Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Anyone using nicotine salts? I'm still not real clear on what they are supposed to do for you. Can someone that uses them tell me why you like them? I've been vaping over 7 years and still using 12-16mg nicotine. I looked at something called the PHIX that has 50mg/ml (nic salts). It seems confusing to me.

Reactions: stols001

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I have been reading about the the nic salts, but have not tried them yet. What got me interested is the light TH. Like you I still can't find enough info on the product. Some articles I was reading said it was for high resistance/low wattage vaping went on to talk about lower temperature heating the nicotine in the atty. Then the next article I read, give the recommended sub ohm mg levels. I found some for mixing DIY, I think I'll get an small sample give to a try. I also read about how the salts mix enters the blood stream quicker than, hopefully someone in the know will comment if you must change vaping style to use the product.

• Agree

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
I use them quite a bit. It makes for a substantially smoother vape with flavor comparable to nic free. I use Nude Nic's smooth. I would think that the nic salts would be very helpful for folks who use higher nic concentrates and do not enjoy the nic bite. I usually dilute to 3-6 mg, but I enjoy the marked difference.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I've heard that about it entering the blood stream faster too. It's still confusing why they would have such insanely high mg/ml if that's the case. I have done a lot of reading about it and much of the info is conflicting. My concern about it is that from what I can understand it was "invented" by JUUL/Pax in conjunction with the Japanese Intl Tobacco company to "more closely mimic cigarettes"...ie...that initial nicotine rush we used to get from smoking. I just wonder if that means a deeper level of addiction ?

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I haven't tried them, Lori (except for Nude Nicotine's version Nicotine Salt Solutions - Nude Nicotine). But if you search the forum, you'll a find a lot threads/discussions on the subject. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Katya....I know but unfortunately I'm not allowed to participate in ECF outside my own forum. I can't even SEE the blog posts or classified ads. :(

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use them as I was looking for LACK of throat hit when I got here. I DIY at about 18 mg/ml, not a crazy amount, and I find they work just as well for me if not better than regular nic. Since I don't smoke any more of it than regular nic, I keep using them as I like the results.

The main benefit is a smoother throat hit. I know they are said to be more quickly bioavailable than the freebase nic that's used, I don't notice that a huge amount. But, I don't vape them any more than I would regular e-liquid so I feel comfortable using them, and I tend to like them. If they are more bioavailable, it's not the hugest effect (at least for me, some other folks might need to monitor their consumption).

Juul gets them to that crazy high level by using a high resistance coil and almost no wattage, so each "puff" is rather small, but some smokers do swear by the Juul, despite price, so they must be working for somebody. I gather Juul is "proprietary" in some way, and some Juul users have a hard time even with other nic salts compared to the Juul. IDK what it is....

Anna

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thank you Anna! That's very helpful to hear from someone who is actually using them. That makes sense about low wattage. It's still confusing to try and figure out how to use them for DIY liquids. I would like to try them but don't have a clue what mg/ml I should be shooting for.

oh! Congratulations on being smoke free!!!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can DIY nic salts at the same percentage (or if you are worried, maybe a 1% lower) that you usually do for regular DIY nic. I mean, keep an eye out for nic overload if you are worried, maybe make sure you don't chain vape at first. I really (like I said) haven't noticed a gigantic difference in percentages needed, though I imagine you can go higher without harshness, for those who are having trouble raising their nic.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I hope it comes back into stock for you, but wow, Patchouli Vanilla?? That has GOT to be an acquired taste, at best. What on EARTH does patchouli taste like other than cloyingly overpowering? I'm kind of interested here, though I doubt I'd make that flavor, if I could at all avoid it, but this mainly has to do with bad associations in youth, LOL, I hung around a few too many patchouli smelling misfits.

Is it really decent to vape?

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Patchouli Vanilla??

I can't tell you about Patchouli, but one of my favorite flavorings used to be Ylang-Ylang form Decadent Vapours--no longer available in the US, unfortunately.

Lori used to vape rose petals--she sent me a sample once. Wasn't bad at all. :)

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
It seems the main concern of the salts is the method of turn the salts back to liquid form. The process involves using benzoic acid which is used as a food preservative. The light throat hit and being able to use a higher nicotine level while consuming less VG/PG are my reason for trying the nic salts.

I ordered some from a Arizona company (LNW) after California suppliers wanted to charge a $30 hazmat shipping fee for anything 60mg or over.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I do like floral flavors. I also vape a Jasmine Lemonaide. But the Patchouli Vanilla I don't even taste or smell the patchouli it's so faint. But then I am one of those misfits that used to wear Patchouli all the time. Probably because my mother hated it. :) I still do like the smell. It's actually one of their most popular flavors. I recently ordered some premade Patchouli Vanilla juice and another one called Durty Hippy. LOL! I'll let ya'll know if they are any good.

The trick to florals is using VERY tiny amounts. Most of the time people don't even realize they are in there.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I well remember the smell of patchouli. They were the annoying folks in my childhood following that band, what was it that replaced the Grateful Dead? Phish? Yes, that's what it was, and they were usually unwashed and slightly incoherent, so maybe it's that. I don't mind the smell (if it's not masking dirt) and I think I got some in my mouth once, that's probably why the idea sounds terrible to me. I could see rose petals being tasty, but you can make salad out of them! IDK, I guess I'd be up for trying it. I will try (most things) once. :)

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Katya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread