Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Travelling on a plane: they are worried about batteries exploding and i believe (may be wrong) that they have to be in the cargo hold with checked luggage.
Someone beat me to it, but yeah they can't be in checked, must be in carry on. I carried my Reo I was using in my purse, with just a lil juice in the bottle, bottle and batt in mod. No issues at all. Soon as I got outta the airport, I was ready to vape. All other batts were packed in carry on.

Almost to St Louis :thumb: excited to see that arch.
I got to drive by it once at night with my son. So wish we coulda gone up in it. I couldn't see much as I was driving, but it was great to be able to at least see a bit of it. I totally agree with the vid at Reo HQ on the way back, that will be epic! Loving the pics!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

Liking the pics a lot Tim... keep them coming.
I would think that you know you're on the Colorado Plateau, and still will be when you go to Moab as well. That area does have high desert habitats, and those are also considered among the 'hot' desert ecosystems in the US. The high 'cold' deserts are further NW extending up through the PNW to southern Canada. But what is commonly referred to as the truest hot deserts of the SW are found within the Basin and Range Province, and it does not include any of Colorado or Eastern Utah in it's boundaries. The Mojave, Sonoran, Baja CA and Chihuahuan deserts earn their 'hot' designation with a savage vengeance most summers for months on end.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Liking the pics a lot Tim... keep them coming.
I would think that you know you're on the Colorado Plateau, and still will be when you go to Moab as well. That area does have high desert habitats, and those are also considered among the 'hot' desert ecosystems in the US. The high 'cold' deserts are further NW extending up through the PNW to southern Canada. But what is commonly referred to as the truest hot deserts of the SW are found within the Basin and Range Province, and it does not include any of Colorado or Eastern Utah in it's boundaries. The Mojave, Sonoran, Baja CA and Chihuahuan deserts earn their 'hot' designation with a savage vengeance most summers for months on end.
Yeah. The high desert has me in tears. It is so gorgeous here. I cant even believe my eyes. I now have a fascination with this type of landscape. Wish I had time for more than this and Moab, but the driving has been a killer and time is relatively short. But consider this a new infatuation with follow up trips for certain.

I plan to be here until Sunday. There are 2 enormous trail networks nearby. Then Moab for 3 days before beginning the long trek home.

1019171709_20171019195019499_20171019203659686.jpg
1019171815c_20171019203643540.jpg

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Yeah. The high desert has me in tears. It is so gorgeous here. I cant even believe my eyes. I now have a fascination with this type of landscape. Wish I had time for more than this and Moab, but the driving has been a killer and time is relatively short. But consider this a new infatuation with follow up trips for certain.

I plan to be here until Sunday. There are 2 enormous trail networks nearby. Then Moab for 3 days before beginning the long trek home.

View attachment 694643 View attachment 694645
You're making me so very homesick for the western states I came from and miss....:cry:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

View attachment 694643 View attachment 694645

If you really like what's near Fruita, CO you are in a for a much bigger surprise. You will be totally blown away when you get in the Moab area, especially if you check out some of those places I mentioned before. The vista's, extreme height's, uniqueness of the land forms, colors and pure primal ruggedness you will not soon forget. Enjoy and ride safe.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Missing updates from @Rayonati Sloth, so hope all is going well.

In the meantime, what's ahead. In just one small area where he's headed there is over 500 square miles to explore at Canyonlands NP with it's , Island in the Sky, Dead Horse Point, The Needles, Newpaper Rock, other stops with many MB trails from easy to hard.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Hello Reonauts. Yes, I am still vaping, and on Reos Mods exclusively. I just haven't been around as much lately. Once again, I am trying my equipment poll. Reos has always shown well in this poll, although last year we kinda faded a little.
Feel free to participate.

The 6th Annual Unofficial Equipment of the Year Poll

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Been riding Sloths hind end off man. The trails here are flowy and magic. Still in Fruita. But today or tomorrow Ill make it to Moab.

1021171534a_20171022091128957.jpg
Screenshot_2017-10-21-18-16-41_20171022091041084.jpg
1020171358a_20171022091018504.jpg
Screenshot_2017-10-21-18-13-47_20171022090941819.jpg
the high desert has captured my heart. Totally different kind of beauty. Northern NY, and my stomping grounds through the rest of northern NE, are such a peaceful, lush beauty. 3000 lakes in the Adirondacks. Could paddle for weeks, not as much as in parts of Canada but still pretty epic. The dense boreal forest and smell of Balsam make it my home.

But THIS. This is jaw dropping beauty. Nothing peaceful about it per se. Rugged. Open. Huge. Surreal. Staggering beauty.

I have fallen head over heels for the American west. Cant believe it took me 30 years to come out here. Then to think about exploring the rest of it...wyoming, cali, oregon, arizona, new mexico, Utah for crying out loud...

America, you are beautiful.

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Here is a shout out to Eric, the new owner of REOMODS. I had a problem with my P67 not firing so I sent it back to Eric. He fixed the problem and had it back to me inside of 7 working days. Great service and thanks again Eric.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
And Spy, thanks for your interest in my trip, and all your advice and recommendations. Im having a blast.

It's been fun to remember an area that had impact on my life many times over about 4 decades. In my case it was hiking, dirt bikes and 4X4 off road vehicles though. Some of my rides took heavy tolls on both equipment and body. One wild 4wheeling group I rode with even felt that if you didn't roll over at least once, you were not having fun.

I have no idea how technical you want to tangle. But Moab has them all, from easy to downright dangerous, even for experts. But I'm sure you did plenty of research for the trip.

Three that would probably appeal to you as they are different but all have varying levels of technical. There are many others that are easier, and far more technical.

Bartlett

Slickrock

Porcupine Rim

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Bartlett is THE reason I want to go to Moab :w00t::w00t:

Looks crazy fun and dangerous at the same time.. Not trying to sound like a wimp but how come they don't have signs posted near the edge of the cliffs where people would ride by?

Makes you wonder how many have road off by mistake?

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Looks crazy fun and dangerous at the same time.. Not trying to sound like a wimp but how come they don't have signs posted near the edge of the cliffs where people would ride by?

Makes you wonder how many have road off by mistake?
Haha, I doubt many bro, but who knows. I would expect most mtn bikers who go to a free riding zone in Utah know to be careful. Ill be careful as heck, Im not a super skilled rider by any means. Gettin decent, tho :)

Honestly many of the trails here seem way more dangerous. Im sticking to the easy and intermediate trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread