Status
Not open for further replies.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
I want to buy some NET's and not sure what to get. I already know the flavors I want to try but with all the variables.......

I already have nic/pg/vg. When I buy my flavorings, do I get those with '0' nic?
What about pg/vg ratios? 100% pg?
I've always been a 50/50 vaper but since I already have pg & vg to mix my own, I'm not sure what ratio to buy for the flavors.
Thanks

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I want to buy some NET's and not sure what to get. I already know the flavors I want to try but with all the variables.......

I already have nic/pg/vg. When I buy my flavorings, do I get those with '0' nic?
I've always been a 50/50 vaper but since I already have pg & vg to mix my own, I'm not sure what ratio to buy for the flavors.
Thanks
Hi mate,
Never tried them, but have heard great things about the NETs from Heathers.
Naturally Extracted Tobacco : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

Best of luck
Cheers
I

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
O
When I buy my flavorings, do I get those with '0' nic?

Once you add nic you are basically entering the realm of ready-to-vape e-liquids. If you are looking to "buy and vape," and don't wish to do any of your own further mixing, then, by all means, spec your nicotine level, and PG/VG ratio.

Flavor concentrates are just that... concentrates. They are not intended to be finished/final products. They MUST be diluted. They don't include nicotine (you add that to your own preference), and you don't normally get to specify a preferred PG/VG ratio (you mix that yourself; as part of the dilution process).

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
and you don't normally get to specify a preferred PG/VG ratio (you mix that yourself; as part of the dilution process).

This place does allow me to specify pg/vg ratio and gives me a bunch of choices. ( I can't freeze the dropdown to take a screenshot of it)
This is for a Virginia NET. I'm assuming 0 nic and 100% pg.

nic.png

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA

It really depends on what type of tobacco flavor you like, cigar, pipe tobacco (my personal favorite), or cigarette style. If you're new to NET I'd sample each category.

......I already have nic/pg/vg. When I buy my flavorings, do I get those with '0' nic?

To my knowledge Tobacco extract (TE) is only sold at 0% nic. You have to mix TE with your preferred ratio of PG/VG and liquid nic just like a regular DIY flavoring. TE can be purchased in either PG or VG base, which base is best depends on what your preferred final mix ratio will be and what base your liquid nic is (PG/VG). Most retail extracts need to be mixed at around 25% flavor strength, vendors like Naturally Extracted Tobacco.com tell you what strength they recommend mixing it at.

.....I've always been a 50/50 vaper but since I already have pg & vg to mix my own, I'm not sure what ratio to buy for the flavors.
Thanks

If you mix a 50/50 PG/VG ratio then it doesn't really matter which base your TE is, either would work. Since it's more fluid, PG is a bit easier to work with.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
This place does allow me to specify pg/vg ratio and gives me a bunch of choices. ( I can't freeze the dropdown to take a screenshot of it)
This is for a Virginia NET. I'm assuming 0 nic and 100% pg.

View attachment 687779

That particular screenshot is for a ready-to-vape NET, not an extract. Like regular DIY flavorings extracts don't have nic strength options. For extracts, in addition to quantity and bottle type, options sometimes include extraction method (Hot or cold) and base solution (PG or VG). For retail extracts hot extractions are generally more robust but the flavor can be a bit muddied when compared to cold extractions which have a more refined flavor but at the cost of flavor intensity.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
That particular screenshot is for a ready-to-vape NET, not an extract. Like regular DIY flavorings extracts don't have nic strength options. For extracts, in addition to quantity and bottle type, options sometimes include extraction method (Hot or cold) and base solution (PG or VG). For retail extracts hot extractions are generally more robust but the flavor can be a bit muddied when compared to cold extractions which have a more refined flavor but at the cost of flavor intensity.

Damn. Thanks for the clarification. Guess I need to call NET.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Here's a link to NET.com's selection of tobacco extracts but remember that extracts are just like concentrated flavorings and must be mixed (diluted) with PG/VG/liquid nic before use; Extracts

Also keep in mind that retailers like NET.com charge $1.50 to $2 per ml (plus shipping) for tobacco extracts. You can make your own (DIY home extraction) for around $0.05 per ml and it's really not all that hard to do.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks
You would do well, being off the grid, to do a lot to reading. Could start with:
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes by Scottes777 • r/electronic_cigarette
What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread