Bad taste from a brand new ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyh808

Oct 24, 2017
So im quite new to vaping. A momth ago i purchased a cheap vivid starter kit in attempt to stop smoking, it did the job until the battery stopped working. Today i went to a local vape bar to get a reccomendation for a decent mid range ecig. I ended up buying an endura t22 kit that came with a spare coil, mouthpieces and three liquids. It was working fine until earlier when i started to get a bad taste, it tasted burnt and im assuming it was a problem with the coil, however the coil was properly primed in the shop by the man who sold it (im assuming) i havent overused it or held down the button for too long when taking a hit. I tried replacing the coil and priming it the same way, soaking the outer holes with oil and adding a few drops into the coil itself, this hasnt worked and im still left with this bad taste. I figured i could be the liquid and wasted around half a tank to try another but still the same, can anyone help with this as to what the issue might be

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Welcome Danny. I hope we can help you out so that you don't have to spend a lifetime smoking like many of us here.

The T22 gotta be different and maybe more difficult to prime than other tanks. But it is still a great starter kit that many are very happy with and have few if any problems.

Until experienced t22 users get here maybe you can use our good search feature, Google, or YouTube.

GL and hang in there!

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    I use T22's pretty regularly...Just curious but how long did you let the tank sit with juice in it before trying to take a hit ? Did you take a "Dry/Unpowered Hit" or 2 before applying the power ?...It sounds like the cotton is getting burnt...Only other thought would be the juice itself...Is it a Name Brand ?

EDIT: PS...That's A Great Vid Above ^^^

Last edited:

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
    Oct 17, 2017
    Buttons can be unknowingly pressed in the pocket if not locked. And burnt coil can ruin your juice and tank so dump the juice and rinse the tank. After priming the coils try small hits to let the heat of the coil pull the juice into the wicks before full draws. Don't let it discourage you. Ive vaped a few years and I still fry coils. For me i usauly dont check my juice level and take a big ol dry hit and that's all it takes.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    If the coil is burned tasting, the coil will need to be replaced. Once burned, that taste won't go away no matter what you do. As mentioned, that taste is probably in the juice now too if the coil was burned bad enough. A wet T22 coil won't burn. It got dry some reason some how. Chain vaping, pushing the button inadvertently, faulty coil, stuck fire button. Any number of reasons why it burned. Usually operator error but not always. Since it's new and purchased locally, take it back and have it checked out, Danny.

Last edited:

Dannyh808

Oct 24, 2017
    Thanks for the welcome, i did take some hits without the button pressed and after changing the coil, i allowed the tank to sit half full for around 10 mins, i checked other places first before attempting to change it as i wondered if it may have been another problem. Ive just woke up and tried 2 hits and the taste doesnt seem to be there so maybe it needed to soak longer, i did use the vape yesterday after it was very low on juice aswell so perhaps thats the problem. Anyway, ill check out the vid and thanks for the help

Dannyh808

Oct 24, 2017
    Oh another note, the juice brand is malonay phoenix, ive been using the gummy beas and rainbow candy. Ive woke up with a bit of a tickly sore throat, nothing major. Is this to be expcected maybe after using a burnt or unprimed coil, or even changing to a much stronger kit. And can anyone reccomend a good place to bulk buy t22 coils for a good price

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    A couple things: Smaller tanks are happier when not almost empty, especially on fixed wattage. Temp will rise, and the coil will burn. I'd say top up your juice when your tank is half empty.

Second, was the tank washed prior to use? Some of that taste might be machining oil, which is not great taste. You may need to thoroughly soak and clean your tank (you'd be doing it after a burnt coil anyway).

Sounds like you are priming correctly, and the juice you have COULD be contributing to the prematurely burning coil-- some darker or sweeter juices (or anything NET related) tend to gunk coils sooner and faster than some of the less sweet or clear juices. High VG can also gunk coils more quickly. If you have really sweet or dark juices, running them in an RTA is going to be best in terms of the coil life and costs.

If everything is going well today, just pay attention to if you are chain vaping (will cause higher temps in the tank, leading to possible coil burning) and keeping your tank well filled. With the smaller tanks, inhaling a second or two AFTER you stop hitting the fire button can also wick juice up consistently into your tank, it may be a good habit to get into.

Best of luck. :)

Anna

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Great...Glad you got it sorted out...It does sound like you're priming OK but normally on a new coil I fill the tank 100% then wait a full 10 mins and take a few dry hits...Also, I don't let the tank run any lower than the top of the bottom wicking hole...Usually between the 1st & 2nd hole I re-fill...

FastTech is dirt cheap on the coils and they do have every color of the T18 & T22 tanks...Slow shipping though !!!
    $6.52 Authentic Innokin Endura T18 Coil Head (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    $11.39 Authentic Innokin Prism T22 Tank Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 1.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    Your next best price is probably MyFreedomSmokes...Less than FT on the tanks but there is shipping under $75...

• Useful
    Reactions: Letitia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread