Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Na, don't need it. Let someone who will appreciate it win. Many contests lately are for stuff I won't use, unlike past contests I do use the items I won! I was actually pretty lucky and don't need to push my luck (and time) for something I won't use.

I peeked in .. I'm still using the "Old School" gear .. no real interest in changing .. :)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Oh,meant to add, been traveling all day so just catching up now. Geesh, not using my right hand much my nails are getting long and it's hard to type (although I can type with my right hand now, just hit the space bar with my left thumb) :eek::confused::rolleyes:

People pay good money for those nails .. ;) .. you're getting them for free .. :)

For the life of me, I've never really understood how Women with long nails can function doing certain tasks .. I guess they just get used to it ..

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Old school here too, maybe not as old school as you, but I still use EVODs and such... :)

I never understood how women could function with long, curly nails! I like to keep them shorter cuz of my work (which is not happening much right now) and working with the dogs. Easy to snap off a long nail (ouch!!) while training (not withstanding getting one bitten off!). Actually, I am happier loosing part of my thumb than if Tasha had died because I couldn't save her. Thanks to my skilled hand Doctor, I will be more functional than I ever dreamed I would be! Once healed, I will be back to my regular work.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I'm here too...just haven't been posting.
Had a very full day of work, caught the last half of a movie I love (Finding Neverland).
I can't enter that contest :(
I once got some $$ credit from Voltville for participating in an advertising scheme. Entered one contest once. Not interested in the latest and greatest, which is what the prizes are-- wouldn't know the first thing about TC and all that stuff.

Glad you are still working.

I walked to the library and a store and walked home. A real victory!! Got another two Ruth Rendell books. Was excited to discover that one of the new ones was a continuation of one of the ones I had already read. How they unravel the mystery of what had happened in the first book. I refuse to look ahead to see if they find Francine. :cool:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Bea, speaking for the Collective, we hope you stay more than a while .. .. :)

Welcome to the young at heart,Bea:)

Thank you :)
IMG_3301.JPG

BEA!!! Welcome! Please stick around cuz this is a great place to hang out!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Got another two Ruth Rendell books. Was excited to discover that one of the new ones was a continuation of one of the ones I had already read. How they unravel the mystery of what had happened in the first book. I refuse to look ahead to see if they find Francine. :cool:
Never read that author but Greg Iles did that with his Nachez Burning trilogy. Excellent books! And @DancingHeretik they are all available on the Overdrive!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
People pay good money for those nails .. ;) .. you're getting them for free .. :)

For the life of me, I've never really understood how Women with long nails can function doing certain tasks .. I guess they just get used to it ..
In another life I had half inch long nails! That was before my gardening years and my wildlife rehabilitation years.

You use knucles to do stuff so you don't break them. That was before fiberglass fakes that apparently don't break as easily.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I used to keep 1/2" long acrylics. Now, pffft...I don't even have a bottle of polish
Polish weakens my nails. Anything, except nourishing my nails with oil daily, weakens them. I use gloves to wash dishes, but still they crack. There was a time when I spent great amounts of time with glue-on nails-- library people said what is it about nails with you-- that is not your personality-- my response-- anger. Sharp nails with which to defend myself.

I have bunches of polish. The last time I got one out was to mark the right length for my adjustable hiking poles. :lol:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hi everybody! My first post here although I see many familiar faces. I've pretty much read most posts from the beginning and it seems to fit my beliefs and opinions really well. So if it's ok I might stay a while.

Anyway I wanted to tell you Dancing that until you get your Kindle you can download it on your PC. I have several thousand books on my ipad's Kindle. I haven't read a paper book in years. Like you said it's nice to have them with you and can choose which one to read anytime.

If your local library doesn't offer the Overdrive (ebook library) check with cities/towns close by to see if they do. My local library does not offer it but another town about 1/2 hour away does. All I had to do is go over and get their library card to join the Overdrive.

I've borrowed most of my favorite authors' books that way. All of the Grisham, Iles, Connelly, Penman and more. And they have many books as audiobooks too.

Another free online library is Welcome to Open Library | Open Library All you have to do is open an account.

And then there is the Project Gutenberg (Project Gutenberg). That group offers free ebooks whose copyright has expired. I had such fun reading some old cookbooks...the things they ate and the way they cooked them is unreal. And that group is near and dear to my heart...I am a volunteer proofreader for their ebooks.

Hi bea, welcome to the misfits.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well ... drove to VA yesterday and today came back home w/ Janet. It's nice knowing Katie, Brian and Hux are only a 3 hour drive away instead of 2000 miles. We can count the time till our next visit in weeks and not months.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I forgot...I do have a bottle of green polish for 'fixing' nicks on batteries before they become tears.
The horrid green is so it shows up really good and I can keep an eye on things.
Better than transparent tape. Will try that, lucky I don't have green, all my batteries are green except my button-tops.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I forgot...I do have a bottle of green polish for 'fixing' nicks on batteries before they become tears.
The horrid green is so it shows up really good and I can keep an eye on things.
I kind of out grew the purple I wore! :rolleyes::lol:

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
I've been nursing boo boos today. Yesterday out in the back yard I found a hole :cry: the hard way. I rolled my ankle and went down hard :censored:. Thank goodness we have been having rain as of late and the ground has softened up. Ankle is fine but pulled something in the top of my left foot, both knees bruised, a sore left wrist and right elbow. My back is a bit unhappy too. The good part is I am such a klutz that I have learned from experience just to cover my face and don't try to break the fall (that's how things get torn and bones get broken). Hubs has decided :blink: it might be a good idea to see about getting a scoop of fill dirt and start filling in some of the holes in the yard. (something I suggested to him last spring):glare:

Users who are viewing this thread