Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I received my new Rainbow I Joy Captain today. I like it but I do see a few minor issues. There is no battery or button rattle on shaking the mod, but a little button rattle on touching the button. The battery door hinge latches firmly but feels a little flimsy when opened like the hinge may not hold up.
My Captain tank will not arrive until Monday so I put one of my Baby Beast on it. The Baby Beast has a week old .15 ohm coil that was reading .17 on my IPV5 and my Alien and .19 on my 521 tab. On the Captain it reads .14 to .15 so that is something I will be watching closely. The device was already updated to the latest firmware so maybe another update will fix that issue. I will know more when I try some different tanks and coil builds.
All in all it's a pretty solid device with good workmanship, and good fit and finish. Typical box mod styling with a nice large easy to read display. Time will tell if any of the issues I mentioned get worse or better. I will post up the results after a few months of daily use.

Last edited:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I own 2, no problems. The coil is going to probably be off by 0.02 or so just like any other box. Button rattle is just a person thing but as long as it works(8/10 boxes rattle) I can live with it, I didn't buy it to be a baby rattle. [emoji6] The battery door seems to be the norm these days, personally I prefer the magnetic doors. My Steampunk Nano 120 rattles and has a loose battery door but works like a champ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
my captain.jpg
my captain.jpg
I finally got around to putting my Griffin 25 on top of the Captain and it looks great. I built my dual coils at .25 on my Geek Vape 510 and they are reading .26 on my IPV5 and the Captain so all is well. I have to say I am really loving this device. I am still anxiously awaiting my Captain RDTA and a Battlestar Mod so I don't have to carry my Captain to work :) The Captain is a great sturdily built mod and its no slouch in the looks department either

Attachments

• my captain.jpg
    my captain.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread