixed juices then they are likely already steeped or partially steeped so waiting for those juices to mature is most likely unnecessary or at most only need 2 or so days to mature because seed steeping would be applied here in this case.

On the other hand if your making juice from scratch then with any mix that needs to be steeped you should sample them right after mixing so you have a baseline to judge it's steeping progress and sample every 5 or so days afterward to see how there progressing.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I think what @Mike McVape is doing is diluting commercial juice to cut down stronger flavors. I have been doing that myself for a while now. one flavor mixed 50/50 with unflavored.

BTW, Mike, I have been using the small baby beast for trying my mixes. That gives more trial time for tasting, but doesn't take long to burn through the tank. If it's good, fill up one of the many Big Baby's you've accumulated! :D :vapor:

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thought I'd already clarified, not that it matters. As the title states "first full blown DIY batches". Full blown = fully DIY not remixes.

As stated earlier HAD been, as in past tense, mixing lesser liked commercial tobacco juices coming up with something usable then later taking a known good single commercial juice and lowering it's vg content with straight pg, first buying higher nic level. Currently vaping 30PG/70VG.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread