Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Have run Ti on DNA40 boarded devices for a long time with no negative implications BUT you need to set your Temp for right around 400* F (General Rule is minus 80*-100* from what would be "normal").
Obviously not "optimal" performance but it does work quite well none the less.

Question tho; why don't you just download Ti Profile into escribe and upload to device?
I thought DNA75/200 chipped devices came with Ti as one of the OEM Materials onboard???

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
What if any are the implications?
I have a .25 Ti single coil on a lava box200 with the default profile for Ni200 (I dont have escribe for Mac)... it works great!
Im thinking its just about TC keeping the temp down anyway, whats the harm?
what temp you have set??

Reactions: stols001

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
You can go to Evolves website choose the DNA 75C and you will find the Evolve for Mac download. It is beta version but according to DJlsb it is solid. There is over a 200 point difference between the two metals regarding the TCR values. You are really not getting a true TC experience. As far as harm, you won't blow up the mod or anything.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
All 8 presets in profile came as Ni200. Lava Box200.
I had Volcano preset Ti/SS/Ni on my first LB dna200. Forgot to ask when buying #2 (on sale).
I have it at 330F where i had it at 420F on my Ti set profile on the LB #1.
The coil is about 3 days old and the vape seems better on #2 (the 3rd day).

Will look into escribe for Mac.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Got it... thanks!
I am a dunce but I got the profiles set up following tutorial.
Problem with Ti vape ramping up too hard/harsh/burn unless I dont hold the fire button for more than a second or two.
.15 Ti coil on my Kayfun5 set at 250F 50w now. Same happening with Avocado .20ohms ti coil
I dont think this has anything to do with ramp up which is 1 sec. and 60w
I set 3 profiles: Ti / SS / Ni all for like 400F but have to move it down to about 200 to 240F and still can be too hot like its not controling temp at all.
Kayfun 5 and Avocado bottom air - rdtas. both on different Lava Box 200s.

Last edited:

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
50W Ramp up with Ti is WAY too much. Ti prefers a low starting then exponentially curved Ramp up (pretty much just the opposite of SS). That's why it is hitting harsh/burnt at the start. Once it does that at the onset, it ruins the effect/taste of that particular Vape whether short hit (@ 2 sec) or more.
Try going back to Ti (On Ti Profile/Setting) on cold Coil/Atty, be sure and detect and lock Ohms (is it close to what your Build is or should be by SteamEngine?), set for 20W with Ramp up off or at same as Wattage, 440* F, and see what it does. Then start going up in 2W increments on Watts and 5* increments on Temp (with upper limit of 480-485*) till she gets to Sweet-Spot. Then sync those Settings with eScribe and save that Setting Profile it to your Computer.
Obviously when it starts to hitting harsh/burnt/too hot, back it down to last Setting before she went fuego on ya.

IF you just can't seem to dial-in Ti to "work" for you after truly exhausting your efforts to do so, switch to SS and see if that Material works better for you, your Devices, and your Builds. Just don't give up. It's well worth the time and investment to find the proper Variables for your particular TC Vape Nexus.

Vape On & Enjoy :thumb:

P.s. You might try 26ga Ti on a 2.38-2.50 I.D. 7/6 Wrap to yield around .26-.29 Ohm and see if that does better. Personally, I find 0.15 to be tad too low for Ti. Just right IMO for Ni but @ 0.30 on 26ga seems to work great in all Atties on all Mods for me.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
That's awesome news
I can tell you what I do with SS (316 & 317) on RTAs & RDTAs then you can tweak to suit. I coil my 26ga on a 3/32" (2.38mm) Bit and do either 6/5 or 7/6 wrap depending on Device. Like 'em ever so slightly spaced (kinda does it good enough naturally when coiling). I also use 28ga twisted on my Squonker RDAs and do the same I.D. and wraps as above depending.
I'd say depending on how she ohms-out, decent starting point would be 28-30 Watts with a +15-20* Punch for 1-1.5 seconds. Bear in mind that SS needs and likes Higher Operational Wattage to give an efficient and pleasing Vape and it needs and does better with a nice "burst" to get it kick-started so to speak.
Also, you will find (again depending on Device and Resistance of Build and personal preference) that SS does better at higher Temps. Run my squonkers at @ 508*-535* F and other Tanks at @ 480*-495* That varies obviously with gauge, I.D. and whetehr single-strand, twisted, or Alien-type Wire.

Another Variable to consider is Juice type (dessert, fruit, tobacco, etc.), VG/PG mix, and even Nic level. Same as one Juice may be awesome in an RTA and the exact same liquid may be bland or crappy in an RDA. So, once you find your version of proper Settings/Profile for a Device, those saved Settings may require a tad of tweaking if you change liquids. That goes for any wire obviously.

Anyways, that should give you a decent jumping-off point and I'm sure others with more experience and knowledge than I will come along to help as well.

Vape On & Enjoy :thumb:

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Actually, as long as the Materials are pre-loaded into the Chipset, you can indeed TC Vape and set Watts, Temp and Material directly on the Device. The Pre-Heat Power and punch time do require escribe to tweak/set.
So, technically you don't "have" to have escribe but it shore do make it Nice :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread