Need a new atty...recomendations please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxysmom

Jul 17, 2017
So, I'm a new vaper, trying to quit the stink sticks. I was doing good at first with my pico kit with the melo 3 mini on it... down from a pack+ a day to 5-10 a day. Then the melo 3 decides it's not gonna wick anymore no matter what coils I use. So I try changing out the O rings after a good cleaning, install a new primed coil... still no wicking. I have to unscrew the cap every 3-4 'hits' off it to let the air bubbles up to the top so it will not be a burnt vape.

Ok, it sucks, but I'm dealing with it. Then it decides it's gonna leak if I look at it wrong. So now I have to unscrew the top to wick it AND it leaks like a sieve. Not cool. So I can't take it anywhere anymore and the stink stick count is going back up. Super not cool.

I'm not looking for a whole new mod right now (trying to keep costs down and I like the Pico) but I need a tank that I can take the dern thing with me when I leave the house and not have to worry about it leaking all over everything.

I'm not to the point of building coils (yet) but I do have cotton bacon that I purchased in an attempt to rewick some of the burned coils I had on hand before I figured out that I needed to unscrew the top every 3-5 vapes to let it rewick. So I'm not against something that has a simple rebuildable. I just want something that's gonna wick so I can vape and that's not gonna leak.

I usually vape at about 30-40 watts depending on the juice, direct lung, using .3 ohm coils. I prefer top fill.

Please help me find my ideal atty... or help me figure out why my melo 3 decided to hate me... it wasn't like this the first month or so that I had it. TIA

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I use the original Uwell Crown tank and have had great success. The factory coils come in .5, .25 dual stained steel which can be vaped in temp or wattage mode. I use the .5 and love them, they last a month or more, usually more. In the beginning I would get some condensing juice that would come out the airflow ports but it hasn't happened in 7-8 months so maybe the tank needs a break in period. Anyway no leaks, great flavor coils that last forever, it's a win win win. Good luck

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The leaking problem is probably a busted or kinked o-ring on the EC coil. Or, there may be debris from a previous coil's busted o-ring in the base. My Melo came with a coil installed with a bad o-ring. Leak city. It's tiny, clear/colorless and goes above the threads on the coil.

After changing the coil, the tank's shaft has to line up just right to allow the two openings to line up just right with the coil's wicking holes. It's a PITA because once the coil is concealed by the shaft, you have to remember where the holes are. :facepalm:

Melo's not a bad tank, but it ain't a great one, either. Kanger Subtanks, Toptanks and Vaporesso Estocs work great on the Pico at ~30 Watts.

Randall_flagg

Mar 2, 2016
New Hampshire
If you can get your hands on a Melo II it uses the same coils and I used one for over a year, it's been my favorite tank. I had the exact same problem with the III and have since stopped using it. I think it's working fine now that I have run it for some time in my ultrasonic cleaner and swapped all the O rings, but I really don't want to take the chance and have to deal with it.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I use the original Uwell Crown tank and have had great success. The factory coils come in .5, .25 dual stained steel which can be vaped in temp or wattage mode. I use the .5 and love them, they last a month or more, usually more. In the beginning I would get some condensing juice that would come out the airflow ports but it hasn't happened in 7-8 months so maybe the tank needs a break in period. Anyway no leaks, great flavor coils that last forever, it's a win win win. Good luck

Agree, great tanks. Coils last a while. I stocked up on the white ring ones, the originals.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You could try a Nautilus 2 tank, it's topfill and I didn't find mine leaky (provided I close off airholes while in transit and don't overfill). If you want something a little different, you could try the Nicolas Vapefly tank which can be picked up quite inexpensively. It's a more airy MTL tank that still pools vapor into your mouth prior to inhale. I really like mine and was gifted one (it's not a tank you hear a lot about) but it's 3 ml topfill, and it has great flavor. Not sure of the status of coils (and I really need to find out, to buy more) but it's a great tank, very easy topfill, and I couldn't get that thing to leak if I tried. I think it might go well with your tank. I vape mine at an all powerful 12 watts and I get great vapor and flavor. It's just completely leakproof and really easy operation. I think either of those might be a good option.

If you want an RTA, you have lots of options right now. Hearing good things about the Vandy Vape Beserker, my favorite go to RTA currently is a Hussar with the MTL option (comes with an airflow reducer) but it has a really easy build deck and the clones are reputed to be better than the original-- you can pick one up very inexpensively at somewhere like FT or 3F/V? The build deck is a great one to start on. I was going to vape my doggystyle clone yesterday, but since starting building I have had to up a med that gives me fine motor tremors, so I can't say much about it other than building is now really frustrating and I will be starting over today (but earlier) but the build is nice (it's another clone) and though the deck is smaller, it's not really that frustrating (unless you are dealing with a renewed fine motor tremor, gah) and it's easy going. I got a few coils on there but then managed to break them in the process. I think I need a lower diameter coil, anyway, my 3.0 diameter coils didn't look so happy squished between those two posts. But, I have a feeling it may supply a lovely MTL vape.

Honestly, if you get an RTA, I'm kind of a fan of clones, if only to see if you like one enough to purchase the original-- there are so many options, so finding one you like? Kind of makes sense to me to do it with clones....

Best of luck,

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If you can get your hands on a Melo II it uses the same coils and I used one for over a year, it's been my favorite tank. I had the exact same problem with the III and have since stopped using it. I think it's working fine now that I have run it for some time in my ultrasonic cleaner and swapped all the O rings, but I really don't want to take the chance and have to deal with it.
The Walkin' Man!

:w00t:

Reactions: Slkpmp

ajajay

Apr 7, 2015
banagalore
If u just want to get off the stinkies and nothing more than that ( because i love exploring vaping ) then i suggest, if its available, you to use pods like juul, myjet or phix with high nicotine salt. Great substitute for cigs. Less mess and economical than vaping with mods and tanks.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Juul and other cigalikes CAN be a great option for a new vaper, but I don't think they're less expensive. Isn't a Juul device like over $50? You can get a decent startup set for less than that (far less if you shop around) I find tanks easier to deal with than cartos, but that's just me. I do also think (unless you get into refilling your own cartridges with your own ejuice, which can also get messy) that it's not necessarily as inexpensive as starting out with a tank and battery setup.

With that said, I try not to bash any device that may help a smoker quit, so by all means if the pods are appealing and help someone quit, I'm not going to trash them, but I do think it's the LEAST cost effective way to start vaping.... Maybe a good transitional device for someone just starting out?

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread