Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Amazing how small they can make that print, not sure who made the Virginia, imported from Poland and the distributer name is all they give, maybe Inawera I did order flavors from them, a candle flame over the tobacco name. Hangsen has a Turkish and brown sugar, interesting. I'm smoking some now, found a 30 ml bottle I had mixed. I guess the whole thing is to give your taste buds a change of pace. There are lots of flavors out there I have no idea what they are or what type of taste they offer.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
Sounds like it may be Inawera. The Turkish I have is Hangsen. The brown sugar is FA.

You're right about keeping the taste buds from getting burned out on a single mix. I try changing it up, daily. I don't think I'll ever have an ADV, it's too much fun experimenting with different tobacco combinations.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Sounds like it may be Inawera. The Turkish I have is Hangsen. The brown sugar is FA.

You're right about keeping the taste buds from getting burned out on a single mix. I try changing it up, daily. I don't think I'll ever have an ADV, it's too much fun experimenting with different tobacco combinations.

I typically have 8 - 10 going at once. Probably switch up 4 or 5 times a day. Never had vaper's tongue :)

Burned out is as good a term as any. Easier than saying overloaded and numbed ;)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
So here's a question I hope someone can help me with.

I mixed up a batch the other day and used .5% too much. ( I forgot to adjust the percentages and used wrong recipe percentage )

Is there a DIY calculator that helps figure out how much to add to make something 2% instead of 2.5 % that will be easier than just guess-ti-mating?

I keep three 100ml bottles of unflavored around for diluting juices that mix up and mature too strong after steeping. I add anywhere from 10% unflavored on up depending on need. Unflavored is juice mixed to the same PG/VG/NIC specs, but without the flavoring added, so it will cut a mix without changing the original recipe, except for diluting the flavor.

In your case, .5% divided by 2.5% is 20%. Add 20% unflavored nic mix to bring it down to 2%. For me, that's the easiest way to fix that problem. The plus is that you end up with 20% more juice to vape at the right level.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Guess I'm lazier than you, Dave. I mix 250 mls unflavored at just over my preferred nic and just below my preferred PG. Mix using that, the flavors are in PG so raise that a tad, and of course dilute the nic a tad as well. Only have to open up my 100 mg nic on rare occasions. Makes mixing easy, just dispense the flavor, top up with the unflavored, done. (I do mix to about 18 mg, so this procedure works fine - the "final" might be 18, 17, 19... but close enough for me. Those who vape low nic levels, it may not work as well, since the final % is more critical if you're looking for, say, 2 and wind up at 4!)

And, as you say, also makes it a snap to dilute a too strongly flavored mix.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
When I first started vaping I did not get any flavor, watched vapor as I exhaled but there didn't seem to be any flavor, I tried a Pico that delivered some flavor that was nice. When I first tried DIY I remember I tried 4 drops per 10 ml and it was to weak and increased to 6 drops per and went to at 5.
There are times when I like the strong flavors other times I like it mellow and drop the temp.

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
All in all it's what works for you for best flavour, Wrong thread i know but after a 10 day steep of fruit flavour
Cactus & Grape + five other flavours, recipe stolen from web, total flavour mix 11%, blimey talk about blow
your socks off this is ankles as well, thought i have change from tobacco flavour may be not.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
In my opinion "club der dampfer" tobac aromas are the best tobacco flavour. I love tobac. No 1 and no 14
I've used quite a lot of them, and still do occasionally: very nice and superstrong flavours, 1.5% to 2% is more than enough.

#1, #14, #150 and #158 were my favourites, but at some point i somehow started to dislike the cottoncandy/caramel sweet smell (not taste) that most of them have. So i gradually switched to FA, INW and HS.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I just tried some honey flavor that has been steeping for quite a while, second try I mixed it with some Turkish tobacco in a tank, the honey tries to come through but I think the tobacco flavor is so strong it has a hard time doing this, the honey is there in the background though. I'll try the honey with another tobacco and see if it will mix better. The honey I'm using is LorAnn it's been steeping for over 2 months.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have some English Toffee I've played with, I haven't come up with anything yet where I'd make 60 or 30 mls worth. I used to buy premade just plain English Toffee, it should be good with one of the tobacco' s I think Turkish is strong for it but let me know how it is.

English Toffee is a good vape at the right mix level. Less is more with English Toffee for me. Hangsen Flue Cured at 7% +/- might be a good tobacco mix with English Toffee. When I first started vaping ET was one of my favorites.

Flue cured is a good vape on its own. If you add Toffee, do it in small amounts until you get a feel for what's needed. You might start at .25% to .5% and work from there.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Guess I'm lazier than you, Dave. I mix 250 mls unflavored at just over my preferred nic and just below my preferred PG. Mix using that, the flavors are in PG so raise that a tad, and of course dilute the nic a tad as well. Only have to open up my 100 mg nic on rare occasions. Makes mixing easy, just dispense the flavor, top up with the unflavored, done. (I do mix to about 18 mg, so this procedure works fine - the "final" might be 18, 17, 19... but close enough for me. Those who vape low nic levels, it may not work as well, since the final % is more critical if you're looking for, say, 2 and wind up at 4!)

And, as you say, also makes it a snap to dilute a too strongly flavored mix.

I'm probably just as lazy. For my own dilutions I just fill a tank and leave an "eyeball" amount for the unflavored mix. Sometimes, it's half and half to a quarter of the tank's volume or some "that's about right" amount. Then, I add the too strong juice mix to fill and then tilt back and forth to mix.

With flavored mixes from scratch I just use the drop method to flavor a roughly measured unflavored amount. If it's not right, I use the "cooking by taste" method to fix it!

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
For the heck of it I added a artificial sugar to the mix, a light pink color. maybe it is sweeter not really sure, to test my sense of taste I put a few sugar crystals on my finger, that was very sweet. The honey is not honey and the sugar is not sugar in my book, anyone that would like to disagree I welcome them, quite possible I am doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread