Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
That's right, Massive failure has occurred over the last week in 4 of my mods. First both of my Aliens went belly up and forced me back to using my favorite IPV5s which then proceeded to have power button failures. Luckily my new I Joy Captain had arrived in the mail, so I was not forced to resort to more archaic times with some of my single battery 50 watt devices, or the clunky XCube II.
While I research new Mods to replace the Aliens, I am determined to try and fix some of the broken ones, so out comes my box of broken mods. For most its a 510 issue, both of my Reuleauxs and an eleaf Pico developed a case of low atomizer or atomizer short and I have been unsuccessful in simply raising the center-pin as I used to do on my Innokins. I decide to start with the simplest issues 1st, fixing the buttons on the IPV5s
So I open up the IPVs and clean the buttons without success, still soft and no click. The Aliens have good clicky buttons and no hopes of resuscitation. Easy fix, I swap out the buttons. That works for one but not the other. But at least I have one decent mod working again and I learned a lot about these mods too.
After perusing the interiors of the IPVs and the Aliens and 1 of the Reuleauxs, I can say for the most part that I am disappointed in some of the construction of these mods, with the Aliens being the worst, with the plastic body and a cheap and shoddy 510 connector. There is also some stiff plastic sheeting attached at the top of the battery sled that can affect the batteries making a connection. The Reuleauxs are the hardest to disassemble, so I am still working on those.
In my search for better devices I am going to stick with metal boxes, side load battery doors and hopefully a decent chip and 510. The IPV5s would of met all of this criteria if the buttons hadn't failed. The Captain, I have only had a couple of days and has the bottom battery door so I am reserving judgment on it.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Do your tanks have adjustable 510 pins? Just curious.
The Smoant Charon is a great overall device you might look into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Yes and the Charon is next on my list. It seems to be a well thought out device. Right now I am pulling any usable parts from the non working mods and disposing of their dead bodies

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Yes and the Charon is next on my list. It seems to be a well thought out device. Right now I am pulling any usable parts from the non working mods and disposing of their dead bodies
Or I should say My RDTAs have adjustable 510 pins, but my TFV tanks do not and those are what I carry to work. I just ordered a Battlestar for my pocket friendly work mod as I rarely see anything bad reported on those

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I gave my Smoant Charon to my oldest son, he loves it.
I've been using the Tesla Nano for months without any problems, its the only regulated mod I use. The only downside for most users is it doesn't offer USB charging. However, the on/off switch is the best feature on this mod.
IMG_20170815_204514_883.JPG

Running 316SS coils on it
IMG_20170819_102106_303.JPG

IMG_20170819_102214_726.JPG

My sweaty hands and wedding band are hell on a mod :)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Was your Charon the adjustable or the TC version? I like them, I may get both even though I don't do TC. I like the looks of the Tesla but heard of the bottom door problem and decided against it.
Your settings are about the same as mine. I see you like it hard:pervy: Your vape setting I mean:lol: That's usually where I'm set and between 50 to 75 watts depending on the coil,

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Was your Charon the adjustable or the TC version? I like them, I may get both even though I don't do TC. I like the looks of the Tesla but heard of the bottom door problem and decided against it.
Your settings are about the same as mine. I see you like it hard:pervy: Your vape setting I mean:lol: That's usually where I'm set and between 50 to 75 watts depending on the coil,
The TC version, I could detect a slight lag, nobody else can lol.
I haven't had any issues with the door on my Nano, its pressure sensitive, so with no batteries its loose, with batteries it stays closed.

Reactions: stols001

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I keep hearing good things about the funky 160w mod at vape wild.
Cheap resin mod for 50 bucks, and $10 different color panels.
I hear the chip etc isn't the best but as a beater that looks pretty good and is decent it is a potential on my list.
I mention it because you don't use tc so.......

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I keep hearing good things about the funky 160w mod at vape wild.
Cheap resin mod for 50 bucks, and $10 different color panels.
I hear the chip etc isn't the best but as a beater that looks pretty good and is decent it is a potential on my list.
I mention it because you don't use tc so.......
Thanks redneck, I'll head over and take a looksee :)

Reactions: Kprthevapr

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just FYI Smoant has a new Charon coming very soon. It's a touchscreen 218 watt that looks great. Also I have the Battlestar and your gonna love it it's my adv and I have no complaints. I use it in TC and it performs excellent. From a $40 or under mod it's the best thing going, no doubt.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks Madstabber, I have heard nothing but good things about the Battlestar. I ordered the Charon 218 today, I did see the Touchscreen version was coming out but I don't really care for the touchscreen, it may be nice for someone who uses TC but I don't so simpler is better. Hopefully my Battlestar will arrive tomorrow if this Hurricane doesn't throw the mail off:cry:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Man I remember dealing with the struggles of Chinese crap mods till I decided to stop spending $90/3 months and spent $180 once and bought a mod that actually has a warranty and a support staff. Dna or yihi chips forever.
Yes I do like the Yihi chips and I have a couple of the IPV5s. I just can't justify spending a lot of money on a mod that may fall out of my pocket or get misplaced. I can buy a few different ones for the price of one of those and I enjoy trying out the different mods, but hey, some women collect purses :)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Darn Hurricane Harvey and all the flooding here. It looks like my vape mail, that was due on Monday, won't be able to be delivered until Thursday or Friday next week. 3 mods, 3 Tanks and some batteries from 3 different vendors and all of my tracking updates say this:
PROCESSING EXCEPTION REG WEATHER DELAY

Aug-26-17, 22:23 PM, COPPELL, TX 75099

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Aug-26-17, 22:08 PM, COPPELL, TX 75099

PROCESSING EXCEPTION REG WEATHER DELAY

Aug-26-17, 21:08 PM, FORT WORTH, TX 76102

Guess I will just have to entertain myself with making coils and DIYing some new ejuice recipes as I am flooded in:( Tropical Storm Harvey now, but looks like we will be feeling the effects through Wednesday at least. Stay safe fellow Texans, looks like we poked the bear:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread