Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@Spydro You beat me to it a few posts ago. One of my favorite songs Voodoo Child. Had to get the headphones out for that one. Still sends me every time I hear it. This is a version I bet you all haven't heard before.

Back at you with another version I have posted many times... Luna Lee.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
@Spydro You beat me to it a few posts ago. One of my favorite songs Voodoo Child. Had to get the headphones out for that one. Still sends me every time I hear it. This is a version I bet you all haven't heard before.

I remember when Zakk did this and the 1st thought I had, being a guitar player myself, if anyone could pull this off on an acoustic it would be him!! Then my 2nd thought after it was over was he should stick to doing his own stuff as there were just too many notes played throughout that song. He does this with the Zakk Sabbath stuff he's on tour doing right now. My opinion is he takes one of the most iconic songs of the early rock/metal era and does it an injustice. Just because you can play that many notes doesn't mean you should!!

One of the best to cover Hendrix was SRV and although it was flashier than Hendrix it wasn't too far from the original and one that is still played on stations across the country on an almost daily basis...

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
Trying again, okay that worked, I have never posted a video before. I saw this posted in another thread some where. I loved this song when I was younger. Not really a a head banger tune, but I really like it. :)
KAS

For some reason I thought that was a newer song than 68 and wasn't it in a movie once? Can't remember. Then again I kind of get lost keeping track of music. I freaked when I found out that Neil Young wrote Cinnamon Girl.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I am obsessed with this Leonard Cohen song from his last album, "You Want it Darker." He was an amazing poet and songwriter but appreciating his performance style took me awhile. Whether you love his voice or love the covers, the man was a certified genius and this blows me away.

Reactions: kas122461

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I remember when Zakk did this and the 1st thought I had, being a guitar player myself, if anyone could pull this off on an acoustic it would be him!! Then my 2nd thought after it was over was he should stick to doing his own stuff as there were just too many notes played throughout that song. He does this with the Zakk Sabbath stuff he's on tour doing right now. My opinion is he takes one of the most iconic songs of the early rock/metal era and does it an injustice. Just because you can play that many notes doesn't mean you should!!

One of the best to cover Hendrix was SRV and although it was flashier than Hendrix it wasn't too far from the original and one that is still played on stations across the country on an almost daily basis...

I saw him play at Butler University Clowes Hall, I think it was his first tour. Fantastic show, I saw him every time after that when he played here. If I remember correctly his last show here, he was touring with Joe Cocker, another great show.

KAS

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
For some reason I thought that was a newer song than 68 and wasn't it in a movie once? Can't remember. Then again I kind of get lost keeping track of music. I freaked when I found out that Neil Young wrote Cinnamon Girl.

Someone else posted that in another thread, I had not heard it for 20 or so years, so I bookmarked the you tube link. Neil Young was another favorite of mine, I also saw him play a couple of times. :)

KAS

Reactions: muzichead

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
There you have it, SRV.

Reactions: muzichead

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Wow, I bad thread for me to land on I could post stuff all night. Always been a Metal type and I like the old songs when they are done that way. Here is one that is killer. (I would post their version of Summer Girl but I would get banned for it.)

The Neil young version. :)

KAS

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I saw him play at Butler University Clowes Hall, I think it was his first tour. Fantastic show, I saw him every time after that when he played here. If I remember correctly his last show here, he was touring with Joe Cocker, another great show.

KAS

I saw a Joe Cocker show from backstage years ago. That was an experience. After every number, he would walk off stage and throw up into the trashcan that stagehands kept just out of sight. I enjoyed the show but frankly, that was a bit distracting. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread