Replacement glass for TFV8 Baby RBA section

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I find the fact that the rba for the TFV8 baby requires a piece of glass that is MILLIMETERS longer than the typical 2mL tube completely ridiculous, but here we are.

The rba/RTA deck itself came with the glass but I don't like being without spares. The place I bought it from doesn't sell the glass separately-- not honestly sure if anyone does-- and I'm having a real time finding out.

If worse comes to worst, I will just buy a second rba for $10 and know I have two plus the backup glass... but I'd prefer not to do that.

TIA.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
it is so stupid. Do you know if the Big Baby a) takes the same RBA section and b) does it use the same glass as the stock coils with the RBA?

It's not THAT big of a deal because I have plenty of RTAs, but yeah. "poor show" doesn't begin to cover it.

I probably will just end up with a second RBA in that case, but I shouldn't have to do that for spare glass.

johnkat

Apr 26, 2017
I had an issue recently where my Alien mod broke and I had to claim warranty...

I asked the vendor what I should send back and they requested that I send the whole kit back which I did minus my RBA.

The problem is that when they sent my replacement the RBA no longer would fit - The baby glass was too short and the RBA glass too long.

It turns out that the Baby beast (at least for the UK market) has been re-designed to comply with the new TPD regulations and the chimney section is now shorter.

This was sorted out by the vendor sending me back my original tank so I have no complaints but...

I'd be sceptical about buying another RBA because old RBA's wont fit the new tanks and new RBA's wont fit the old ones. Also buying the glass alone you can't be sure which one you're gonna get.

So my advice is to measure your old one and be sure to ask the length of the one you intend to purchase. The diameter is exactly the same.

I hope this is clear and helps you make an easy purchase :)

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
I just want to add so others and the OP doesn't receive the wrong item. There are 3 total glass sizes for the baby. Not just 2. Smok TFV8 Baby has a 2 ml (Europe version) but they have the regular 3 ml version also. This is the one I have. Than they have a rba version. The difference in looking at the 3ml and 2 ml is in the 3ml you can see most of the chimney. You have a 2ml version if you can't see the chimney but barely.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I think there may even be an additional one, at least in the U.S. Something about a 2mL extension? I've got no idea. All I know is that ElementVape was perplexed by my need. I'm about ten seconds away from just getting a second damn RBA because I have zero percent confidence that even if I found what I think I need, it will be the right size. The only reason I'm comfortable that should yield desired results is because I just got one that came with the appropriate glass, obviously.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
You can get it from FastTech,
Replacement Glass Tank for SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Clearomizer (2)
copy and paste the above into the search bar and it should give you a list of things,
Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Clearomizer (2) should show click on it
on the next page go into the model and find
TFV8 Big Baby Tank (RBA)
I just ordered it the other day, great prices on batteries also but batteries can not be shipped.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
@Carl2 it's the Baby, not the Big Baby.

@Swaglife81 idk, I'll fiddle around with what's best. I've only ran a couple of tanks worth of liquid through a simple 26g stainless build in there to test; I put it away for now to keep the glass safe.

It still doesn't look like there's authentic replacement glass for the Baby (not big) RBA section easily available.

If anyone has the Baby and the RBA and the glass and can take exact measurements of the glass piece, it does seem like I can probably find a knockoff but I'm not at all confident on the measurements as they've changed at least once and at least one site had something marketed as for the Baby but the measurements were for the Big Baby.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016

Blake Lowe

Aug 30, 2017
I find the fact that the RBA for the TFV8 baby requires a piece of glass that is MILLIMETERS longer than the typical 2mL tube completely ridiculous, but here we are.

The RBA/RTA deck itself came with the glass but I don't like being without spares. The place I bought it from doesn't sell the glass separately-- not honestly sure if anyone does-- and I'm having a real time finding out.

If worse comes to worst, I will just buy a second RBA for $10 and know I have two plus the backup glass... but I'd prefer not to do that.

TIA.
I got mine from vape UK and it came today 4 pounds plus post works well right size and all that good stuff

Blake Lowe

Aug 30, 2017

Ubervape UK

Unresolved Status
Sep 14, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

iamwombat

Sep 26, 2017
Hey guys, I had the exact same issue when I broke the glass tank of my TFV8 Baby Beast Rebuildable. After days trying to locate this part on the internet (FastTech & Gearbest included), I finally found a solution on my local vapestore : the classic TFV4 glass tank is exactly the same !
It appeared that my local shop had plenty left, and they were happy to help me out on this one.
Pretty hard also to find online thought, but at least you got the info now.
Cheers!

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread