8 reasons not to buy a decent RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Yeah it's really hard to tilt the mod every now and then. LMAO!
Hiclass should just go back to smoking cigarettes and not bother with imperfections and inconvenience of vaping.
Sorry, after quitting cig for more than a year... I don't think I still remember how to smoke...
#9. If the tank is labeled xxxx RDTA, don't buy. :pervy:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
My problem with rdta is I can't grab the tank to pull it out of my purse. Turned into a pita.
I tell you what i have a Mad Dog RDTA that you can hold it by the top cap and do windmills with your arm and the cap won't come off. It's actually, like a shy girl on a first date, too hard to take the top off.

Reactions: Letitia

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Too far back for me to remember being that shy. :oops: :p
I am just really content with my gear right now.
Being happy is the whole point in the long run. Truth being I have my go to setups but I like a variety. I have a couple mods/attys that rarely change. Then I have a BUNCH of mods/attys that change constantly.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have so many RTAs and two more coming, but I don't feel like recoiling the ones I have just now. Maybe soon. Two packages are arriving today, and I have no clue which ones, but I'm pleased....

Man, my new juices are great, but I guess a couple of them tipped over at some point and I can NOT read the labels anymore, I'm going by guesswork and smell. I did manage to replenish my apricot brandy and add a little coconut marshmallow (and it is, if it is what I think it is) still So Good. I never tasted any flavors like this in the B&M, but I really, really love to cook. :)

Anna

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have so many RTAs and two more coming, but I don't feel like recoiling the ones I have just now. Maybe soon. Two packages are arriving today, and I have no clue which ones, but I'm pleased....

Man, my new juices are great, but I guess a couple of them tipped over at some point and I can NOT read the labels anymore, I'm going by guesswork and smell. I did manage to replenish my apricot brandy and add a little coconut marshmallow (and it is, if it is what I think it is) still So Good. I never tasted any flavors like this in the B&M, but I really, really love to cook. :)

Anna
Great, loving to cook helps a lot in DIY.

Reactions: Letitia

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Being happy is the whole point in the long run. Truth being I have my go to setups but I like a variety. I have a couple mods/attys that rarely change. Then I have a BUNCH of mods/attys that change constantly.
I have the RTAs I like for carrying out and about and the RDTAs that I love for flavor and home use. I have a couple of RDTAs set up with different flavors but everything else is set-up 1/2 for my ADVs which is a my DIY CinnaBunny and 1/2 for my DIY Butterscotch recipe. I have 2 mods set up with RDAS for tasting I also have a variety of Subohm tanks and RTAs that I no longer use so I am going to start getting rid of those. Thinning out the herd of my leaky and never really cared for tanks. So I'm good at least until my Zeus gets delivered:D
P.S. I have 10 mods set up ready to go

Last edited:

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
1. If it doesn't offer a single coil deck, don't buy.
Could care less, I have RTA's that take single, dual and triple coils.
2. If it can't easily let you plug a big (say 3.5/4mm) coil on its deck, don't buy.
All depends on the device, I have Tanks that will only fit 1.5-2mm coils, flavor monsters up to a tank that can take 5mm gigantic coils.
3. If it can only hold less than 4ml, don't buy
All depends on if you're looking for a stealthy device or monster. I have tanks that will only hold 2ml juice and a tank that will hold 21ml.
4. If e-juice seeps from its side or at the bottom, don't buy.
Yeah that sucks, have to agree with this one
5. If to unscrew its top cap can sometimes unscrew its chamber or base instead, don't buy.
Yep, have a couple of those and I have them binned
6. If it is not easy to adjust its AFC, don't buy.
Again it all depends, I have a couple that the airflow is perfect and enjoy them.
7. If it has a JFC but is not easy to adjust it, don't buy.
Yeah agree with this one too
8. If you can't buy replacement glass for its tank nor its replacement o-ring, don't buy.
I'll add that it's wise to stock up an a few extra glass, o-rings though not really a huge deal. I've bought an assortment of differing sizes o-rings that I keep stashed away, it's a good thing to have.
If you come across a tank that doesn't have any of the 8 mentioned problems, buy a dozen of them... quickly. :2cool:

90% of what you listed is pure subjective ;)

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Cut the reload wick with scissors In the juice well and it's perfect I rewicked thinking it was my wicking causing no flavor lol but was my coil placement

Just ordered some advacado replace flat head grubs they fit the reload

Also ordered a manta bubble glass fits the reload to so now it's a custom reload with better grubs and 5 ml capacity :)
The reload is my favorite =< 25mm tank, super easy to build, wick and the flavor is the closest to an RDA that I've found. I LOVE the Reload!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I must be lucky. I started rebuilding with a Kayfun 3.1 then discovered the KFLP V2. A couple of years ago I built a list of everyone's favorite MTL tanks and ordered 8 of them. The only one I really liked was the Kayfun mini V3 clone. All the others leaked, had screwy AFC or JFC, or just didn't satisfy.

Now I'm back vaping the dual air port version of the KFLP V2. Go figure. It just works and doesn't whistle. I have 5 of those.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Glad you found something you liked, DaveP. I've got a Kayfun clone (not sure which one) ut it is leakproof and a great vape. It's giving me the feeling that over the weekend, I may try building some of my other MTL RTAs.... I sure hope my upward progression just keeps on going. I have to say, I was kinda doubtful? on the whole Kayfun thing, but this clone is making me change my mind big time...

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Glad you found something you liked, DaveP. I've got a Kayfun clone (not sure which one) ut it is leakproof and a great vape. It's giving me the feeling that over the weekend, I may try building some of my other MTL RTAs.... I sure hope my upward progression just keeps on going. I have to say, I was kinda doubtful? on the whole Kayfun thing, but this clone is making me change my mind big time...

Anna

I've had stellar results with the EHPro version of just about any atomizer.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I got the opportunity to pif a couple of good rta's I don't use. Love that someone will be enjoying them. Hoping I like Zeus as much as Nano. Will make stockpiling so simple.
For Vapocalypse stockpiling, I like to keep some mechanicals in the mix I have a Beacon that is very beginner friendly and I have a Noisy Cricket, Geekvape Karma and a Rogue. The Karma came with a nice RDTA and I keep it in the daily rotation. I pif most things to my brother as he leaves all his gear up to me to select. I also gave a lot away to people who had lost theirs due to the flooding from hurricane Harvey. I still have a lot of tanks to get rid of.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I'm not into mechs either (yet) and yet, there is a stunning mechanical mod on the classifieds that I have been repeatedly talking myself OUT of buying, as I really have no use for it other than to maybe drool on it in person. I am so not ready for a mech mod. :)

Anna
Just before I started stockpiling I told myself, rebuilding, meh too much hassle. Then on the subject of Mech's I told myself, never, ever would I touch one. Well the FDA and Deeming reg's changed all of that. I started rebuilding and found out WOW, much better flavor and vape not to mention a 1000x cheaper than buying factory coils. I started working on stockpiling and bought a mech which it's sole purpose was to be the nuclear option. Then low and behold I feel in love with them. Now I have I 4 regulated mods that I rarely ever touch and I seriously lost count of how many Mech's (think around 100). I love, love love them, much better and smoother Vape IMO.

So anyway watch out, it's a major Rabbit Hole ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread