Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
Yes, I know. I guess I'm clumsy :(

OK I have my Eleaf Pico. I usually use 1.5 ohm coils. I also have a half dozen .15 coils. Can anyone recommend wattage, temp, or other settings I need for these? Looks like I have the choice of wattage or temp. Just stick it on 20w and forget the other settings?

The eleaf site says:
What items are included in the GS Air series heads? A:GS Air series: GS Air pure cotton 0.75ohm head (8-25W), GS Air pure cotton 1.2ohm head (8-30W), GS Air TC head (Ni, 0.15ohm), GS Air head (1.5ohm,8-20W).

By the way, the newest firmware (1.03) has a puff counter (which I wanted).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bea-FL

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Yes, I know. I guess I'm clumsy :(

OK I have my Eleaf Pico. I usually use 1.5 ohm coils. I also have a half dozen .15 coils. Can anyone recommend wattage, temp, or other settings I need for these? Looks like I have the choice of wattage or temp. Just stick it on 20w and forget the other settings?

The eleaf site says:
What items are included in the GS Air series heads? A:GS Air series: GS Air pure cotton 0.75ohm head (8-25W), GS Air pure cotton 1.2ohm head (8-30W), GS Air TC head (Ni, 0.15ohm), GS Air head (1.5ohm,8-20W).

By the way, the newest firmware (1.03) has a puff counter (which I wanted).
The Ni coils should only be used in Ni Temp Control mode. I wouldn't use them in regular power (watts) mode.

I don't own a Pico, so others will have to chime in on specific tc settings.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
In fact... <sigh>

Just an hour ago I dropped my iS 40 and a GS onto concrete from about 4'.

Separated into two pieces, the tank and coil part And the air adjust section.

Squeezed them back together with some heavy duty pliers.

No runs, no drips, no errors. Takes a lickin' and keeps on vapin'
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
May I suggest a lanyard? ;)

istick-leather-carry-pouch-bag-carring-box.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
In fact... <sigh>

Just an hour ago I dropped my iS 40 and a GS onto concrete from about 4'.

Separated into two pieces, the tank and coil part And the air adjust section.

Squeezed them back together with some heavy duty pliers.

No runs, no drips, no errors. Takes a lickin' and keeps on vapin'
Bruce in Ocala, Fl
I have done the same thing a couple of times. The two parts go back together pretty well with pliers or a hammer.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
So I installed the arctic fox firmware on my pico 75 and it gives a ton more options! I'm using it now with the .15 ohm coils in my gs-tank. Works great. But I wonder, I have it set for 40 watts and 550 degrees f. Apparently that is ok per the eleaf page. Still seems to vape a little weak. Any thoughts?

GS Air TC Head 0.15ohm (5pcs)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
So I installed the arctic fox firmware on my pico 75 and it gives a ton more options! I'm using it now with the .15 ohm coils in my gs-tank. Works great. But I wonder, I have it set for 40 watts and 550 degrees f. Apparently that is ok per the eleaf page. Still seems to vape a little weak. Any thoughts?

You might want to post in the tootle puffers thread about the wattage and degrees because I think 550 degrees is way over what is considered safe. I believe it is suggested by those in the know not to exceed 400-ish. But I'm not totally sure so hopefully someone who knows will help you.

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan

You need to increase the wattage or setup preheat at 60-70 watts for around 0.5 seconds. You can find how to do that by Googling. I forgot as it's been some time I used those coils. Also, decrease the temp before doing that and then slowly increase it to suit your needs.
What might be happening is that your wattage is low and the temp never hits the 550F. The method above will remedy that.
To reiterate, Never use TC coils in wattage mode. Use the suitable TC mode.

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
I got a question of my own too :D

Those who are rebuilding the 1.5ohm gs air coils, what do you use in place of the fabric that's wrapped around the coil? Does gauze work well?

I've been away from vaping for a while and now rebuilt a coil at 1.0ohm and I find the wicking too slow with 60% VG. I'm using an istick basic with gs air 2.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
I haven't rebuilt a GS Air coil in awhile because I mostly use Ego One compatible CLR coils. They are much easier to work with.

I used SS mesh the last time. Here is a link to a blog entry by Cheechako that shows how to do it. Recoiling The GS Air | E-Cigarette Forum I used 200 mesh instead of the tighter weaves because I vape higher VG juice. I get it from here $2.11 Authentic Clrane 316 Stainless Steel Mesh for E-Cigarette (5-Pack) - 200 mesh number at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Thanks for the links man. I'll give it a go.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
You need to increase the wattage or setup preheat at 60-70 watts for around 0.5 seconds. You can find how to do that by Googling. I forgot as it's been some time I used those coils. Also, decrease the temp before doing that and then slowly increase it to suit your needs.
What might be happening is that your wattage is low and the temp never hits the 550F. The method above will remedy that.
To reiterate, Never use TC coils in wattage mode. Use the suitable TC mode.

I am running in TC mode, and it seems that the coil is heating too much/too quickly. It hits 550 right away and goes into protected mode. I lowered it to 20 watts but this is still happening. Vapes ok though so not too worried about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread