Where did it go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson!

Sep 22, 2017
Hi all

Started vaping 3 months ago on a T22 then onto the AL85 baby beast and now on the Aspire Speeder.

Damn if vaping on the last two feels like the flavour is gone and it tastes a lot like dry plastic kind of taste. Kind of tastes like that, it’s hard to explain, maybe soapy water with a little flavour is probably more accurate.

I’ve googled vape tongue or whatever it’s called and maybe it’s that but it feels like it’s across most of my juices.

Example; I was in love with Vapoureyes Momos Milk and All Day Breakfast, now they, and others just taste mostly like flavourless juice.

Maybe I’ve gotten used to this and need a mod that’s less in high watts and big clouds and more on intense flavours.

Weird, and keen to work out what the hell is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd think if it's across all your juices, it may be vaper's tongue and it's around the right time for it. If you search for "vaper's tongue" on ECF, you will find all sorts of remedies. Hopefully something will help but the main things to do include: citrus (some people suck on lemon zest) strong flavors like cinnamon, menthol etc. are sometimes easier to taste, gargle, rinse with salt water, and a tongue scraper are some of the remedies but there are many more.

Some people vape unflavored for a few days so they aren't "expecting" flavor and being disappointed.

The good news is, it will pass. It may or may not pass quicker if you use some of the remedies for it, but it WILL pass.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If it's not vapers tongue, the problem is not the mod. The tank is what you'll want to replace. Using rba for Smok BB will give much better flavor then drop in coils or you could try a mtl or restricted lung hit tank. Good luck, hope you get your flavor back.

Wilson!

Sep 22, 2017
Thanks guys.

I’ll try vapers tongue remedies again.

I've got and tried various tanks on both mods, Wotofo sub flow, NRG mini (I have 3 or so) standard baby beast. I alternate flavours easily this way. These are all meant to be flavoursome tanks

I've varied the airflow and go to spot now is half closed.

My local shop said keep power at around 45 for maximum flavour but I either do that or go up and down a bit, it's a bit spontaneous.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi all

Started Vaping 3 months ago on a T22 then onto the AL85 baby beast and now on the Aspire Speeder.

Damn if Vaping on the last two feels like the flavour is gone and it tastes a lot like dry plastic kind of taste. Kind of tastes like that, it’s hard to explain, maybe soapy water with a little flavour is probably more accurate.

I’ve googled vape tongue or whatever it’s called and maybe it’s that but it feels like it’s across most of my juices.

Example; I was in love with Vapoureyes Momos Milk and All Day Breakfast, now they, and others just taste mostly like flavourless juice.

Maybe I’ve gotten used to this and need a mod that’s less in high watts and big clouds and more on intense flavours.

Weird, and keen to work out what the hell is going on.

Break out the T22 and see if you get your flavour back.
If so...It's the OTHER tanks/coils.

cheers
I

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I am thinking along the same lines as @Izan. Take the same flavors that are currently tasteless in the new tanks, and try them in your old gear. If they still are tasteless in the old equipment; it could be vaper's tongue. IF the e-liquid has flavor once again, I would be skeptical that vaper's tongue is the culprit, and be more inclined to look at the new tanks and set-ups.

My own personal experience, as I progressed to newer, higher-tech, lower-ohm, tanks; was that the flavor became more difficult to dial in. Excess heat, and high volumes of air, just don't seem condusive to positive flavor production... for me. It may be beneficial for cloud production; but it sure didn't seem to enhance taste.

I did find that, by lowering power and closing down airflow, I could get more flavor than if I had the power cranked and the airflow wide open. Also, putting a higher ohm coil (as close to 1 ohm, or even greater, as I can get to work), helped with the lower powered builds.

Now this may not be the case for you, or anyone else, for that matter; but it is what worked for me. My vaping journey has taken me away from "chucking clouds," and is now focusing solely on flavor. And, in that pursuit, I am finding myself leaving the big airy multi-coiled high-powered "direct-to-lung" tanks, and being drawn to the more compact single-coil tighter airflow "mouth-to-lung" style tanks. Again for me, this is (for the moment) seeming to provide better flavor, with less juice consumption, than any of my earlier "cloud" tanks.

Now... with all that said; because I am not familiar with Aspire Speeder (BTW: Speeder is the mod; and Athos is the tank, if you purchased the "Speeder kit"), I looked at Aspire's wbsite, and found this:
upload_2017-10-23_18-51-33.png

(Source: Aspire website)

So, reading that, it is possible you are using too little power; especially if you have been following the advice of your local vape shop (45 watts(?) I think you said).
Whatever the cause is; I hope you are able to figure it out. :toast:

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Vapors tongue. I had a guy making me this really good strawberry cream and after a few months it started tasting like nothing. I told him he messed up on the recipe. I used lemon juice and had to set that juice aside for about a week. I dont know if it happens to everyone or if its from to much of one flavor but it never happened again. Plus i try to switch up flavors more often whether they're my favorites or not.

Wilson!

Sep 22, 2017
I am thinking along the same lines as @Izan. Take the same flavors that are currently tasteless in the new tanks, and try them in your old gear. If they still are tasteless in the old equipment; it could be vaper's tongue. IF the e-liquid has flavor once again, I would be skeptical that vaper's tongue is the culprit, and be more inclined to look at the new tanks and set-ups.

My own personal experience, as I progressed to newer, higher-tech, lower-ohm, tanks; was that the flavor became more difficult to dial in. Excess heat, and high volumes of air, just don't seem condusive to positive flavor production... for me. It may be beneficial for cloud production; but it sure didn't seem to enhance taste.

I did find that, by lowering power and closing down airflow, I could get more flavor than if I had the power cranked and the airflow wide open. Also, putting a higher ohm coil (as close to 1 ohm, or even greater, as I can get to work), helped with the lower powered builds.

Now this may not be the case for you, or anyone else, for that matter; but it is what worked for me. My vaping journey has taken me away from "chucking clouds," and is now focusing solely on flavor. And, in that pursuit, I am finding myself leaving the big airy multi-coiled high-powered "direct-to-lung" tanks, and being drawn to the more compact single-coil tighter airflow "mouth-to-lung" style tanks. Again for me, this is (for the moment) seeming to provide better flavor, with less juice consumption, than any of my earlier "cloud" tanks.

Now... with all that said; because I am not familiar with Aspire Speeder (BTW: Speeder is the mod; and Athos is the tank, if you purchased the "Speeder kit"), I looked at Aspire's wbsite, and found this:
View attachment 695483
(Source: Aspire website)

So, reading that, it is possible you are using too little power; especially if you have been following the advice of your local vape shop (45 watts(?) I think you said).
Whatever the cause is; I hope you are able to figure it out. :toast:

Thanks mate I’ve gone back to the T22 today and the flavour seems to improve though the right draw is a little too tight to really enjoy.

I might look for an alternative step up from the T22 to tick both boxes.

Thanks for he speeder research too, I have actually been using the recommended wattage generally with those.

Funnily enough I had a cheap and cheerful Vecco Solo I enjoyed using before I lost it at the pub so I might grab another and try that out.

It seemed to sit in between a T22 style and a powerful air driven speeder.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thanks mate I’ve gone back to the T22 today and the flavour seems to improve though the right draw is a little too tight to really enjoy.
That, to me, says your lack of flavor is due to hardware/setup challenges, and not vaper's tongue.
Thanks for he speeder research too, I have actually been using the recommended wattage generally with those.
No worries. I did that mostly for my own benefit and trying to make sure I wasn't speaking out of turn:blush:. If it helped you at all; I am glad:D.

Since you say you have been using that set-up mostly around the vendor recommended wattage; I would again encourage you to try taking it lower, as well as reduce the airflow. Just as a comparison, I personally find my sweet(er?) spot to be routinely 15 to as much as 30 watts lower (and the airflow half, to tree quarters closed) than other mention use for the same device. That very well may have no correlation to you, and your own personal preferences, and experience; but I mention it to show that what is "best" for any given vaper can vary widely. Patience, and perseverance, are the two biggest strengths one can have when trying to learn and understand a new atty as it performs for you.:)
Funnily enough I had a cheap and cheerful Vecco Solo I enjoyed using before I lost it at the pub so I might grab another and try that out.
Nothing wrong with cheap! If it works for you; all the better!

I often wonder, how many of the seemingly endless supply of new atty designs, actually make a significant improvement, and how much is just a placebo effect brought on by our desire for new and shiny things.:laugh:
It seemed to sit in between a T22 style and a powerful air driven speeder.
It sounds like you might want to be searching for an RTA that has a more restricted DTL (direct-to-lung) type of draw, that uses higher resistance factory coil heads. As you shop around, remember to ask what resistances are available for any particular atty. If flavor (vs. clouds) is your primary interest you may likely be happier with higher resistance coils. I might personally look for a minimum of 0.5 ohms (combined total; if a multi-coil head) and even 0.7-1.0 ohm preferred. Read lots of reviews, ask lots of questions (the Tanks, clearos, and drop-in coils forum on ECF is a good place to start), and always remember that just because 90 out of 100 people like model "X" atty; it doesn't guarantee you won't be one of the 10 who don't.

I always pay extra attention to the negative comments, and ask myself "how likely is 'this' going to annoy me," and is this coming from a knowledgeable source, or is this simply someone who wasn't willing/able to figure it out? (The latter is a total judgement call, and I am probably wrong as often as I am right; but if I don't "feel good" about the writing or thoughts being presented, I dismiss it outright.)

Look for patterns and trends: did a particular device start out with shaky reviews, but settled down to consistent positive reviews? Perhaps the manufacturer heard the complaints and reacted. Did it start out strong and then go to pot? Maybe the manufacturer started cutting corners, or lost its source for better quality components/materials, or maybe the B.S. early reviews by the paid shills are not measuring up to the real world experience.

I also am not usually one to jump on "new releases." I much prefer others, who have more discretionary income than I do, do the experimentation for me. I will let them figure out if it is junk, if it needs to be handled in a particular manner, or if it is better for one style of vaping than another. I generally try to look for at least 3-6 months of performance. (I should also mention here; I dismiss any review that start out "I got my <blank> today and..." or even "this week." To me: this is just not enough time to really understand a device.)

As you ask questions (whether in your local shops, or on the forums), always try to be as specific and detailed as you can, to get the most useful feedback. Saying "I would like suggestions for higher resistance, restricted DTL, RTA that uses factory coil heads" will get you much more useful suggestions than simply saying "What's the best flavor tank." The latter could get you suggestions for MTL (mouth-to-lung) very restricted airflow, power hungry wide-open cloud chasing DTLs, rebuildables where you need to make your own coils... etc. Also, mentioning what you have tried, and didn't like about them, can help give direction too (e.g. "this was too tight a draw," "that was to airy and had no flavor," or "this was too fiddly and leaked all the time").

Follow-up questions are never a bad idea either. This was a discussion I had in a vape shop two or three years ago (with a clerk no less!):
Me: "I am looking for a good flavor tank that is easy to rebuild."
Clerk: "Oh; this Kanger Subtank Mini is the best!"
Me: "Okay... um, great... compared to what? What else have you tried? What makes it the 'best'? How is it better than that Orchid there?"
Clerk: "Me? Oh, I haven't tried anything else. I have only used the Kanger since I upgraded from the Volcano cig-a-like."

I thanked him for his time, walked out, and never returned. They went out of business a few months later.:blink:
Anyhow... I hope you find what works for you!:toast::D

Wilson!

Sep 22, 2017
That, to me, says your lack of flavor is due to hardware/setup challenges, and not vaper's tongue.

No worries. I did that mostly for my own benefit and trying to make sure I wasn't speaking out of turn:blush:. If it helped you at all; I am glad[emoji1].

Since you say you have been using that set-up mostly around the vendor recommended wattage; I would again encourage you to try taking it lower, as well as reduce the airflow. Just as a comparison, I personally find my sweet(er?) spot to be routinely 15 to as much as 30 watts lower (and the airflow half, to tree quarters closed) than other mention use for the same device. That very well may have no correlation to you, and your own personal preferences, and experience; but I mention it to show that what is "best" for any given vaper can vary widely. Patience, and perseverance, are the two biggest strengths one can have when trying to learn and understand a new atty as it performs for you.:)

Nothing wrong with cheap! If it works for you; all the better!

I often wonder, how many of the seemingly endless supply of new atty designs, actually make a significant improvement, and how much is just a placebo effect brought on by our desire for new and shiny things.[emoji23]

It sounds like you might want to be searching for an RTA that has a more restricted DTL (direct-to-lung) type of draw, that uses higher resistance factory coil heads. As you shop around, remember to ask what resistances are available for any particular atty. If flavor (vs. clouds) is your primary interest you may likely be happier with higher resistance coils. I might personally look for a minimum of 0.5 ohms (combined total; if a multi-coil head) and even 0.7-1.0 ohm preferred. Read lots of reviews, ask lots of questions (the Tanks, clearos, and drop-in coils forum on ECF is a good place to start), and always remember that just because 90 out of 100 people like model "X" atty; it doesn't guarantee you won't be one of the 10 who don't.

I always pay extra attention to the negative comments, and ask myself "how likely is 'this' going to annoy me," and is this coming from a knowledgeable source, or is this simply someone who wasn't willing/able to figure it out? (The latter is a total judgement call, and I am probably wrong as often as I am right; but if I don't "feel good" about the writing or thoughts being presented, I dismiss it outright.)

Look for patterns and trends: did a particular device start out with shaky reviews, but settled down to consistent positive reviews? Perhaps the manufacturer heard the complaints and reacted. Did it start out strong and then go to pot? Maybe the manufacturer started cutting corners, or lost its source for better quality components/materials, or maybe the B.S. early reviews by the paid shills are not measuring up to the real world experience.

I also am not usually one to jump on "new releases." I much prefer others, who have more discretionary income than I do, do the experimentation for me. I will let them figure out if it is junk, if it needs to be handled in a particular manner, or if it is better for one style of vaping than another. I generally try to look for at least 3-6 months of performance. (I should also mention here; I dismiss any review that start out "I got my <blank> today and..." or even "this week." To me: this is just not enough time to really understand a device.)

As you ask questions (whether in your local shops, or on the forums), always try to be as specific and detailed as you can, to get the most useful feedback. Saying "I would like suggestions for higher resistance, restricted DTL, RTA that uses factory coil heads" will get you much more useful suggestions than simply saying "What's the best flavor tank." The latter could get you suggestions for MTL (mouth-to-lung) very restricted airflow, power hungry wide-open cloud chasing DTLs, rebuildables where you need to make your own coils... etc. Also, mentioning what you have tried, and didn't like about them, can help give direction too (e.g. "this was too tight a draw," "that was to airy and had no flavor," or "this was too fiddly and leaked all the time").

Follow-up questions are never a bad idea either. This was a discussion I had in a vape shop two or three years ago (with a clerk no less!):
Me: "I am looking for a good flavor tank that is easy to rebuild."
Clerk: "Oh; this Kanger Subtank Mini is the best!"
Me: "Okay... um, great... compared to what? What else have you tried? What makes it the 'best'? How is it better than that Orchid there?"
Clerk: "Me? Oh, I haven't tried anything else. I have only used the Kanger since I upgraded from the Volcano cig-a-like."

I thanked him for his time, walked out, and never returned. They went out of business a few months later.:blink:
Anyhow... I hope you find what works for you!:toast::D

Hey mate you're awesome thanks for the effort!!

I'll take those suggestions onboard for sure and a lot of it resonates with me 100%.

The speeder has a really wide mouth peice.

So I went to the shop on the way home and got a new Veco Solo. Nice and easy, no settings options. When I got it home the stupid thing had a rattle inside and won’t fire up, great, DOA.

The guys also tried my Juice in my speeder and said two things;

1. Damn that's strong, it's 12mg and you should be on 3-6 mg maximum otherwise the tobacco flavour overrides the juice flavour.

2. The flavour of the juice is overpoweringly peppery, hence maybe that's what's dominating over the flavour

3. Stop paying for a retail site to mix the nic for you, buy the nic and find flavours you like and mix your own and I'll help you understand how to do it all

He was awesome and while there I ordered for and paid for the following from Mixology Vape NZ arriving in 2-3 days;

Unflavoured Nicotine 100ml
Nicotine Level: 100mg
Base: PG

I can't wait for it to arrive, maybe this will sort me out. If I can mix my own then maybe I can make it around 6mg and get rid of the bloody peppery flavour that completely dominates it now.

I can't believe I used to taste beautiful flavours not so long ago and now all I get is peppery plastic flavour and cloud...

Last edited:

Wilson!

Sep 22, 2017
Using Speeders almost exclusively. 20 watts. OBS Nanos at around .5.

The same set up exactly as this or are you getting this tank but ordering a special coil?

OBS Engine NANO RTA • 25mm 5.3ml

How do you run it so low? The NRG and Athos tanks I have will hardly fire up at anything below 50

How do you find the flavour with the stock standard Athos Tank and what mg do you vape?

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hey mate you're awesome thanks for the effort!!
I'm glad to do it; I just hope it helps you, and does't confuse you, or make matters worse!:D
The guys also tried my Juice in my speeder and said two things;

1. Damn that's strong, it's 12mg and you should be on 3-6 mg maximum otherwise the tobacco flavour overrides the juice flavour.

2. The flavour of the juice is overpoweringly peppery, hence maybe that's what's dominating over the flavour
Re #1: I am kicking myself right now... I never thought to ask if you dropped your nicotine level when you changed atomizers.:facepalm: Sorry! My bad!!:(

Re #2: Generally; "peppery" (when referring to the affects of nicotine concentrate) is less about actual taste, and more about a "prickly" feel in the sinuses, and perhaps an increase in "throat-hit" (that scratchy/burning feel in the back of your throat). I can see how either, or both could affect one's perceived taste.
3. Stop paying for a retail site to mix the nic for you, buy the nic and find flavours you like and mix your own and I'll help you understand how to do it all
That sounds like a terrific human being! Jump on an offer like that; and don't look back! I have been DIYing my own e-liquids for over two years and don't regret it a bit.

If I can offer a couple of suggestions to help you both get off to a smoother start; I would suggest the following:
1. Besides a nicotine concentrate (which you said you have already ordered), and flavor concentrates (which I will talk about in more detail in a moment), you will need plain PG, and plain VG, to balance out your recipes. Get those purchased when you order your flavor concentrates (unless he is going to provide them)or your mixing will be delayed.
(as a side note: I have found that I actually enjoy vaping unflavored e-liquid. It is just PG, VG, and nic concentrate, without any added flavoring. It isn't "exciting" the way a really good flavored juice can be; but it is slightly sweet, and satisfying none the less. It is also dirt cheap, and impossible to mess up (as long as you pay attention to the amount of nicotine concentrate you are adding).

2A. Regarding flavor concentrates: because you have a mentor; find out what brand(s) he prefers to use and buy those. Using concentrates he is familiar with will help minimize both your learning curves to start. There may be "better" concentrates (those that appeal to your palate better); but you can explore those once you get the mixing fundamentals down first.

2B. Still regarding flavor concentrates: Try to give your mentor as detailed a description of the flavors you like, as possible... and then ask him for concentrate suggestions. Don't just say "I like fruits." Say something like "I like strawberry. More like the candy than the fresh fruit." Or, "I like a really sweet glazed doughnut taste; like you get from <brand X>." That way he can steer you to the flavor concentrates he thinks you will need to get close to those flavor profiles.

3. There are a ton of good resources on the internet for new DIYers; with ECF's DIY E-liquids forum right at the top. Do yourself, and your new-found mentor a favor, and ignore them... for now. It will only lead to confusion, frustration, and hurt feelings. (Kind of like asking your professional painter friend, to come over and help paint your house, and then telling him how he is doing it all wrong.:p)

There is a near limitless number of ways to DIY, and most of them can work. But, when starting out, it is best to focus on one and stick with it. Then, as you get more comfortable with the basics, and you learn what you might like to change, ...then you can branch out, and explore other variations/methods that might be a better fit for you.
He was awesome and while there I ordered for and paid for the following from Mixology Vape NZ arriving in 2-3 days;

Unflavoured Nicotine 100ml
Nicotine Level: 100mg
Base: PG
I have found (on ECF at least) that it is best to express nicotine concentration as "milligrams/milliliter" (Xmg/mL). This avoids potential confusion from some UK/EU countries that describe their nicotine content in terms of total percentage to volume.

Because your purchase would be a very low ready-to-vape 1mg/mL if it were percent to volume (and not very suitable for DIY); I will assume you are buying 100mg/mL, which is the higher end of DIY potency, very cost effective, and half way to the maximum allowed for discussion on ECF (200mg/mL is the cut-off). Good choice!:thumbs:

Note on using PG base for nicotine concentrate: This is probably a good choice for your introduction into DIY. You may later decide to change that for further purchases.
Pros for PG:
1. It is thinner; and therefore easier to work with.
2. It is generally accepted as a "better" flavor carrier.
3. It can add additional throat-hit compared to VG.
4. Being thinner than VG; PG wicks more readily (meaning less potential for dry hits; especially in older attys with smaller juice flow apertures).

Cons for PG:
1. Some people are allergic to PG; and need to avoid it.
2. It can add unwanted throat-hit compared to VG.
3. Being thinner than VG; PG will be more prone to flood (especially in devices that have this proclivity).
4. Because PG remains thinner at lower temperatures than VG; PG may not provide as much extended shelf life for nicotine concentrates compared to VG based nicotine concentrates. Note: don't even worry about this until you are starting to think about buying greater than 1 year supplies... then do your own research and decide for yourself.

I can't wait for it to arrive, maybe this will sort me out. If I can mix my own then maybe I can make it around 6mg and get rid of the bloody peppery flavour that completely dominates it now.
I hope that works for you too.

"Slow, small, simple with LOTS of time, patience, and NOTES." are my pointers to those starting on the DIY path.

Slow: start with a few ingredients, and learn how to use them. You can build your repertoire as you grow.

Small: ALWAYS mix in small batches until you get your recipe to your liking (10-15mL is good). Then you can mix as large as you like (be aware that some flavors/recipes can diminish over time; so don't make too much).

Simple: Mixing complex flavor profiles come with time and practice. "Learning to walk, before you run" has never been more true than with DIY. It has a fair amount of similarities to cooking; not everyone can bang out a Peter Gordon multi-layered subtle fusion masterpiece on their first (second, third, etc.) try; but most(?) can hope to scramble an egg, and have it palatable.
Keep your initial mixes simple; one, two, three flavors max. They may not "wow" you; but they will provide the building blocks on which to grow. And, you may be pleasantly surprised, by finding that single flavor that just "hits the spot" for you.

Time/Patience: These two go hand-in-hand. Just because a recipe taste like the south end of a northbound steer right after mixing; DOES NOT mean that is how it will end up. Don't automatically dump it. Put it away in a drawer, or cupboard, for three days to a week. Then taste it again; how does it taste now?

Is this what you were looking for; you are good to go... vape away.
Is it better; but still not great? park it for another week. taste again.
Is it no better, maybe even worse; okay, maybe this belongs to the drain. (But that is why we mix in small batches;))

One of the biggest mistakes (in my opinion) is new DIYers trying to "fix" fresh mixes (adding more flavor, diluting flavor with more PG/VG) and not giving the recipe a chance to find equilibrium. Some flavors, like candies and fruits, often are shake-and vape. While others, like tobaccos and creams, require time to mature and develop. But all of this depends on the flavor, the manufacture, and your own personal palate. You will never truly know if you don't give it a chance.

NOTES: This (again; my opinion only) is the greatest missed opportunity by those new to DIY. Record everything you do. What you add (ingredients), how you measure it (mL, g, drops, eyeball, etc.), what order you add it in, what you do with it (shake, stir, heat, sonic, breathe, whisper the the "seven sacred prayers" over, etc.). Any one of these can be the difference between a "win" and a "fail." But, if you don't keep detailed notes of what you have done, how can you hope to repeat (or avoid) them in the future. I can't speak for one other single mixer; but everything I have learned has come from trial and error. Personally, I prefer not to repeat the errors wherever possible... and be able to repeat my successes without having to start at square one.:rolleyes:

Bottom line: DIY is less about "accuracy," and more about "repeatability."
I wish you all the best my friend; and keep us informed on your progress!:D:toast::D

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
The same set up exactly as this or are you getting this tank but ordering a special coil?

OBS Engine NANO RTA • 25mm 5.3ml

How do you run it so low? The NRG and Athos tanks I have will hardly fire up at anything below 50

How do you find the flavour with the stock standard Athos Tank and what mg do you vape?
@Wilson!,
The OBS Engine Nano is a rebuildable tank atomizer. Which means you have to wrap your own coils from wire, and wick them; not a factory-built coil head. So, the resistance can be whatever you want. Comparing the Engine to your Athos, unless one is using a 0.30 to 0.16 ohm coil, is comparing apples to oranges.
I didn't get the 'kit' when I bought my Speeders.
Works great at 18-20w for me.
@NicotineRush,
the Aspire Speeder is a mod/regulated power supply; and you said you didn't buy the kit (which would include the Aspire Athos atomizer @Wilson! is having problems with). What atomizer are you referring to when you say you are "working great at 18-20w?" Is that the Engine Nano with a single coil built to 0.50 ohms? That could be a good option if @Wilson! is willing to build/learn to build his own coils.

Reactions: stols001

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'

[USER=1520]@NicotineRush
the Aspire Speeder is a mod/regulated power supply; and you said you didn't buy the kit (which would include the Aspire Athos atomizer @Wilson! is having problems with). What atomizer are you referring to when you say you are "working great at 18-20w?" Is that the Engine Nano with a single coil built to 0.50 ohms? That could be a good option if @Wilson! is willing to build/learn to build his own coils.[/USER]

Yes, The Nano at 18-20w and around .5 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread