Therion Squonker DNA75C

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Coatepec, Veracruz-Llave, Mexico
Ordered one from Elemental vape along with a Dead Rabbit. USPS shows I get it Monday. Hope it lives up to all the good reviews I have seen on them.

Interested in your impressions. I picked one last week along with 2 Dead Rabbits and I just love it. The Therion with the TC set up properly is a great vape (I have a Therion 75C non squonk as well so knew it would be good) and the Rabbit is a great dripper. Looks good on the Therion as well. I tried squonking on the COV Wraith and am a convert.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Khanninnarh

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Every time I use mine.[emoji6]
b0b8c3812698e2ba01c696fa969e6850.jpg

Sent from the future

Reactions: fordski

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
Vape Mail
IMG_0053.JPG

The Dead Rabbit was dead easy to build on. Did a single coil 26g SS, 7 wraps brought me in at a very stable .585 ohms according to Escribe. Put a theme on it that was a little easier to read. Set it at 400F, 23W with a 35W boost (I like a cool vape). and the thing is chugging right along. Good flavor not great but good. It may want a different build and I will play with that some more later. It leaked somewhere around the bottle the first day I used it and I could not figure out from where so I pulled the feed tube out of the bottle just a bit to where it keeps a little force pushing upwards where it connects to the 510 and then gave the fill ring on the bottle a bit more of a turn away from the fill position and no leaks since.

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Vape Mail
View attachment 694917

The Dead Rabbit was dead easy to build on. Did a single coil 26g SS, 7 wraps brought me in at a very stable .585 ohms according to Escribe. Put a theme on it that was a little easier to read. Set it at 400F, 23W with a 35W boost (I like a cool vape). and the thing is chugging right along. Good flavor not great but good. It may want a different build and I will play with that some more later. It leaked somewhere around the bottle the first day I used it and I could not figure out from where so I pulled the feed tube out of the bottle just a bit to where it keeps a little force pushing upwards where it connects to the 510 and then gave the fill ring on the bottle a bit more of a turn away from the fill position and no leaks since.

Congrats on the purchase. I have the same combination and quite like it. I find with the Dead Rabbit a dual coil build provides better flavour as I'm also running one on a Q mini which has a little more power and battery life to handle dual coil Clapton builds. One of the challenges with the Therion is to find a dual coil build that provides good flavour and takes into consideration battery life and power limitations on the Therion.

I got the new Entheon RDA which is a single coil build and it also works great with the Therion. Now the problem is I need a another squonker as I much prefer squonking over dripping with the dead Rabbit. The Therion BF 75C is a great device and there may be another one in my future.

Enjoy your new setup!

Dunder Mifflin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
California
I got my Therion BF, Loving it. Just a few things I already knew about. Battery life isn't great. I will have to match a good build to balance vape/power. Battery removal sucks, Such a poor design. Instead of tearing all my battery wraps, I put some painters tape on some batteries to make a little handle. It works Great.

Reactions: b.m.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I got my Therion BF, Loving it. Just a few things I already knew about. Battery life isn't great. I will have to match a good build to balance vape/power. Battery removal sucks, Such a poor design. Instead of tearing all my battery wraps, I put some painters tape on some batteries to make a little handle. It works Great.

That negative spring will break in after a while and it gets easier to remove and install the battery.

Ive not ripped a battery casing yet. Just catch the negitve base with the bottom edge of the battery and push down and you insert the top end of the battery.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Vape Mail
View attachment 694917

Looking good, congrats... I have that same model inbound but the black grip is a slightly different texture. I think my entheon or pocket d/s might be a good match. Maybe the chi-haku or the gorge... haha, good times.

I'm assuming from the design that I'll have to remove the bottle to get the battery out.
Am I mistaken?

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
Looking good, congrats... I have that same model inbound but the black grip is a slightly different texture. I think my entheon or pocket d/s might be a good match. Maybe the chi-haku or the gorge... haha, good times.

I'm assuming from the design that I'll have to remove the bottle to get the battery out.
Am I mistaken?

It does make it a lot easier to get the battey out. It's kind of a tight fit. I am charging mine with the USB port just because it's a pain to get the thing in and out.

Reactions: chohan

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
May be a bit off topic but has anyone tried playing around with the theme maker yet? Started messing around with it tonight, did not get far though. Will have to look at some to see how to set up the functions better.

View attachment 695275

Nope.. but I did download a few to test but never got around to it yet.. been busy making new ss316 alien coils for it and trying to figure out of I like temp mode or not. Haha

Would be sweet to get that one going for halloween!

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
Nope.. but I did download a few to test but never got around to it yet.. been busy making new ss316 alien coils for it and trying to figure out of I like temp mode or not. Haha

Would be sweet to get that one going for halloween!

Oh, I am really liking temp mode. Very smooth, plus I let my bottle get too low to feed juice to the wick once and vaped the thing almost dry but it did not burn, did not even scorch the wick (running rayon).

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oh, I am really liking temp mode. Very smooth, plus I let my bottle get too low to feed juice to the wick once and vaped the thing almost dry but it did not burn, did not even scorch the wick (running rayon).

That’s what I love about using temp control especially when dripping or squonking. When using Mech mods my wife was constantly burning wicks as she absentmindedly left her finger on the fire button. No more!

I also picked a theme with the wattage from the last puff displayed on the main screen. As the wick dries it’ll show a noticeable drop in wattage used to maintain the set temperature. Time to squeeze the bottle or drip some more juice in. Vape perfection!

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
May be a bit off topic but has anyone tried playing around with the theme maker yet? Started messing around with it tonight, did not get far though. Will have to look at some to see how to set up the functions better.

View attachment 695275

You may have already seen them, there’s a number of great themes for the 75C colour on the evolve site...DNA 75 Color Themes

There’s something there for everyone and of course you can tinker with...

Reactions: chohan

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
Well... put in a return request to Elemental Vape tonight. Seems mine is leaking somewhere around the 510 and the juice is getting inside the Mod. I have juice seeping up through and along the seam where the bottle door is. Between the outside metal and the battery juice bottle housing. I have checked the bottle over and over and it's bone dry. So is the tube and the bottom of the 510. Don't even want to think what the insides look like. Hopefully they honor their return policy since it's well within the 30 days since I got it.

• Informative
Reactions: Jumpin' In...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread