YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Coatepec, Veracruz-Llave, Mexico
Just been playing with that now, it would be nice if we could assign a different power curve to each of the M1 to M5 settings, or can we and there's something I'm missing?
Yes unfortunately I find the menu system a little cumbersome to use as well. The M settings seem to be only to store your Joules and temp setting into and work with the Eco, Soft, Standard Powerful and Powerful+ modes. When you use the SXI-Q settings the M settings are ignored as the curves you've set up will determine your Joules and temp settings. Plus the fact you have 5 SXi-Q curves to play with in each of the Configuration settings (C-modes) it gets a little confusing. What I'd like to see is the ability to select the C modes on the main screen rather than going to the menu or bluetooth app. And while you can rename the C modes on the bluetooth app the names don't show up on the mod. I use a C mode setting for each of my atomizers, and it would be awesome to have these names appear on the mod like you can do in Escribe with the profiles. Perhaps future updates will address this. Having said all that I really like the performance of the YIhi chip in temp mode. It's quite consistent and smooth.

Reactions: skiptowncat

dpr206

Oct 19, 2017
The c1,c2 ect compared to the adjust mode m1,m2 ect always confused me still don't understand the difference really, and the software needs a major up grade when compared to escribe . The main settings menu on the device could do with being white text on background as I cant read the text in the green bubbles without a magnifier, Love my G class apart from that though

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
The c1,c2 ect compared to the adjust mode m1,m2 ect always confused me still don't understand the difference really, and the software needs a major up grade when compared to escribe . The main settings menu on the device could do with being white text on background as I cant read the text in the green bubbles without a magnifier, Love my G class apart from that though
Each C, config, is its own complete set of settings for everything. So each C has 5 M settings for watts and 5 for joules. Use a different C for each atomizer, use Ms for the atty's power levels.

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Each C, config, is its own complete set of settings for everything. So each C has 5 M settings for watts and 5 for joules. Use a different C for each atomizer, use Ms for the atty's power levels.

Just to add to this, there are preheat modes associated with each C mode, the standard Eco, Soft, Powerful, etc. as well as SXi-Q modes. The SXi-Q modes (5 for each C mode) allow you to set up custom Joule and Temp. curves in Temp control mode and custom wattage curves in wattage mode. I find that these curves are fun to experiment with the get various flavours from your juices. I start my curves hotter for the first couple of seconds and then drop the temp down for the latter part of the vape. It seems to bring out different flavours quite nicely.

skiptowncat

Sep 24, 2017
Manchester UK
Just built my first coil, twin ss316l on the tvf8 getting .38 ohms but hardly any flavour at all from it.
Running 215c and 60 joules it seems to take an age to produce vapour and the flavour isn't the best (I defo have the right wire type selected), gonna play around with it a bit.
Any pointers?

Edit: seems to be picking up a bit now, maybe I didn't saturate the cotton enough before assembling. I forgot with tc you have to fire for a second or so before taking a drag so that has helped. I have just been running the stock octuple coil so I was probably expecting a bit much

Last edited:

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Just built my first coil, twin ss316l on the tvf8 getting .38 ohms but hardly any flavour at all from it.
Running 215c and 60 joules it seems to take an age to produce vapour and the flavour isn't the best (I defo have the right wire type selected), gonna play around with it a bit.
Any pointers?

Edit: seems to be picking up a bit now, maybe I didn't saturate the cotton enough before assembling. I forgot with tc you have to fire for a second or so before taking a drag so that has helped. I have just been running the stock octuple coil so I was probably expecting a bit much

Try the different preheat modes as well. These are the eco, soft standard powerful and powerful plus settings. It sounds like you need more preheat to fire up your coil...

skiptowncat

Sep 24, 2017
Manchester UK
Try the different preheat modes as well. These are the eco, soft standard powerful and powerful plus settings. It sounds like you need more preheat to fire up your coil...
Already running it in powerful+. Turned it up to 270c and its vaping a bit better, I might redo the coil with less wraps, it was 26g with 7 wraps.

Edit: 275c working a lot better, I think the fact I was just using the octuple coil previously has skewed my perceptions lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: fordski

skiptowncat

Sep 24, 2017
Manchester UK
Just noticed I'm only getting bubbles out of one of the juice windows, must only be wicking on one side. Gonna strip it down and rebuild later, done some new 9 wrap coils as well with much more even spacing.

Edit:
Running the new build now with tcr at .001 and 275c, it's a lot better but still a bit underwhelming. The flavour is good but there isn't much in the way of clouds...dare I say it's a bit too smooth?
Gonna look at some claptons next, I refuse to give up after spending a small fortune on this and a coil building kit.

Last edited:

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Just got my RGX550 today! I love this mod and the CS is top notch! (Using dna250 for n80tc now) this was surprisingly better, leaves sx500 biting the dust... but this one won't leave the house lol

Attachments

• IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread