Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I also got a quick lesson on "tobacco Additive"(TA)...Powerful Jungle juice It Is...Yikes...I put a few tiny drops in a pre-mix (15ml) I thought was rather bland and even that has a distinct Ash/Smoke flavor...If you're new like me and try TA I'd go easy...What I put in was well under 1%...
If you find this (or any concentrate) too potent to work with "as is"; consider diluting a small amount with your preferred base (PG or VG). Take 1mL of the concentrate, and add 9mL of base, and you will end up with a 10% dilution of your original. It makes it much easier to add small amounts in a controlled manner.:D

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Mixes of the following flavors.

Double RY4.....Like this as a standalone mixed around 8%. Also like it with small amounts graham cracker, marshmallow and vanilla. Also good with blueberry extra and vanilla. Usually needs a good two weeks of steeping to taste the best.

Black Honey tobacco. This is really not good when mixed and tastes like a mixture of honey, cloves and perfumes. Takes at least 6 to 8 weeks before it settles down and is good.

Western TFA just got some and haven't yet tried. Was considering trying alone, with Double RY4 and also with some fruit flavors.

What would be a good mix between the Western and Double RY4? 50/50 or some other combo?

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Mixes of the following flavors.

Double RY4.....Like this as a standalone mixed around 8%. Also like it with small amounts graham cracker, marshmallow and vanilla. Also good with blueberry extra and vanilla. Usually needs a good two weeks of steeping to taste the best.

Black Honey Tobacco. This is really not good when mixed and tastes like a mixture of honey, cloves and perfumes. Takes at least 6 to 8 weeks before it settles down and is good.

Western TFA just got some and haven't yet tried. Was considering trying alone, with Double RY4 and also with some fruit flavors.

What would be a good mix between the Western and Double RY4? 50/50 or some other combo?
Western is pretty pungent stuff. I'd go more like 60/40. Also, a little TFA Caramel Original really helps out the RY4 Double in mixes.

Example of Western combined with RY4 Double. For me an occasional tank or two is great, but if I vape it longer than that it gets cloying.

Capone (Supposed Villain Vapors Clone) Credit: DCM8
All TFA
Caramel Original 3%
RY4 Double 4%
VBIC 8%
Western 3%

People seem to think this is close to Space Jam Eclipse:
Something like...
TFA Western 10%
a Vanilla Custard 10%
a marshmallow or sweet cream 3-5%

Really high flavor ratios. I like Eclipse, and played around with variations of this (that's why I bought the Western), but Eclipse has this certain full, almost heavy creaminess that I couldn't get right. TFA Sweet Cream made a cheesy mess out of my first try. CAP Sweet Cream seemed to do nothing. The best one I came out with was Western 6%, CAP VC1 8%, TFA Marshmallow 3%, but still not really close to Eclipse (the elusive creaminess, the Western part was right), and it took way too long to steep, like...months. :) I think there's more than just VC in Eclipse, like Vanillin or French Vanilla Cream or maybe I'm way off.

But I digress. Have fun with the Western, then come back and tell me how to use it. :)

EDIT:
@Trigster welcome to the forum. I left tobacco flavors long ago much like Gratch it just kept me from making a clean break. I've been mixing for my nephew and he likes tobacco. More of a an Eclipse clone

Western TFA 4%
Vanilla Custerd Cap 2%
Marshmallow 1%

IMHO Western once you figure out your percentage for your setup is a close Red Cowboy Killer

I should really try harder to read the entire thread before responding. Sorry about the duplicate info.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Great thread, glad to hear there are so many tobacco enthusiasts.

Ive learned a lot from the thread that was linked, its a good one, full of great information and great members.

Someone mentioned a "Garuda" now I cant find the post, guess my mind is not as awake as I thought.

I have the INW Garuda and found it to be kinda sweet. The one mentioned here seemed to describe it as grassy, which I love. What brand is that Garuda you mentioned?

Thanks agan :)

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area

Ive learned a lot from the thread that was linked, its a good one, full of great information and great members.

Someone mentioned a "Garuda" now I cant find the post, guess my mind is not as awake as I thought.

I have the INW Garuda and found it to be kinda sweet. The one mentioned here seemed to describe it as grassy, which I love. What brand is that Garuda you mentioned?

Well...It did turn out to be a good "LITTLE" Thread on the subject...When I think about what I've learned from you...Let's just say the word TONS fits quite nicely...Thanks...Trig :D

Reactions: anavidfan

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal

Forgive my speaking out of turn...I recall INW TA Garuda Tobacco Absolute Garuda WG-INW being mentioned recently in another thread, perhaps the epic Favorite Tobaccos one. Might want to look there.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
I Continue...In hopes that other newer people like me might read in and learn a thing or 2...There Ain't Much Help In Here From Me !!!...But I sure learned a lot...

I came up with some very simple recipes that "I" like..."My" Taste...It's all very subjective but if these recipes give "YOU" an idea...That's what's important...FE Turkish + (Your Choice) = Your Recipe...To Your Taste...And it's just like cooking...Easier to put more in and certain flavors can be very dominant...Common Sense...All I've done was make my "Best Guess" based on what I'd read and direct help from some very knowledgeable people around here...:D

I now use a 50/50 18mg Base

Turkish Toffee
3% FE Turkish
3% TFA English Toffee

Turkish Hazelnut
3% FE Turkish
3% FW Hazelnut

The Toffee is wonderful...To "My" Taste...Full Tobacco Flavor and the Toffee is very noticeable but not overpowering...The Hazelnut is still steeping but it smells great !!!...We'll see...Kind'a pre-mature to post a recipe I've never tasted...But it's so simple and similar to the Toffee I have to believe it will be as good if not better...The Smell Of It :D

And here's one I made on a whim...Just to try & see...To Learn...It's so simple & so good !!!...To Me...

Tootle Puffer Banana Nut Special
6% TFA Banana Nut Bread
3% FW Butter Pecan
3% FW Rum

And where the TPBNS is concerned...I have the only bottle in existence...:w00t::w00t::w00t:...My 1st Recipe...

Just Pick What Appeals To You...And Have Fun Doing It !!!...Trig :thumbs:

Reactions: MSK421

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Western is pretty pungent stuff. I'd go more like 60/40. .

Wow you weren't kidding....The Western is really potently pungent. Mixed 10 ml with just 8% of it alone. Maybe it will settle down later. But it is real rough and large throat hit too.

Probably anything over 2 or 3 % is going to be too much for me. But isn't going to make it for a single flavor either I think. Will try some of the mixes you listed with less flavoring probably.

The western might work with a little of the black honey tobacco, a couple of drops of black fire, caramel and vanilla.

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
Great thread. I started out on a 'pure' tobacco search, but have found myself making additions. Mostly to keep vaping tobaccos during the summer nonths

I'm also a fan of Garuda. If you are finding it sweet I think you may have the 'arome' version rather than the 'absolute' - I have both of some of INW tobaccos. They are stronger, and a bit dirtier, like they already have INW DNB added.

This has become my ADV for summer days:

Latakia Lemon Posset:

Latakia (INW) 2.5%
Lemon (TPA) 2%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 1%
Acetyl Pyrazine 0.1%

When I started this journey I bought TPA Western, Turkish, Tobacco and RY4 (not double) - I though they were all pretty bad, and only use them for accents. You've prompted me to revisit them...

Last edited:

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
When I first started making e liquid I decided to go with the tobacco flavors and have stuck with that for 7 or so months, I have about 7 or so tobacco flavors that I use regularly and quite a few that I've tried but never made a large amount of so far. I've just begun doing some mixing of different tobaccos and other flavors.
I really didn't want to get involved with different tanks and atomizers for different flavors so I just stay with the tobaccos.

Reactions: Trigster

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
Just to add my :2c:, I have had good luck with Nude Nicotine's tobacco flavors. I have their Tobacco, Honey Tobacco, and BRY4 and I like them all. They are basically tobacco absolutes and recommended to use at 0.5-1.5%. Most of my mixes are 0.5-0.75%. They are very strong. I have only used them stand alone but they could be used as enhancers (especially the plain Tobacco). I love the Honey Tobacco and the BRY4 is in my daily rotation. Despite the name, BRY4 tastes nothing like an RY4. It is a berry tobacco flavor and (to me at least) the berries dominate. I suspect it is a mix of their Very Berry and Tobacco flavors but I love it as a stand alone. Being NET flavors they do require a month or more of steep time to reach their prime and they do gunk coils more than artificial flavors.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
When I first started making e liquid I decided to go with the tobacco flavors and have stuck with that for 7 or so months, I have about 7 or so tobacco flavors that I use regularly and quite a few that I've tried but never made a large amount of so far. I've just begun doing some mixing of different tobaccos and other flavors.
I really didn't want to get involved with different tanks and atomizers for different flavors so I just stay with the tobaccos.

After trying a dozen or two tobacco flavorings I've settled down to just a few that I make often and enjoy. Hangsen Tobacco Blended, Hangsen Flue Cured, FA 7 Leaves, FA Cowboy, FA Virginia, and FA SOHO are some that I frequently mix up. I also like FA Cuban Supreme and Purilum Tobacco.

Then, there are flavors that I tried once and wasn't impressed. Some of those end up being frequent vapes once I find the right mix. Don't give up on a flavor unless it's just nasty no matter how you mix it.

I've also found that I tire of one flavor after a while and have to branch out into others of my favorite list and give the "too often" vape a rest.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I recently mixed a few tobacco mixes that are now sitting in a box waiting to try again in a week.

The ry4 double is tricky for me, I used a way higher % than the others (10%+1%AP), and it doesn’t really smell like much, or taste like anything, after 2 weeks.

I mixed up gold ducat at 3%, and wow that is strong. I get raisens after testing it. After 2 weeks, it has a good color change, and more mild flavor. I’m looking forward to this one in another 2 weeks or so.

I have a few black honey tobaccos sitting for 2 weeks, 10%, 8%, and a few mixed with ry4D (5%+5%). I’m letting those sit, they are super perfumey. We shall see.

Last night I mixed up a batch of FA desert ship at 2%. This flavor smells awful! However, I tried it this morning, and it tastes NOTHING alike it smells. Glad I tried it, I was almost gonna roads it. Looking forward to this one in a few weeks.

I want to try hangsens Turkish, desert ship, Virginia next. I seem to like the INW and hangsens more than tfa, they seem more concentrated and flavorful.

Just some thoughts for you. Would love feedback.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
I recently mixed a few tobacco mixes that are now sitting in a box waiting to try again in a week.

The ry4 double is tricky for me, I used a way higher % than the others (10%+1%AP), and it doesn’t really smell like much, or taste like anything, after 2 weeks.

I mixed up gold ducat at 3%, and wow that is strong. I get raisens after testing it. After 2 weeks, it has a good color change, and more mild flavor. I’m looking forward to this one in another 2 weeks or so.

I have a few black honey tobaccos sitting for 2 weeks, 10%, 8%, and a few mixed with ry4D (5%+5%). I’m letting those sit, they are super perfumey. We shall see.

Last night I mixed up a batch of FA desert ship at 2%. This flavor smells awful! However, I tried it this morning, and it tastes NOTHING alike it smells. Glad I tried it, I was almost gonna roads it. Looking forward to this one in a few weeks.

I want to try hangsens Turkish, desert ship, Virginia next. I seem to like the INW and hangsens more than tfa, they seem more concentrated and flavorful.

Just some thoughts for you. Would love feedback.
Yep...For most Tobacco flavors the longer they age the better they get...I found the simple concoctions I brewed up really started tasting wonderful after about a month...Happy to see you reading this Thread as there are a few really good informative posts...But if I might suggest...Your best place for tons of help and info is the "Master Tobacco Thread"...99% of my limited Tobacco knowledge came from this Thread...Trig :thumbs:
Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

• Agree
Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread