Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
And it's MONDAY! Our entire retaining wall just landslided into the road and a good portion of our yard with it...

Hubby is out there with a shovel and we are waiting on help to come clear this so people can drive down the road. .

This week.. build a new retaining wall if it stops raining. .

Dang Monday's suck..

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
And it's MONDAY! Our entire retaining wall just landslided into the road and a good portion of our yard with it...

Hubby is out there with a shovel and we are waiting on help to come clear this so people can drive down the road. .

Dang Monday's suck..
Dang. I'm sorry to hear that Opin. What a mess.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Dang Monday's suck..
It's always sumthin'.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Opinionated, sorry about the retaining wall and yard. That does stink alright.

LA, I read IT a very long time ago. It isn't fresh on my mind. I never enjoyed that book. Stephen King used to be my favorite author when I was young, until my late 20's. The older stuff he wrote that they turned into movies just hasn't impressed me much. I saw 1922 on Netflix. It stunk. I didn't like it. I am sure King has another good story or two in him at least. But only time will tell on that.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
How high / long was the retaining wall ? Will the county have to bring in it's equipment ?

Stephen King was brilliant in the '70s and 80's, but after Pet Cemetery it just seemed more commercial than creative. The Stand may have been his 'Zenith".

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
OK, here's one I have never seen (or heard). The power went out for a split second. Knocked out the TV but it turned my receiver on. I haven't had that receiver on for two years. The power goes out and the receiver comes on. :blink: I didn't even know it was plugged in.

Maybe it's not. :shock:

Better check. :cry:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
OK, here's one I have never seen (or heard). The power went out for a split second. Knocked out the TV but it turned my receiver on. I haven't had that receiver on for two years. The power goes out and the receiver comes on. :blink: I didn't even know it was plugged in.

Maybe it's not. :shock:

Better check. :cry:

Who you gonna call?!? Ghostbusters! :lol:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Papaw, The Stand was his best work in my opinion. I am glad you mentioned that. The mini series they did wasn't bad, but it did not compare to the book. If y'all have not read that book, please do so. It was amazing. I could not put it down. I think I read the whole thing in about a day and a half or so. I was sad when it was finished, because I did not want it to be over. LOVED IT. Salem's Lot to this day was one of the scariest books I've ever read. I may not like it as much now, but it scared me when I was young. None of the movies compared to his books. Christine wasn't a bad movie. The movie Cujo was pretty good though, except the end. I was mad they changed the ending, really mad. Back when I read Carrie and Salem's Lot, I bought every book put out by Stephen King. By the 90's his books just didn't do it for me anymore. I stopped buying them.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
True story:

My senior year of HS in my theater class. I get to class and had forgotten that we were supposed to prepare a monologue. Naturally, the teacher called on me as one of the first to perform my (non-existent) monologue :facepalm:

I was avidly reading "Salem's Lot" at the time. I went up on the stage and completely improvised the scene from the book where the priest is confronted by the vampire. I really got into it. I ended the monologue with the priest raising his cross and shouting "God darn you!!!" (except I didn't say darn)

A buddy in the class teased me with that ending line for the rest of the year. But, hey, I got an A+ from the teacher! :)

Users who are viewing this thread