Vaporesso Revenger 220W Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ecf members, i would like to thank Ema from sourcemore for supplying the Revenger kit free of charge for the purpose of this review.
The kit i received was the rainbow with the TPD compliant 2ml tank

https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporesso-rev...inbow.html

On the site there are various colours and there is a 5ml version.

In the Box

1 x Revenger MOD
1 x NRG tank
1 x GT8 0.15ohm(Pre-installed)
1 x GT4 0.15ohm
1 x Replacement Pyres Glass Tube
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Warning Card
Spare parts

The NRG tank deserves a review of it's own so i will start with that then move on to the Revenger. The tank i have used is the 2ml TPD compliant version, there is also a 5ml version available. The first thing to mention is the aesthetics of the tank are great it suits the Revenger very well it is a very nice looking tank.

Specs

23mm Diameter
47mm High
2ml Capacity
Unique mesh drip tip
Compatible with the GT Cores Vaporesso coils
Stainless steel construction
Top-filling
Weight 48g

Assembling and Filling

The tank comes apart simply and reassembles with equal ease.

Before reassembling the tank i pre saturated the cotton via the wicking holes and abit of juice applied directly in the middle of the coil (there is a lot of cotton in the coil heads).
Filling the tank is easy as the NRG as a great top-fill system, the top-cap just slides to one side on a hinge revealing a large filling hole. After filling the top slides back into place with just the right amount of resistance, the top-cap will not move unless the user means it to. The drip-tip has a spit-back guard which although some people claim it affects flavour i wonder if that's just tricks of the mind as i have never noticed spit-back guards altering the flavour at all.

Performance

I tried both supplied coils with this tank and both were very flavoursome and gave plenty of cloud. The airflow depended on which coil head i was using but i personally found the airflow plenty and half closed it using the GT8 coil. The airflow on the tank itself is a standard cyclops with stoppers and the aggressive texturing on the airflow ring (which looks great and adds to the aesthetics of the tank) helps with grip when adjusting. Both supplied coils are 0.15 and i found the GT4 best on normal at 50W and the GT8 best on normal at 70W. There was no issues with the coil heads keeping up with the wicking.
There are 5 coil heads available for the NRG which also include a ceramic coil which Vaporesso are renowned for.

The tank has a heating insulation layer to help keep the tank cool and it seemed to do it's job. I also suffered no leaking from the tank.

Conclusion

A very well made, aesthetically pleasing tank that gives great flavour and cloud. Multiple coil head options allowing the tank to be used from 15w - 100+w.

Flavoursome
Range of coil head options
Hinged top-flow system
Aesthetically pleasing

Dislikes

2ml version obviously needs regular filling (advice get a U-can)

Now we move on to the Revenger Mod.

Specs

Material: aluminum alloy
Dimensions: 89 x 45 x 28 mm
2 x External 18650 Batteries (not included)
Wattage Range: 5W to 220 W
Voltage Range: 0-9 V
Max Output Current: 50 A
Minimum resistance: 0.05 – 5.0 ohm
Mode: VT (Ni200 / SS / Ti) TCR (M1 / M2) / RCT / CCW / CCT / BYPASS
Display: OLED 0.96 inch
Thread: 510 thread
Temperature Control Range: 100° C – 315° C / 200° F – 600° F
Available in many colours

Aesthetics

The Revenger is can i say beautiful? the only other word to describe it that enters my head is sexy. It gives you a maximum dose of medication if you have shinyitus.
The sleek look, sexy curves and mirrored finish makes this possibly the best looking device i have seen. The In-Mold-labeling used makes the finish durable and scratch resistant but keep a cloth at hand to wipe away those fingerprints. Having the 510 centered also suits the shape of the Revenger perfectly.

Ergonomics and Menu

The word best crops up again when i go into the ergonomics of this device it feels like it's meant to stay in the hand, the curves are perfect and even the fire button is curved inwards making the thumb feel comfortable while firing.
I have become a big fan of the OMNI Board after using this device. I like the separate mode button rather than using the fire button, i also like choosing between modes is done by holding down the button rather than having multiple clicks. The menu system can be navigated simply and has all the features you would expect, i particularly liked using the curve on this device. On the main screen it also gives the status of the two batteries separately and it also has quick charge, which i wouldn't use but some people might find useful at times. The only time there is a bit more messing about is when you need to go into system settings which is where you set the great looking clock and alter the wattage for temperature control, but it really isn't that painful. The device supports firmware upgrades but i very much doubt any upgrade will be needed.

Performance

The device performed excellently and i had no issues whatsoever, as mentioned i particularly liked using the curve mode. I'm no expert on temperature control but did some homework and feel confident i can tell you it is spot on. The 510 is fine so no worries there and 28mm tanks fit perfectly (with the 510 being centered and having just an even 1mm slight overhang front and back i found 30mm tanks look fine).

Conclusion

I have used many devices which have included some excellent one's but the Revenger is the best device i have used to date.

Aesthetically stunning
Superb ergonomics
User friendly menu system
Centered 510
Very reliable
Working Temperature Control
Best wattage Curve i have used
Large screen

Dislikes

Nothing a handkerchief won't solve it's a fingerprint magnet.

I would like to thank Ema from Sourcemore once again and the kit i received can be found here:

https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporesso-rev...inbow.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread