Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
#9 If you can't fit this coil
302lyqb.jpg

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
@hiclass - every RTA, RDTA, rda, has its own peculiarities in coil positioning and wicking. Your first time or two with any of them is probably not going to be perfect. You build, you wick, you learn. The Engine Nano has the shortest learning curve of any rba I own. I am still not sure what your issue with that RBA but just don't buy it. See, easy as pie. Me, I have no trouble with mine at all. Practice makes perfect and if you are looking for an RTA that YOU build and wick perfectly the first time, you will be looking forever. Enjoy the journey.
Thanks for your kind advice.

I don't like RDTA.
#9 If you are forced to wick it with relatively lengthy cotton, don't buy. ;)

For RDA, frankly speaking, I am attracted by a setup of "squonkable" RDA on a squonking mod. But then, I am a real lazy man, RTA is still my best choice... for gravity save my laziness.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Unfortunately, so far there isn't a perfect RTA...:(

e.g. Augvape Merlin MTL RTA just reviewed by DJLsb Vapes: by reason 3. and 5., so NO buy. (If they don't sell well, probably 8. will be the next reason not to buy too)

I would like to challenge every RTA designer to come up with one RTA that I can buy a dozen units, quickly.:smokie:

The most perfect RTA I’ve found is either the 41mm Voltrove and the 30mm Modfather RTA. If you do s challenge, put those 2 in the challenge and I think you will see them up towards the top of not at 1 and 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
The most perfect RTA I’ve found is either the 41mm Voltrove and the 30mm Modfather RTA. If you do s challenge, put those 2 in the challenge and I think you will see them up towards the top of not at 1 and 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But all my mods are too small for 30mm and above tanks.

RDTAs don't necessarily need long wicks.
They do mostly.

Reactions: Wheelin247

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
But all my mods are too small for 30mm and above tanks.

They do mostly.
Maybe a tad longer than an RDA but they can be wicked the same, the flavor of an RDA and the convenience of an RTA, virtually no leaks and easy side or drip fill.

Last edited:

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I disagree. I have 5 RDTA's and all of them are wicked to lust slightly past the deck. They all wick beautifully.

Since RDTA juice are stored below the deck, so if you wick is short, how can it reach the juice, particularly after juice level going down due to consumption?

Do you purposely and explicitly tilt your tank to let the juice go to the wick? Man... you might as well let the gravity does the work - use a RTA!

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Valid point hiclass. Tho I benched my rdta, I admit flavor was superior. RTA just works for me, perfecy fit.

Yeah it's really hard to tilt the mod every now and then. LMAO!
Hiclass should just go back to smoking cigarettes and not bother with imperfections and inconvenience of vaping.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Since RDTA juice are stored below the deck, so if you wick is short, how can it reach the juice, particularly after juice level going down due to consumption?

Do you purposely and explicitly tilt your tank to let the juice go to the wick? Man... you might as well let the gravity does the work - use a RTA!
HaHa do you vape without tilting your vape toward you:rolleyes:. If so your gonna get a crick in your neck:cry: Plus you will look pretty funny doing it:lol: Don't you naturally tilt every tank toward you when you vape, I do and this natural action feeds the wick, whether or not you have a full tank or not, plus you can just drip.

I doubt you will be able to find the perfect tank that will suit your needs or meet all of your requirements so I do wish you luck. Enjoy the hunt:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yeah it's really hard to tilt the mod every now and then. LMAO!
Hiclass should just go back to smoking cigarettes and not bother with imperfections and inconvenience of vaping.
I think hiclass has a puckish sense of humor and is enjoying himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread