• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Windsor Border Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakunta

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
A friend of mine from the US (Michigan) will be travelling to a "family reunion" in Ingersoll, Ontario, planning to cross at Windsor! He hopes to take a few mods and some DIY juice with him! He is worried about having these confiscated at the border!

Anyone know what the rules/regs are?

Please pm me, many thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pwmeek

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
It's only the juice that's a problem and it's not technically illegal, just banned by Health Canada. The juice MIGHT be taken away depending on which border agent you run into. However, I cross regularly with my hardware and a couple of bottles of juice and never had a problem. If they don't ask, don't tell. Chances are that if it's just a small amount for personal use, they're not even going to care. They're working on legislation to make it legal and regulate it anyway.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Thanks to all for the info. (And thanks to Kate for reminding me of this resource.) My ejuice is in a 20 ml bottle or in the tank of my rig. The bottle has a "poison" label and the mix formula but no indication that it is vaping-related. (It's totally unflavored, 68/32 PG/VG, and 6.5% nicotine - 65 mg/ml. I vape strong stuff.)

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Back from the cousins reunion in Ingersoll. No problems at the border (either way); practically a wave-through. I got to meet about twenty or thirty cousins (2nd, or more distant) that I had never met and mostly didn't even know who they were. One cousin is still living on the farm where my gg-grandfather first settled 179 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread