Smok Cloud Beast with Aegis 100w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Newman

Oct 16, 2017
Hello all, I'm pretty new to the vapping thing so I'm looking for advice. Over the weekend I bought an Aegis 100w pretty much because it looked cool and felt good in my hand. I had been using a smaller unit for a while and wanted something larger. when I bought the Aegis I was sold on the Smok Cloud Beast tank, but now that I have done a little reading im not sure its the right tank for the unit I have. I generally vap at 40 watts give or take but it looks like I would need to be running much higher to get the beast to work well. Can anyone tell me it that's correct and if it is, wha tank would I be better off with?

thanks

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome to the board. I don't know a lot about pre-fab coil tanks, being a coil builder, but Mr. Google informs me that tank might be a bit stiff for a 40 watt person. The Baby Beast, I know, has some dual coils in the .5Ω range that ought to suit, but I don't know if they'll fit in the Cloud Beast. Hopefully somebody who knows more than I will be along in a bit.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Andrew Newman

Oct 16, 2017
Hi, thanks for reply. Stopped by my local store on my trip home and they took a second look at the specks, then moved me to the baby beast. Much better for my device then the cloud beast, the burn is better and the clouds are far better. The right tank makes it all so much better.

Looks like I might have the Smok leaking issue that effects these things. If so, back to the store to get something that doesn't leak.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I vape around the 40-60 watt range also and have had great success with the uwell crown tank and the .5 coils. The coils last a long time and provide excellent flavor and vapor. The tank doesn't leak and holds 4ml which is pretty decent. If I could change one thing it would be the capacity. The less I have to fill my tank the better so I'd like a 8-10ml tank but that might look funny on a regular sized mod. Anyway you may want to give the crown tank a shot, it's a great tank.

• Agree

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, thanks for reply. Stopped by my local store on my trip home and they took a second look at the specks, then moved me to the baby beast. Much better for my device then the cloud beast, the burn is better and the clouds are far better. The right tank makes it all so much better.
Looks like I might have the Smok leaking issue that effects these things. If so, back to the store to get something that doesn't leak.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
TFV8 leaking
Could see CoastalCowboy's comments regarding your problem.I could not say it better.
Re: SMOK QBOX

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Aegis is a beauty. Good choice.

40w is a tricky one. I use a lot of tanks with factory coils that are supposed to be OK at 40w but in truth, I run them all in the 28-34 watt range. I'm sure Smok can 'do' 40w tanks...they are the kings of these things as far as I can tell.

Uwell is also worth a look. Mine is temporarily retired (Crown v.1) as the coils are not so easy to source and more expensive compared to Eleaf stuff - I get all that stuff from China.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Looking on line at the Uwells, and there are a few different types, the 3, the sub ohm, etc. Which one should I be looking at or does it matter?
Hard to say. I though no.1 was great and heard some bad things in the early days of no.2.
I guess they sorted it, but if it's not broken, don't fix it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread