Status
Not open for further replies.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Just don't get freaked out or paranoid if you see a bunch of people vaping a lower amount of nicotine than you are. You need to find the right nicotine level for you and that's all that counts.

Lots of people vape a little higher to get off the cigs. You can always drop back down if you want to. Or stay there if you're happy.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I was a heavy long term smoker of non filtered cigarettes. The last few years were ryo so I started with 24mg figuring I needed every bit of it. It worked fine for me but after only a few weeks I thought I could go down to 18. Entirely too quick for me and I started wanting to smoke again. That was March and I'm just now feeling confident enough to try lowering some by mixing in a little 18 with the 24 and seeing if I can sloooowly bring it down, but this time you can bet I'm going to have plenty of 24 around. The main reason I smoked non filters is because I didn't want to inhale the loose filter fibers after noticing them on freshly opened packs. Reminded me of asbestos fibers or something. I would eventually like to get down to 6 or 0 nic but have no intention of ever giving up vaping.

P1NkY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Planet Earth
i've been vaping 18mg, thats what i started out with and it's been okay so far, but i was thinking about going up to 24mg because i still have *some* cravings for analogs, almost feels like i have to puff, puff and puff some more to get the amount of nic i want. :blush:

anyone raised there mg ??? how did it go ??

is this a good idea / bad idea??
:blink:

& as always, thanks..!!!

Yup, that's what I started with, also. I went all scientific about it and calculated the amount of nic in the pack o' day of analogs I smoked which yielded about 18mg. I thought, that's what I'll need... Vapin' like a fiend, and still antsy as heck, I caved in and had about 3 analogs that calmed me down somewhat. I thought, "To hell with it! I'll up my dosage to 24mg and see what happens."
As soon as I took that first drag o' 24, and felt that familiar scratch at the back of my throat... Satisfaction at last!
I will try, however, to wean myself off "Ze nic" gradually. I've noticed I need 24 in the mo'nin, 24 at work for *ninja stealth mode activated* vapin', and 18 or perhaps less during the evening when I plop in mah chair ECFing, because if I stay at 24 my heartbeat goes into hummingbird mode and my feet... THEY BURNNNN!!! (Noticed that with over-smoking, too, though it might have something to do with age and andropause or something, lol!)
Go ahead and up it to 24 (or thereabouts) and see if that's what you've been missin', too!

jericoriver

Please support CASAA
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Midway,Ga.
I started at 36mg and stayed there for a few months, then went down to 24mg. I tried 18mg but even after a year and a half of vaping, I began to crave cigarettes. It's not worth it - go up to 24mg or higher if need be. Anything to avoid smoking. My two cents.
Same here and after two years, I still use 24. About 4 1/2 ml a day.

juicycrystal

Aug 3, 2011
Idaho
...... At 18, it was a constant tug at my pocket for more more more.

thats ExatLy how i feel. i'm so glad i ordered 24mg liquid and cartos today. :)
i cant wait to see the diff. cause i def dont wanna crave those dang stink sticks, or feel like i wanna vape / puff every 5 mins.
(well during ECF and downtime, i don't mind so much, LoL ... but during the day, i just seem tooooo busy.)

St. Nick

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Southern Arizona
GOOD FOR YOU juicycrystal!!! Today is my 1 month anniversary smoke free and 3 months vaping and I don't miss smoking at all. Vaping is so great and now I can smell a smoker from 50 ft away. Did I really smell like that ALL day long???? And the best part is no coughing and hacking, I feel so much better, and my wife loves kissing me (a lot) again....... not in that order, obviously!!

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
I stepped down and use high nic as a treat. One thing to consider, people tend to progressively vape more over time so if you feel your vaping will be constant then go for it. If you step up and it's too much then you won't be able to vape at all or get headaches. You can always vape a bit more at a level you are comfortable at... Remember, it's nic/time not just nic dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread