Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm now getting a little back wash from the wick (juice discoloration from the wick draining back into the tank) after I re-coiled with a 3.5mm coil I.D. and put in a "comfortably loose" wick, instead of the "normal tight" wick I usually do. This is the first time I have noticed any back wash and juice discoloration in a build I did on either my 25mm Siren or my 22mm. No biggie though, it just never happened to me before with the Siren (this happens ALL the time to me with my SkyLine). So it must stem from a slightly loose wick in the coil ??

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yea, I don't know if the innovations are that big of a step up to dump the V1 for the V2 though (from what I have read, they have a different top juice fill, and changed the looks somewhat). With the wicking cutouts being the same size, I would guess that a 3.5mm or bigger coil I.D. is necessary to keep seepage to a minimum, just a wild guess though.;) If the wicking cutouts are truly 5mm on the V2 (typo's and old spec's being listed, aside) that would be a shame, as Digiflavor could have gone and machined a New deck with 4mm or even 3mm wicking cutouts instead, I mean, using a 2.5mm or even 3mm coil I.D. is challenging to get enough Cotton (let alone Rayon) in there so as to keep it from seeping, or outright leaking from around the air flow ring.

I actually have little desire to get a new Siren (2) simply for aesthetics and a new top fill. I do agree tho, that keeping the wick cutouts at such an 'extreme' size did them (and US) no favors.

No tank should be this challenging.

My 27c.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I hope that means that "I get a Cookie" ??;) Oh wait, you already sent me a "Werther'S".:thumbs:

upload_2017-10-23_20-25-5.jpeg

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just got done giving my New "Berserker a 'US' cleaning and installing the Big tank and chimney. I spun up a 2.5mm 28g. Kanthal A-1 Annealed, Spaced coil, with a 5mm wide slice of KGD and filled it with my ADV Menthol/Mint (so I can directly compare the flavor with my 22mm Siren running the same juice). I have it on my HΩ Slice running @ 93°C, xxx Mode, FSK of 5.0, @ 10 Watts/3.3 Volts, 6 wraps @ 1.14Ω. Right now I have it opened to the Biggest air hole and Like it very much. I'm Pleasantly Surprised !!!:thumbs: The Draw is Perfect !! I will need a few re-fills before I give it my Seal of Approval though.

The "Berserker" is a couple mm's shorter than the Coppervape Hussar with a Micro tank and finned top cap with the same length drip tip installed , and the Hussar w/Micro Tank holds 3.2ml's (measured), but with the "Berserker" I have just put a full 5ml (measured) into it (I top filled). WoW again !! I measured the air tube opening under the coil and got 1.45mm, so it is for MTL only. The largest air hole open on the "Berserker" is comparable to the smallest air hole half opened on the Siren. The flavor (I have vaped only half a tank at this point) I get from the "Berserker" is very, very close to what I get from my Siren (with the same juice) but, I think my Siren still gives a very slight added "Crispness" to my Menthol/Mint mix. The "Berserker" wins hands down on vapor production over my Sirens though (set up with the same air settings, and all other settings equal).

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I just got done giving my New "Berserker a 'US' cleaning and installing the Big tank and chimney. I spun up a 2.5mm 28g. Kanthal A-1 Annealed, Spaced coil, with a 5mm wide slice of KGD and filled it with my ADV Menthol/Mint (so I can directly compare the flavor with my 22mm Siren running the same juice). I have it on my HΩ Slice running @ 93°C, xxx Mode, FSK of 5.0, @ 10 Watts/3.3 Volts, 6 wraps @ 1.14Ω. Right now I have it opened to the Biggest air hole and Like it very much. I'm Pleasantly Surprised !!!:thumbs: The Draw is Perfect !! I will need a few re-fills before I give it my Seal of Approval though.

The "Berserker" is a couple mm's shorter than the Coppervape Hussar with a Micro tank and finned top cap with the same length drip tip installed , and the Hussar w/Micro Tank holds 3.2ml's (measured), but with the "Berserker" I have just put a full 5ml (measured) into it (I top filled). WoW again !! I measured the air tube opening under the coil and got 1.45mm, so it is for MTL only. The largest air hole open on the "Berserker" is comparable to the smallest air hole half opened on the Siren. The flavor (I have vaped only half a tank at this point) I get from the "Berserker" is very, very close to what I get from my Siren (with the same juice) but, I think my Siren still gives a very slight added "Crispness" to my Menthol/Mint mix. The "Berserker" wins hands down on vapor production over my Sirens though (set up with the same air settings, and all other settings equal).

Berserker is a great MTL tank, but one major con, it gurgles/leaks when refilled, due to no juice control, but I bottom fill mine, which solves the problem and actually get more capacity when bottom filling, but of course is a bit more hassle to fill though.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Perhaps (maybe?) by now you guys know that tech is involved and these are just glitches. It's been amazingly FUN to try to read posts.

:faceapalm:

Yea RIGHT Kat. This coming from the Girl that has her own language, Kat-an-ese ;). Of course you find it fun, your Bi-Lingual :thumbs:. Me on the other hand, still have trouble with the English language after all these years, and that's my one and only language. Some dayz I have to reed the same sentense 3 timz befor I git it riit, then this siit thros in numbrs to cornfus me even mor, [61735988200419076015398247*&&%=a very big numbr].:rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Reactions: ChelsB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread