Need Some Info From Iowa Vapors

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
First i must apologizes if this is in the wrong forum i hope the moderators move if it is. I currently live in Alabama were virtually no anti-vaping/cigarette laws i can pretty much vape wherever i want to except inside buildings were there are signs posted saying no smoking. Im moving to Iowa early next year specifically Pocahontas county and Im wondering now that vaping is considered a tobacco product does Iowas smoke free air act apply? Also I order alot of my e-Juice online are there any restrictions on that? Can I vape in public? Can I vape in my car while parked at a business? also I have no problems stealth vaping but if it is banned in public areas can you get a ticket for just having my device on me? thanks for any info

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can have a vape on your person, they're not outlawed, just subject to the same "stringent" requirements as tobacco. With that said, different cities and locales are probably going to enforce that differently, so I think Retired1 is correct as far as where and when you will be able to vape. The article I saw pretty much focused on one county-- as far as where you can vape. As far as taxation, a state can put a tax on something, as can cities and counties as well, so you'd probably want to start investigating your chosen locale and what they have done w/r/t vaping, closer to when you are going to move there, I'd think.

I don't know of anyplace that outlaws the carrying of vape equipment if you are over age (within the US, that is) but there may be penalties for vaping outside, etc.

Thank goodness Tucson is so backwards and behind on everything, (not to mention dealing with the whole immigration wall and mess) that I'm doubtful that they will be doing much with vaping too soon (I hope I haven't just cursed myself by saying that).

Stealth vaping is great... until you get caught. Don't get me wrong, I've done it myself, but I really hate it.

Anna

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I don't know of anyplace that outlaws the carrying of vape equipment if you are over age (within the US, that is) but there may be penalties for vaping outside, etc.
Louisiana does in a limited way. It is illegal to even carry vaping gear on school property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread