Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So has any one had any problems of the fire button , funny thing mine was fine had a conversation last week with someone on another thread with similar problem , mine well keep locking up fire it half way through its locked says 5clicks unlock ?? Then goes off nada wont turn on mess About a few minutes comes on fires then same again it just started doing this last night reset firmware on escribe worked for 20mins then started again sigh , so had a look inside , its got a board on pins on another board 2 usb ports internally mines the chrome VT 75 Original version fits both size cells 26650 - 18650 , found it strange having 2 usb ports when opened up and 2 boards , do dna 75 have a double board ones ive seen for diy are usually just a single board like a 200
Mine are all fine so far.. Have you tried cleaning under the 510.plate? That seems to resolve some issues that we've seen...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Katdarling

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Mine are all fine so far.. Have you tried cleaning under the 510.plate? That seems to resolve some issues that we've seen...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes cleaned everywhere ,
on it when stripped the C frame off twice , its a sealed 510 everything above below was already clean ,
I did try that on first dismantling last night read it elsewhere as well, took apart today an working now so who knows ? What ever it was caused it to keep locking up,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DPLongo22

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
I'll order a different battery - can you believe I've only used VTC4's in it?! Worth a try! Thanks for your post!

Update on my beautiful (battery threads stripped?) 8 mos old nano: So tried Samsungs and still no luck. I had an old (1980 - ha!) electric heating pad, so I stripped the cord and took out several very very tiny copper filaments from inside the cord. It's an unconventional fix, but dropping the ends of a couple of them just down to bottom of the threads, then screwing in the battery cap and dang! Only used 2 of the tiny filaments, but cap held for over a week, charging Nano with the provided USB cord. Cap finally came loose this morning, so this time I used about 4 of the tiny filaments - the trickiest part was getting the battery cap completely flat so it screwed in straight. So am able to use my nano for longer and I am thrilled. I may get a new battery, test it out, then put however many it takes (5-7??) of the tiny filaments in, so it holds for a really long time, but can be unscrewed when battery poops out and a new one is put in. It really didn't take more than 5 minutes of my time each time.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Yes cleaned everywhere ,
on it when stripped the C frame off twice , its a sealed 510 everything above below was already clean ,
I did try that on first dismantling last night read it elsewhere as well, took apart today an working now so who knows ? What ever it was caused it to keep locking up,

Now its autofiring , something totally screwed up now , so spoke to annie at Hcigar said mail it back to china , [emoji33], shipping from UK track is not cheap at all ,

so now just sat on a shelf ,
Maybe pick up a board sometime and try a single dna 75 board swap , at some point ,

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Sorry, benley. :(
Being a strange double board soldered together makes it harder to check everything ,
If was a single board would of been easy to desolder out and ship evolve ,

At least my other one still works for now , and C1D2 +
New VT75C ,
I just ordered the VapeCige 75c 2 cell , wonder if one side could be Sqounker able hmm ,

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Being a strange double board soldered together makes it harder to check everything ,
If was a single board would of been easy to desolder out and ship evolve ,

At least my other one still works for now , and C1D2 +
New VT75C ,
I just ordered the VapeCige 75c 2 cell , wonder if one side could be Sqounker able hmm ,
Here look ,

Screen never turns off due to it keep firing , reflashed firmware works 5 mins then happens again so yeah rip
off the daily cycle now ,

Im still Awaiting the yellow VT inbox 75 Sqounker to arrive

barneydale

Jan 1, 2014
taylor mi
That's a good bet. Being able to do any damage to a battery door just by using it, is POOR, design and manufacturing. I like everything else about the mod. For $85.00, doubt I'll get another one, the SDNA75 can be had for almost half the price, same DNA75 board. Only problem, I already have 4, wish there were some other small DNA75 mods to look at. :(
You want a small DNA 75 check out the sbody macro dna75 with removable 18650. Smallest dna75. I had the nano and that battery cap sucks yet here I am thinking of getting another one in orange for $49. I figure it's the best looking dna75 and I'll just naalox it and be super careful and maybe it'll be ok. Why hasn't anyone figured out a fix for this like they did the Sx mini battery caps?

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Got a striped paint C1D2 VapeDroid perfect sized mod fits both 18650 + 26650s , but tbh loving the new VapeCige Creator DNA 75 C smaller than orignal VT 75 (not nano ) but gits 2 cells and comes with 30mm 510 , gotta say its nice paint work glossy and works flawlessly.
Heres my 75w mods
With 22mm single coil RTA,s on top
f3d4aeb593b40ccfed8e8ee1c66c32ae.jpg
89ecfe08a7c3983c25f0eeca5f22f02c.jpg
cc966ff990251557e13e53b89a0d20e8.jpg
08be917abe92a76f1f8da90b935373d6.jpg
8314f5e0f192fbb0053a0210f41b2f2c.jpg

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Why hasn't anyone figured out a fix for this like they did the Sx mini battery caps?

LOVE that little handle for the SX mini battery cap! And YES, it would be SUCH a pleasure if the Nano had one.

My red one is the problem child. My black one has no issues with the battery cap. Odd, but others have reported the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread