Voopoo Drag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I was able to get my name loaded in and put in some files that I think were updates, these messed up the Display settings so I had to get back the defaults which I was able to do. I then found that pressing the fire button caused the Timeout to appear so the unit stopped working rather stressful. I adjusted the lighting and time out that got me the 10 sec delay so the unit could work. Still a lot of those update files I haven't put in yet, is it worth it.
Great unit it has been able to survive me and what I've done with it, works great in SS temp mode and handles the different resistances well. I'm using some nothing special batteries over a year old without problems. Navigation in the device is very good

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Coatepec, Veracruz-Llave, Mexico
I found the preheat so the Voopoo has been working correctly playing with resistance is not necessary. I've been to their download site latest version is V1.5.1.26
I'm curious as to where you found the preheat setting for the Drag in Temp control mode. The only thing I can see is the ability to set watts on the main screen when in TC mode by 4 clicks on the fire button. I tried using the custom curves but the wattage curves seem to have no affect when in Temp Control mode.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
In manual bottom of page 4 press the fire 4 times, W blinks and you can adjust the Watts, this is when it is in SS temp mode. By custom curves I think you are talking about the M 1-5 curves, you would set changing temps along a line graph. I just noticed there is a W, the M1-5 and a WV, in WV you set the voltage. I've seen that and used it a little, maybe it's new since I downloaded the files and put some in the Voopoo. It would be much nicer if there was a description of the file instead of a series of numbers. I've used this a little yesterday and all of today its doing very well.

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks @Carl2 for the info. From what I can see it looks like you can set the wattage in temp control mode but there is no separate setting for preheat like there is in DNA and Yihi boards. I was hoping for a separate preheat setting for larger coils just to give them a high shot of power in the first second or so. And it's also limited to 80 watts. Having said that the Drag works very well in temp control mode and I'm quite pleased with it.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Okay, I have an idea of what you'd like to do. I also have the Smok G-Priv which I compare it to, in the Smok you go into temp mode, there you have material, preheat, adj tcr, initial ohm. No curves at all. In wattage mode you have, effects, min, soft, med, hard, watage 0 to 220, must have there own curves in there. Actually the Voopoo gets up to temp pretty quickly, the Smok is noticeably slower the first vape is weaker.
I think in both units the preheat is saying that you set the max wattage available to heat to the set temp, a higher wattage would get it to the temp.
I just checked the update app and it has a tab for power lines where you can adjust the power output over time, very similar to the M1-5 temp lines sounds like it is what you are looking for. I just found a M1 for watts in mine, clicking 4 times gives me the power graph, original all set to 157 W, all changed to 35 W. Had to remove a battery and restart to get out of the graph. I'm not sure where these things are coming from, has to be the files I put in.

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
In the Yihi mods you can adjust both the temp and watts curves in temp control mode. So you can program a higher level of Watts for the first second or so to get your preheat. In the Drag the Watts curves have no effect in Temp control mode. I tried dialing them down to the minimum of 5 watts and in Watts mode the effect is as expected, a very weak vape. However when I switch to temp control mode only the temp curves some into play. Theres no ability to set the Wattage in temp control mode with the curves that I can see. Having said that the vape is fine with the curves I just have no idea how it determines what wattage to apply in temp control mode with the M settings. Most likely it's the predetermined one based on the Atomizer resistance. But as you said it does seem to ramp up quite quickly so it's really not an issue unless you have big coils that require a lot of preheat.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
As already said I like the temp mode, I've got a power curve in my unit but doubt if I'll ever use it. I have a Pico 25 that will kick you out of temp mode into wattage if the resistance is not within limits, I can vape it using the preheat temp. So you could probably vape in wattage pretty close to a temp mode, maybe worth while if done often enough. I'm debating on what I should do about all the software I didn't put in yet.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Have cartel already updated the revenant with omni chip 2 have they?

Cause the first ones had the same chip as the tarot's, etc, which has no pre head adjustability for TC.. it does have a tc curve mode though but still, it hits most coils way too hard vs other good tc mods. It tries to push 160 watts through a 25 watt coil lol if you have the temp as a warm vape.

Vaporesso have much improved TC with the new omni chip in their revenger mod, and that;s the vaporesso based mod to get if vape matters. For looks, revenant stunning, but to me only worth it when it has the new omni.
I haven't been following this thread and this may have been corrected but the cartel hits at a max of 60w, not 160, in tc mode.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
I haven't been following this thread and this may have been corrected but the cartel hits at a max of 60w, not 160, in tc mode.

Good to know, thanks. The Voopoo only does 80W in temp mode as well. The new DNA 75C chip has added a 100W preheat in Temp mode and Wattage mode to it which is awesome for those bigger coils.

Reactions: Fozzy71

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I have the black and red sticker, the colors are okay with me. I have the original Drag_V1.0.0.1.xwdf files which I just put back in so it is in the original condition that I received it in. I also have the Version:V1.5.1.26, this contains 27 USRC Files that update the unit and give it new capabilities.
It has been working very well for the past few days with a Smok BBB tank with SS coils.

Reactions: ShowerHead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread