Lots of new squonkers - a threat to Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I'm really interested in trying out a Reo but can't justify spending the money on a new one until I've decided if mechs are for me. Can you Reo fans let me know if you hear of a pre-owned Reo that is going to be put up on the classifieds. I just got verified and after looking at the past sold items it looks like things go pretty quickly. I've subscribed to the classifieds so hopefully I'll get an email when something new posts but any type of heads up will be greatly appreciated.

Here's a good example of the perception regarding Reos. This guy portrays himself as an "expert" and rates some squonkers. A LOT of them are pure crap - yet he rates the Reo last. buy a Reo clone if you want to try one?...seriously? I had one of those and used it for about 5-minutes before I PIF'd it here. The clone is in no way a fair representation of the genuine article.

I commented about how wrong he was - but all of the other comments and questions are about the other mods. The guy is certainly entitled to his opinion, but he is a clown, and completely wrong about the Reo as I point out. I almost hate to give him any exposure by linking to his "review".

Wondering how pervasive this is?

http://www.geekayvapes.com/squonk-mod/

Yeah yeah I get it, my opinion is different from yours therefore I'm a clown. Because your opinion is the CORRECT one..

But, you don't seem to understand what an opinion is in the first place..

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Yeah yeah I get it, my opinion is different from yours therefore I'm a clown. Because your opinion is the CORRECT one..

You just keep doing what you do buddy. Your never gonna make everyone happy. I love your videos. I don't always agree with you, those times I think your a clown, but mostly I have a good time. Often you crack me up. Always I learn.

Rio zealots can be tough. I can say because of my job no single 18650 mod could ever possibly work. Now see most people would understand this is a limitation of the 18650 battery and has nothing to do with any mod. They would understand a dual 18650 or 20700 squonker would be a better choice and move on. Rio people will wade right in and try and convince you that Rio's have magical properties that will make a single 18650 last all day.

Thinking of another vape and squonk but non-Rio matter I had awhile ago. It happened and I was like WTF and Goggled it. Turned out its a very common problem that happens all the time to a huge number of people. But mention it here and the fan boi jump in a pack. Oh well TFB life goes on.

Learn the forbidden fruit and either never mention those fruits or mention them and enjoy the fall out.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

I love REO....when Rob ran the show, he set the bar. Between his excellent customer service, availability and bullet proof products, nobody could touch REO. They weren't the first bottom feeders, but they certainly put squonking on the map. I've had many reos and loved em all.
That being said, it's 2017 and there are better Mechanical squonkers available today. Some are much cheaper and some are way more expensive. Some are available and some require lists, Facebook accounts and luck. The REO isn't the first squonker I'd recommend to anyone today. There's better options. I still have a few but I don't use them very frequently. They're great mods but they need some updating if they want to stay relevant.

David R

Oct 13, 2017
Michigan
Hello everybody. I went back through and reread all of the posts. Once again, thank you to Asbestos4004 for his gracious gift to me. If you have read all of the previous posts, you will know that I have not been Squonking anywhere near as long as most of you. My first squonker was the Steam Crave Squonk device. Then due to the generosity of Asbestos4004, I own a REO. I have since received the Pulse squonker. Here is my input, all 3 do what they are suppose to do. But, the REO presents itself as a custom made mod. Something I would have never experienced if not for Asbestos4004. This mod, be it outdated, old, or however you want to describe it, sits well above the Steam Crave and Pulse. The feel, durability, and vape experience is much better than the other 2 mods. I now understand the following of the REO mods and I am happy to have been given this experience. I look forward to having the option of purchasing any new REO that might come out in the future. I have no reason to purchase another Squonking mod, nor will I in the near future. But, should REO come out with a new mod, I will try to purchase their authentic mod, because I am very impressed with their design, durability and workability that REO offers. This is my 2 cents, and I'm happy that this forum exists. Keep on vaping everybody.

You just keep doing what you do buddy. Your never gonna make everyone happy. I love your videos. I don't always agree with you, those times I think your a clown, but mostly I have a good time. Often you crack me up. Always I learn.

Rio zealots can be tough. I can say because of my job no single 18650 mod could ever possibly work. Now see most people would understand this is a limitation of the 18650 battery and has nothing to do with any mod. They would understand a dual 18650 or 20700 squonker would be a better choice and move on. Rio people will wade right in and try and convince you that Rio's have magical properties that will make a single 18650 last all day.

Thinking of another vape and squonk but non-Rio matter I had awhile ago. It happened and I was like ... and Goggled it. Turned out its a very common problem that happens all the time to a huge number of people. But mention it here and the fan boi jump in a pack. Oh well TFB life goes on.

Learn the forbidden fruit and either never mention those fruits or mention them and enjoy the fall out.

There's always a fanboy for something. Provari fanboys were the first I encountered. They told me about Provari's lifetime guarantee and that I know nothing. Funny I don't hear them anymore :)

People get attached to their products like they created it. If I'm worried about the annoying fanboys I couldn't say anything about anything..

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
There's always a fanboy for something. Provari fanboys were the first I encountered. They told me about Provari's lifetime guarantee and that I know nothing. Funny I don't hear them anymore :)

People get attached to their products like they created it. If I'm worried about the annoying fanboys I couldn't say anything about anything..
I miss cult like followings. I hope 2018 is the year we bring back the pitchfork wielding, cross burning, cult-like fanboys. Annoying as hell, but it made for some awesome ecf entertainment!

"You're just jealous because you can't afford a VooPoo drag!" "Don't hate because you couldn't scrape up the cabbage for a big baby beast v356!"

SteelDriver

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017

Just keep telling it like it is and I will watch your videos.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

Not a fanboy at all. My opinion of your review is that you are completely wrong regarding the Reo. Am I not entitled to my opinion, as you are yours?

Here's yours:
Reo Grand ($151 Authentic, $23 Clone)
The squonk mod that started it all, is now unfortunately at the bottom of my squonk mods list.

The price has not gone down over the years. For what you pay you get nothing close to the features, quality or reliability as any of the other mods in this list. The Reo is a mechanical mod, so at least you don’t have to worry about the chipset dying or acting up.

It has a head-mounted firing button and uses a single 18650battery. The Reo can fit many different bottles up to 8.5ml, and has parts ready for you to customize or replace. As long at the owner stays in business, you are in business.

If you want to get a taste of “the good old days” of squonking, then getting a Reo Grand in your collection is a must. You can get a clone for $23. Respect to a small manufacturer who did something significant for the vape community, before the large corporations took over.

To say the the Reo lacks quality and is not reliable compared to some of the garbage on your list is objectively NOT true, whether you are a fan or not. There is no opinion clouding that statement. Did you bother to watch the video by Super_X_Drifter? I'll bet you have never even held a Reo in your hand.

...and BTW, not everyone that disagrees with you is a "fanboy".

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

Apparently I struck a nerve - it appears you joined just to defend yourself, after getting the requisite number of posts in the New Member forum.

As to the "clown" comment - it was intended to be a harsh criticism of your review, and probably a poor choice of words - for that I apologize.

But, clearly, you don't have any experience with a Reo (ie, never owned one), and therefore your "opinion" is either based on the clone (which you recommend) or pure conjecture altogether, which destroys your credibility.

Not a good way to inspire confidence and trust among your subscribers...unless they don't care...which I'm pretty sure would make them the definition of "fanbois".

Last edited:

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I miss cult like followings. I hope 2018 is the year we bring back the pitchfork wielding, cross burning, cult-like fanboys. Annoying as hell, but it made for some awesome ecf entertainment!

"You're just jealous because you can't afford a VooPoo drag!" "Don't hate because you couldn't scrape up the cabbage for a big baby beast v356!"
I pity anyone who could possibly be a fanboy of anything Smok related.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Hello everybody. I went back through and reread all of the posts. Once again, thank you to Asbestos4004 for his gracious gift to me. Here is my input, all 3 do what they are suppose to do. But, the REO presents itself as a custom made mod. Something I would have never experienced if not for Asbestos4004. This mod, be it outdated, old, or however you want to describe it, sits well above the Steam Crave and Pulse. The feel, durability, and vape experience is much better than the other 2 mods. I now understand the following of the REO mods and I am happy to have been given this experience.

Kudos to Asbestos4004 <salute>
And kudos to you for the level of your appreciation.

I have 7 (and others) of the squonkers that Puffon listed and use them all. Also a reo that I have used every night at work for the past 5 years. This is a blue collar job, 12hr night shifts. Quite a few accidental drops to the concrete for the reo over the years but it still vapes like the day I bought it. Lots of things the reo ain't, but one thing it is for sure... durable and dependable.

These days, we're in the Golden Age of bottom feeders. Just squonk whatever you own and enjoy.

cheers

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
In a way fanboys are good to see as they are passionate about a product. It does become tiresome when the answer to any question is the product they support. There was a recent thread where someone asked about a mech mod and someone suggested a Reo. They weren’t even asking about squonking, yet the ‘answer’ was a Reo apparently. That’s when it gets annoying. We had similar with the Provari. I wouldn’t even mind but I don’t even rate either of those products personally.

• Agree
Reactions: chohan

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY

When I joined 3 years ago it was the tail end of Provari's and Rio but they still had a little fight left in them.

If I read the forum before work and a thread had 3 replies and I came home from work and it had 30 pages I'd make up some popcorn and grab a couple pops and enjoy some great reading.

Nobody has any passion anymore.(sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread