ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
geekvape_athena_squonk_kit_with_athena_bf_rda_6.jpg
Geekvape Athena Squonk Kit with Athena BF RDA

Looks like geekvape is gonna give squonking another go. But make it a mech this time.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Anyone got one of these?

I expect it to be a pretty solid mod and a good value - it's a Geekvape product after all - but curious about actual experiences with the mod.

I found it for 66 bucks, which seems reasonable. especially if it performs well. I know I can go to youtube, but wanted to check here as well.

Reactions: stols001

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
This is one I'm planning on getting.I saw a couple of first impression videos on youtube,but they didn't even have the mod,just talking about it from info online.Last night though,I found an actual review from The Vaping Bogan,and he was impressed and said it was a really good buy.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
This is one I'm planning on getting.I saw a couple of first impression videos on youtube,but they didn't even have the mod,just talking about it from info online.Last night though,I found an actual review from The Vaping Bogan,and he was impressed and said it was a really good buy.

Yep - I saw the review by Bogan. Love his style, over-the-top hilarious. I'm hoping some folks here pick one up and post their impressions.

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
I was seriously considering buying one last night,since MyVpro is suppose to have them in stock.Got home from work this morning and the black was out of stock.Ended up ordering an Armageddon Mods squonker since a website had them on sale.I will be getting an Athena later on,as this is one sweet looking mod.If China keeps putting out stuff like the Athena and the Vandy Vapes Pulse,then it will be a sweet life for squonkers indeed.I also enjoy Bogan's reviews,he is entertaining.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Just ordered the Athena kit from Purchase Authentic Quality Vaping Devices and More-Cloudy Peak Vapes who lists the silver version as in stock. Hopefully it ships today and I have it in hand early next week.

Of all the new China squonkers hitting the market recently, this one appeals to me the most. I wish I could have ordered just the mod but the atty may be decent. If not, I have no shortage of BF attys.

edit: and I now have a tracking number.

Last edited:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Just ordered the Athena kit from Purchase Authentic Quality Vaping Devices and More-Cloudy Peak Vapes who lists the silver version as in stock. Hopefully it ships today and I have it in hand early next week.

Of all the new China squonkers hitting the market recently, this one appeals to me the most. I wish I could have ordered just the mod but the atty may be decent. If not, I have no shortage of BF attys.

edit: and I now have a tracking number.

It's on my short list of the new squonkers -- very much looking forward to hearing your impressions of it, including the atty. The atty design looks interesting.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Darn, these things are made in China, but US sellers get them in stock first.
3F still says shipping on the 25-27th.
Oh well, the frugal buyers that paid $28 (mod only) will have to wait....
That would be me. For 28 bucks I don't mind waiting but was a bit disappointed to see the date get bumped. Perhaps the pulse bf will make it to me first.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I have been using one for a week. Performance wise it's great and a very solid nice hitting squonk. However I'm not a fan of the hand feel and there is WAY to much door play IMO t that being said it's still one of my faves and the included dripper is actually quite nice.

If anyone has any questions please feel free

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Athena in the house. I really like the mod - small, light, solid. Button throw is great and the locking mechanism is on point. I'm not super thrilled with the atty but that's largely because I prefer single coils and this unit is designed for duals. It is pretty easy to build on though. This build is a dual 26AWG SS316L, 2.5mm, 10 wraps each, 0.31ohm. Hits like a beast.

Two bottles are included, one rock hard, the other silly soft. Lots of extra o-rings and post screws. Overall, a pretty nice little package. I suspect I'll buy a couple more of these mods to pair with other attys.

As the previous owner of over 60 squonk mods, many of which exceeded $400+, this thing is a winner.

tl3BhHN.jpg

4dU4wWL.jpg

ZMpFSMZ.jpg

tNSHWua.jpg

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I have been thoroughly enjoying mine ! It's not perfect I still get a bit of door movement sometimes while squonking which really pisses me off sometimes however it's a great lite package. Hell even the RDA is decent (and this is coming from a single coil RDA person) with the right build in it. I am getting a fair bit of Arcing so I am constantly CLEANING tjrjßARGHHHH but all in all it's a winner.

P.s
Can anyone else that has one let me know if they are getting arcing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread