8 reasons not to buy a decent RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
1. If it doesn't offer a single coil deck, don't buy.
2. If it can't easily let you plug a big (say 3.5/4mm) coil on its deck, don't buy.
3. If it can only hold less than 4ml, don't buy
4. If e-juice seeps from its side or at the bottom, don't buy.
5. If to unscrew its top cap can sometimes unscrew its chamber or base instead, don't buy.
6. If it is not easy to adjust its AFC, don't buy.
7. If it has a JFC but is not easy to adjust it, don't buy.
8. If you can't buy replacement glass for its tank nor its replacement o-ring, don't buy.

If you come across a tank that doesn't have any of the 8 mentioned problems, buy a dozen of them... quickly. :2cool:

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I bought 3.
emoji16.png

Well don't keep us in suspense.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Points 1-3 are highly subjektive and nr 5 is often user error.

1. Some people just don't need or even like single coil atties.

2. Why should I install such big coils?
Bigger doesn't mean better. At least in this case.

3. If you want a low profile tank combined with a sturdy construction, you have to sacrifice capacity or reduce the size of the chamber. And as long as it has a good and easy to use fill port, capacity isn't all that important.

5. If that happens, the tank section is not screwed in tight enough, while the topcap is screwed in too tight. So I'd rather say, don't buy a tank, where you have to screw the topcap extremely tight, to get a proper seal.

Concerning drip tips, that's subjektive as well, or at least it depends on how comfortable the proprietary drip tip is.
Some are really nice, some are merely rubbish. As long as it's good and I can get a replacement, I don't care if it's standard size or not.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Unfortunately, so far there isn't a perfect RTA...:(

e.g. Augvape Merlin MTL RTA just reviewed by DJLsb Vapes: by reason 3. and 5., so NO buy. (If they don't sell well, probably 8. will be the next reason not to buy too)

I would like to challenge every RTA designer to come up with one RTA that I can buy a dozen units, quickly.:smokie:

Last edited:

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I like the reload

My reason 2. there isn't mean I expect a good tank must always be loaded with a big coil, it simply means if a big coil can easily be plugged, a smaller one will too.

Reload's juice well reminds me on the SMOK TFV8's... I really don't like that. You always need to staff in quite an amount of cotton just to prevent leaking... man...

Reload Rta reviewed by Mike Vapes, according to Mike, this is a good RTA (I always trust him on his conclusion on tanks being reviewed). But again, according to my list, by reason 1. and 6. it is not my perfect tank to go.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Darn it. I just decided to try RTAs. Been using genisis since they were invented. Ordered a Merlin mini and an iJoy exo. lol, I guess there is still hope for the exo :). I think if they don't leak I'll be happy.
Exo gets a lot of joy around here, don't hear any complaints. Has a fan base, I'm sure you can find a thread with search.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Darn it. I just decided to try RTAs. Been using genisis since they were invented. Ordered a Merlin mini and an iJoy exo. lol, I guess there is still hope for the exo :). I think if they don't leak I'll be happy.

You very well may love both. Perfect doesn't exist but the OBS Engine Nano comes close, IMO. I don't own an Exo but haven't read a bad review yet.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You very well may love both. Perfect doesn't exist but the OBS Engine Nano comes close, IMO. I don't own an Exo but haven't read a bad review yet.
Did you get new Minikin yet?
Nano is great, looking forward to the Zeus.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The EXO RTA is a nice tank that comes with some very nice options. It's easy to build on and not hard to wick so it doesn't leak.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Cut the reload wick with scissors In the juice well and it's perfect I rewicked thinking it was my wicking causing no flavor lol but was my coil placement

Just ordered some advacado replace flat head grubs they fit the reload

Also ordered a manta bubble glass fits the reload to so now it's a custom reload with better grubs and 5 ml capacity :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread