• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

PG-Free Koolada and Dark Chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Has anyone found a PG-Free Koolada and a PG-Free Dark Chocolate? Or do you know of PG-Free alternatives for Koolada and Dark Chocolate? Concentrates or Super Concentrates are preferred, but I'm open to suggestion.

I'm using all vaping Zone flavorings to make a York Peppermint Patti:

2.0% SC Gourmet Dark Chocolate (in PG)
2.0% SC Chocolate (in Alcohol)
3.0% SC Peppermint (in Alcohol)
3.0% SC Cream (in Alcohol)
1.5% Koolada vape Flavor (in PG)

...for a total of 3.5% PG.

I didn't know that the Koolada was in PG when I ordered it, and I figured I could handle the 2% in the Dark Chocolate, so I ordered the flavorings and a friend mixed for me. After tasting the mix, I asked VZ about the Koolada. They said it's in PG, but that it's concentrated and I could mix it at 1% to 3% (and I'm there at 1.5%). I know now that the mix has 3.5% PG, which I can "get away with" as my allergy doesn't go nuts until about 10% or more. The cooling that the Koolada gives is great, but I can taste this 3.5% PG. I reduced the Koolada to 1% and I still taste the 3% PG :( It tastes oily and nasty to me, and leaves an aftertaste in my throat, so I'd really like to get rid of all the PG, if I can.

vaping Zone is a great source for those of us who cannot tolerate PG! I just need another source for Koolada and Dark Chocolate.

Thanks!

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
VG Based Flavors – Real Flavors
Some of there super concentrates are really good also. Dont go past 2% though.
Search results for: 'ws-23'
This is the answer to koolada. Way stronger and has no taste whatsoever.
I came back home from going out to eat and couldn't believe there was a reply already. Thank you so much for this!!! I started studying them right away.

The WS-23 looks great, with a recommended mix of 0.75% -1.5%, but I noticed that it's in PG.

ws-23-30-cooling-liquid-concentrate-3b4.jpg
I'll try it when it's back in stock. I signed up for the notification. :D Maybe it's not the PG in mine, but the Koolada itself that I'm tasting. And I can probably get away with 0.75% PG instead of 1.5% PG from the Koolada.

I read the FAQ at Real Flavors. It did not say specifically that the SC flavorings are PG-Free, but I believe they are from the wording. They appear to be concentrated versions of the VG-Based flavorings, with up to 3% Alcohol. Can you verify for me that they are PG-Free, or should I call them? And does this mean they are in VG with up to 3% Alcohol? Not that Alcohol bothers me. I'm just curious.

I didn't see a Dark Chocolate (VG or SC), but there are so many other great ones! And they are so much cheaper than VZ. :w00t:

Thanks again!

p4cdTF1.gif

ZjybyRp.gif

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Since the Koolada is mixed at 1.5% Max in my mix, I could probably use something like 0.7% WS-23.

Hot Cocoa - Super Concentrate: Steaming chocolate cocoa topped with melting marshmallows. The marshmallows may not work well in a York Peppermint Patti, but I'm going to tell my Mixologist about Real Flavors so he can have a look around for me. I can keep using the VZ Dark Chocolate at 2% until I find a replacement. :) But I think the WS-23 will make the larger difference. :thumb:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hi,

The FW Dark Chocolate is PG-Free, but it mixes in at 15-20%. I could work with that, but I just wrote to them through the Contact Us link to ask if the have a Concentrated or Super Concentrated version that is still PG-Free. It can't hurt to ask, right? I'll let you know what they tell me.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hello again,

Since ECX was out of their WS-23, I wrote to Kimberly at One Stop DIY Shop to see if she would consider finding a source for it and stocking it. She wrote back saying "It's on the chef's order we are waiting on. :)" I asked if she'd drop me a note when it's in stock, and she said she would.
I'm elated!!!
H65Rw28.gif
I'll let you know what sizes are available, and how much each one costs. 30ml is typical, but I told her that I'd love to see it in their 120ml size as well.

Just realized that I need to ask if it will be the same WS-23 30%. I already know that it'll probably be in PG, as I mentioned that to her before while suggesting that maybe they could find the Crystals and mix it themselves in PG. I'm going to ask her to try to find a Dark Chocolate Super Concentrate that is PG-Free while I'm at it. :D

EDIT:
Kimberly told me that it will be the same WS-23 30% in PG. :) She also said that she's yet to find a PG-Free Dark Chocolate that she likes. :(

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
You can get WS-23 in powder or crystal form from the UK and then dilute it yourself in either VG or your alcohol of choice. It might be available in powder from some on US vendors, but I haven't come across a source.
Thanks! Do you know a formula for making it with VG and Pure Grain Alcohol?

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Thanks! Do you know a formula for making it with VG and Pure Grain Alcohol?

WS-23 is a 30% solution, so 30% powder, 70% liquid of choice, set in a mug of hot water and let sit until the water is cool and shake well. Repeat if there are any undissolved crystals. I haven't done it with WS-23 but do it with menthol crystals all the time.

Reactions: 100%VG

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
WS-23 is a 30% solution, so 30% powder, 70% liquid of choice.
OK, how does this sound?

It takes approximately 8% PGA in USP VG to make VG about the same viscosity as PG.

So if I were to make 100ml of WS-23 30%, I'd measure 30ml by volume in a cylinder into 8ml of PGA and 62ml of USP VG?

XX30ml by volume of WS-23 in powder or crystal form
XXX8ml of PGA
+X62ml of USP VG
X100ml of WS-23 30%

I guess that to be more accurate with Crystals, I'd have to crush them into a Powder.

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
OK, how does this sound?

It takes approximately 8% PGA in USP VG to make VG about the same viscosity as PG.

So if I were to make 100ml of WS-23 30%, I'd measure 30ml by volume in a cylinder into 8ml of PGA and 62ml of USP VG?

XX30ml by volume of WS-23 in powder or crystal form
XXX8ml of PGA
+X62ml of USP VG
X100ml of WS-23 30%

I guess that to be more accurate with Crystals, I'd have to crush them into a Powder.

It would be more accurate to do it by weight. But, yes, your figures are very close to what I got.

37812718922_7f6280311f_o.png

• Winner

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
You can get WS-23 in powder or crystal form from the UK and then dilute it yourself in either VG or your alcohol of choice. It might be available in powder from some US vendors, but I haven't come across a source.
Do you have a source or two you could share, please? I haven't had any luck searching for it.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Last edited:
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.