Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
No, I meant why buy 1.5 instead of 2.0. Since you like 2.2 ohms on your other atties.
I wanted to see if I would like 1.5 ohms.
:)

I've been using 2.2 ohm Joyetechs for over 8 years now.
And I've been using them with Ego Twists ever since the Ego Twists came out.

I haven't really tried anything else, as I've been happy with that setup.
(well, I'm still checking out a new pod mod every now and then)

But here is something hilarious.
I've been using this same setup for so long that I forgot I could adjust the voltage.

So while I've had my voltage set at around 4.5 volts for years, and never turned the dial...
I just realized I can turn down the voltage, so I'm playing around with that feature with these new atomizers...

(slaps forehead)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I've been using this same setup for so long that I forgot I could adjust the voltage.
That IS hilarious! Re-discovering variable voltage!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
But Hanna and Cisco stand behind the HH357.

My experience of Hanna as well. GREAT guy. :thumb:

Ok, DC, that's just POST OF THE YEAR, kiddo!!!!! :lol:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I got the vapage 2.0 ohms and I gotta say I've already burned through 4. Work great for a while then poof - dead. I vape al ot sitting at the pc, but I don't have the eGo twist turned up a lot, in fact I don't think I really turn it up at all as I like the lower (possibly lowest) setting. So far I'm not that impressed except with the price. I used to get mine from a different place but they stopped doing 510s (seems to be a theme) and other places want a lot of cash for an atty I know won't last that long. I'm actually in the market for a new rig - something that gives good flavor (don't care about clouds), small -ish like the ego, but that doesn't rely on the 510 as these seem increasingly difficult to get at a decent price. No interested in tanks really, but am willing to learn about coils as long as I don't need to take an undergrad course in engineering first :) I was looking at the innokin (it says they are MTL and I think that's pretty much what I use now), because I like the size but don't know much about it. Any oldies with ideas? :)

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
I got the vapage 2.0 ohms and I gotta say I've already burned through 4. Work great for a while then poof - dead. I vape al ot sitting at the pc, but I don't have the eGo twist turned up a lot, in fact I don't think I really turn it up at all as I like the lower (possibly lowest) setting. So far I'm not that impressed except with the price. I used to get mine from a different place but they stopped doing 510s (seems to be a theme) and other places want a lot of cash for an atty I know won't last that long. I'm actually in the market for a new rig - something that gives good flavor (don't care about clouds), small -ish like the ego, but that doesn't rely on the 510 as these seem increasingly difficult to get at a decent price. No interested in tanks really, but am willing to learn about coils as long as I don't need to take an undergrad course in engineering first :) I was looking at the innokin (it says they are MTL and I think that's pretty much what I use now), because I like the size but don't know much about it. Any oldies with ideas? :)

I'm mystified. I've NEVER had a Vapage atty burn out like that. Mine last forever; I usually wind up throwing them out after 3-4 months when the flavor and vapor decline. Do you get the same result using them on a different device?

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Cherry - I have only used them on eGos because I only *have* eGos lol. The ones that burned out did so on a passthru, not sure if that makes a difference, although I have noticed the passthrus tend to be a bit harder on even regular 510 attys. The non passthru eGo batt tends to last longer and looking at that one I notice I haven't tried the Vapage 510 on it yet, as the old 510 atty (Joye) is still working fine.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I wanted to see if I would like 1.5 ohms.

I've been using 2.2 ohm Joyetechs for over 8 years now.
And I've been using them with Ego Twists ever since the Ego Twists came out.

I haven't really tried anything else, as I've been happy with that setup.
(well, I'm still checking out a new pod mod every now and then)

So while I've had my voltage set at around 4.5 volts for years, and never turned the dial...
I just realized I can turn down the voltage, so I'm playing around with that feature with these new atomizers...

(slaps forehead)

One thing I've learned about the 1.5-ohm atties on the VMOD (at least in the beginning of their usage) is that they run very hot on a FULLY charged battery. I've had really good luck using batteries not charged fully or just taken from another mod. After they get worked over a few times, they will be able to handle a fresh battery and for longer hits.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So far I'm not sure I like them that much.
I have to take very short drags because they heat up quick.

I'm not sure that the 1.5 ohms is right for me.
I actually like the longer drags I have to take on the 2.2 ohm Joyetechs.

But I'll keep at it and see if anything changes for better or worse.
So the 1.5 ohm experiment with Vapage atomizers is now deemed a failure.
Of course I then bought 32 of the 2.0 ohm atomizer and just got them today.

Now these are really nice.
I'm liking these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread